Mirror Recommendations

Any thoughts about these mirrors????

1608309040155.png

Sounds good, I just ordered it on amazon and will be at my house tomorrow. I also order that Bosch rubber connector plug when the battery is removed for charging
I’ve pondered the plug myself. The Mirrycle is very rugged, has a good sized mirror and stays where it’s put as long as you’ve tightened it well.

I’ve pondered the plug myself. The Mirrycle is very rugged, has a good sized mirror and stays where it’s put as long as you’ve tightened it well.
yeah, the plug was like $6-7.00 so I figured its inexpensive and it makes sense to keep it clean when the battery is removed. With winter/rain, I will store the battery in the house and bike is in garage under an old bed sheet. What kind of lock are you using? I thought about just getting either a wheel lock or possibly that Abus frame wheel lock for temporary when Im just outside for coffee or quick in/out stops.

yeah, the plug was like $6-7.00 so I figured its inexpensive and it makes sense to keep it clean when the battery is removed. With winter/rain, I will store the battery in the house and bike is in garage under an old bed sheet. What kind of lock are you using? I thought about just getting either a wheel lock or possibly that Abus frame wheel lock for temporary when Im just outside for coffee or quick in/out stops.
Nice to have a LBS around with these accessories to check out. Also no reason you can't have both a helmet mount and a bar end mirror...like my wife does.

I don’t actually have a specific lock for the Allants as we don’t yet really ride where we leave the bikes at all. I have a pair of heavy padlock/chain combos if we need them. Our Hollywood bike rack has a hitch lock, lockable hooks and a hefty cable lock.

And you can carry the chain and lock as a dog defense.
Off-topic, but... In my "yoot" I ran vibratory wire plows for farm phone lines. We had the same dog deterrent that USPS used to issue. I hit a big ass farm dog square in the face. He stopped dead and howled and ran. The next time we were there we couldn't get out of the truck. He remembered...

Yes, looks like a good one for drop bars; better in that instance than the Mirrycle, which would not be as practical.
For straight & riser bars, I like the mirrycle because it extends a bit further outboard. the mirror lens itself is the same
size.

Thats the one I have on my Revolt-E (drop bar). It works reasonably well, with the main issue being that sticking out the end of a drop bar puts the mirror pretty far out of line of sight. Which, to be fair, is an issue with every drop bar mirror I've ever used. I mostly use it as a supplement to the traditional roadie shoulder check and it works fine for that.

I also use this one with a gravel drop bar, and as the bars already flare out I have the mirror on the inside frame side rather than sticking out even wider which works and keeps the mirror from getting knocked. I agree with the other comments about this being a good choice for a drop bar. Although I have to look further from forward line of site with the mirror low at the end of the drop bar, I still have forward peripheral view and it is much better than a shoulder check on a fast windy decent. I can see if I am holding up traffic, and can check for the blinking headlight of my partners to make sure they are still behind me in a much safer way.

We used to carry the Mirrcyle mirrors and the issue some riders have is that they are quite fragile. Overtighten the screws or ding it against a wall, bike rack etc... they typically crack. We would typically have about 20-30 issues per year with these.

We then started carrying the B&M Cyclestar mirrors and they are far superior in terms of quality. While they cost about 2x as much they will give riders years of trouble-free service, some are foldable and are simply the best in the market in my opinion. Since carrying these mirrors we have had "0" complaints or issues. Customers are happier with these.

https://scooteretti.com/collections/bicycle-mirrors

Will

We used to carry the Mirrcyle mirrors and the issue some riders have is that they are quite fragile. Overtighten the screws or ding it against a wall, bike rack etc... they typically crack. We would typically have about 20-30 issues per year with these.

We then started carrying the B&M Cyclestar mirrors and they are far superior in terms of quality. While they cost about 2x as much they will give riders years of trouble-free service, some are foldable and are simply the best in the market in my opinion. Since carrying these mirrors we have had "0" complaints or issues. Customers are happier with these.

https://scooteretti.com/collections/bicycle-mirrors

Will
I’ve had years of service from the 4 Mirrycle mirrors we've bought and have 0 complaints. They have never cracked.

As long as you are careful and loosen the screws when adjusting them and not banging them up against something they are fine and do the job nicely.

Hit something or try to move them when not loose or over tighten them and the plastic will crack.

As long as you are careful and loosen the screws when adjusting them and not banging them up against something they are fine and do the job nicely.

Hit something or try to move them when not loose or over tighten them and the plastic will crack.
I’ve dropped several times where the mirrors were landed on and they moved a lot but never cracked or broke. I admit the plastic seems brittle but has held up well for me. Apparently I’ve never overtightened one.

Back