March 17 '21 order: 3-4 weeks until shipped; Waited 11 weeks until delivered on Jun 1 (OP) & June 3 (Tom J B).

After riding my new XP I did notice the brake pads do squeak a lot when depressed. I’m certainly not going to replace them until it is necessary, but here is a good video describing how to do it and what pads to use.

IMG_20210606_153215.jpg
off grid today Tom!

Just read an article that prices will be going up and bike/parts shortages and delays will be with us for about 2 MORE years. There are only 3 main component manufacturers in the world and with thousands of companies selling bikes worldwide, its a really bad scenario. In fact used bikes are selling for "new" prices on the used market...just because folks are not willing to wait to get a new bike waiting sometimes months or even years for the rare bikes. Lots of people are buying used mountain bikes (like TREK, etc) and electrifying them with kits (like the $700 500 watt Bafang mid drive kit) that are in stock and ship out same day. Also the timing on introducing new models doesn't make sense to me. Why come out with a new model or new version in May or June? Why not January or February so that the long wait doesn't impact people as much during the winter?

Just read an article that prices will be going up and bike/parts shortages and delays will be with us for about 2 MORE years. There are only 3 main component manufacturers in the world and with thousands of companies selling bikes worldwide, its a really bad scenario. In fact used bikes are selling for "new" prices on the used market...just because folks are not willing to wait to get a new bike waiting sometimes months or even years for the rare bikes. Lots of people are buying used mountain bikes (like TREK, etc) and electrifying them with kits (like the $700 500 watt Bafang mid drive kit) that are in stock and ship out same day. Also the timing on introducing new models doesn't make sense to me. Why come out with a new model or new version in May or June? Why not January or February so that the long wait doesn't impact people as much during the winter?
If you have any mechanical/electrical abilities at all this would be a great time to take reasonably decent bikes and convert them to ebikes then sell them on social media websites to become self employed... until the shortages cripple the motor/battery delivery.

Myers830 IF, you have the article reachable can you pls post a link here..

EU focused article: https://cyclingindustry.news/supply-chain-pressures-felt-by-85-of-firms-says-cie-study/

See also the frontpage of BicycleRetailer section called Supply Chain Woes... lots of articles and news there in the crunch, how it’s being addressed/not addressed and what it means for retail and the consumer: https://www.bicycleretailer.com/
Wow. Sobering stuff. Thx for posting. Aventon did a press release June 4 regarding having to source to less than traditional suppliers due to shortages. I ordered June 3 (they could have told those of us with orders in the pipeline but did not). Either I get in under the wire or I open a mystery bike June 10 I suppose...

Wow. Sobering stuff. Thx for posting. Aventon did a press release June 4 regarding having to source to less than traditional suppliers due to shortages. I ordered June 3 (they could have told those of us with orders in the pipeline but did not). Either I get in under the wire or I open a mystery bike June 10 I suppose...
Like Forest Gump's momma always said "...life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get..."

My guess is this will cause more boutique manufacturing. In a monopolized industry of less than a handful of major bike component manufacturers this was bound to happen. Either way, prices will go up and quality will go down for a couple years anyway.

My guess is this will cause more boutique manufacturing. In a monopolized industry of less than a handful of major bike component manufacturers this was bound to happen. Either way, prices will go up and quality will go down for a couple years anyway.
Supply Chain backlog = worst it's been since 1987. I guess just-in-time inventory comes with a fatal flaw. 'Just in Time', now replaced by 'Just in Case'. Hopefully quality US based alternatives sprout up. ECON 101 if there's a $ o be made new players move in...

Attachments

• IMG_7072.jpg
    IMG_7072.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 114
Tire puncture today. Too big to patch. 1" wide. Time to order the Kenda Craze I guess. No riding until I buy a new tube & tire😒

Ouch, how did that happen?
Coming down a flintlock hill with a 45° slope. Hit the brakes to slow myself and probably hit a sliver of glass near or after the bottom of the hill. Place is known for giving flats and I chose to ride any way, my fault. No more creek bottom for me, pavement only from here out. I will say the CST is VERY thin & I see no 'puncture proofing' as described by Lectric. Live & learn I guess.

If it was the back wheel since you going to take it off you may want to do the freewheel upgrade 11-34T.

I’m finding my XP to have excellent hill climbing ability with the stock free wheel. This would certainly void the warranty, correct?

Back