March 17 '21 order: 3-4 weeks until shipped; Waited 11 weeks until delivered on Jun 1 (OP) & June 3 (Tom J B).

Hi Guys!
I did the back sprocket upgrade with no problems.. Just a simple switch out .
I personally did not need the notched tool to fit inside the shaft..
I bought one without and it slipped past the motor cable no problem. Also, you wont need a sprocket grabber tool.
It's the thing with the piece of chain on it.
The sprocket assembly is simply lefty loosy so hold the rim up on its edge and apply pressure down to loosen.
Also,, In case your not familiar with it.. just snug up the new one.. Careful not to cross thread, but the motion of your peddling will tighten and fully seat the new part..
That's just my two cents..
I've done every upgrade I could want.. Next I'm thinking about cracking open my motors (both hubs) and coating the inner workings with that electrical water proofing coating... Any Tips? Is one product better than another?
My bike is no longer just an XP... LOL!
It's the RACER-X3/OG. Signature Edition by Lectric!.. the X3 for short.
Pictures to follow.
Cheers!!

Racer

Last edited:
I called KendaUSA with a Q on matching inner tube to a 20"x4". They were quite helpful (even though they couldn't say for sure a Kenda tube model on Amazon would match a Kenda tire). He steered me to RadPowrerBikes which had the tubes and we were 100% sure. Maybe KendaUSA knows were some tires can be found..
I too have found, that, the Rad Power online store carries 20x4-4.25" tubes (not just the 20x3.3-4" we're seeing sold through other online outlets, namely everyone). These tubes would hold up... better?... than the smaller ones @ max PSI (30PSI). Not only for 20x4.25" tires, but all 20x4" tires, including the CST BFT. I'm personally getting the Kenda Kraze for it's wear performance, tread thickness, street tread profile, & seems to be the more economical tire, slightly increasing battery longevity (adversely, the knobbies 'grab' the road) through reduced rolling resistance. They roll further lol. So says YouTube people, we'll see. After getting them, if there are any left (fingers crossed) next month, I'll report back. Ordering two Kenda Kraze & 1-20x4.25" tube from Rad Power in roughly two weeks time.

Hi Guys!
I did the back sprocket upgrade with no problems.. Just a simple switch out .
I personally did not need the notched tool to fit inside the shaft..
I bought one without and it slipped past the motor cable no problem. Also, you wont need a sprocket grabber tool.
It's the thing with the piece of chain on it.
The sprocket assembly is simply lefty loosy so hold the rim up on its edge and apply pressure down to loosen.
Also,, In case your not familiar with it.. just snug up the new one.. Careful not to cross thread, but the motion of your peddling will tighten and fully seat the new part..
That's just my two cents..
I've done every upgrade I could want.. Next I'm thinking about cracking open my motors (both hubs) and coating the inner workings with that electrical water proofing coating... Any Tips? Is one product better than another?
My bike is no longer just an XP... LOL!
It's the RACER-X3/OG. Signature Edition by Lectric!.. the X3 for short.
Pictures to follow.
Cheers!!

Racer
Pics Racer!

I too have found, that, the Rad Power online store carries 20x4-4.25" tubes (not just the 20x3.3-4" we're seeing sold through other online outlets, namely everyone). These tubes would hold up... better?... than the smaller ones @ max PSI (30PSI). Not only for 20x4.25" tires, but all 20x4" tires, including the CST BFT. I'm personally getting the Kenda Kraze for it's wear performance, tread thickness, street tread profile, & seems to be the more economical tire, slightly increasing battery longevity (adversely, the knobbies 'grab' the road) through reduced rolling resistance. They roll further lol. So says YouTube people, we'll see. After getting them, if there are any left (fingers crossed) next month, I'll report back. Ordering two Kenda Kraze & 1-20x4.25" tube from Rad Power in roughly two weeks time.
Tire codes can be confusing - my tire reads [ 90/100- 16 24B and (98-406 20 X 4.0) and 21 BAR 40-210 KPA ]. Vs, the Kenda tire tube [ 90/100- 16 (3.50- 16) TR-6 ]. Even Kenda Corp. was sure this'll work. And I'm not gonna take a chance and find out on a trail somewhere 9 miles from the car with a 67 lb bike upside down with the wheel off. Radpowerbikes DOES simplify things..

Pics Racer!
LOl!
I Know, I know.. Let me get a nice day to take a quick trip to the park.
It'll be in the next day or so.. Our weather is going into "full on summer mode" in the next few days.
On another note, I did a flawless first attempt at my vinyl wrap!!
Not a single bubble and its so tight you can make out the word LECTRIC underneath it.
So far I've left the gray stripes down the swing arm sides in the back.. that may change, but the rest is blacked out..
I'm pretty stoked about how well it worked out!
The best tip given was by "Randy Rides"
Soapy water on both the sticky side of the film and on the work surface.. no joke!! Then squeegee and gentle heat gun!
I did take the time to precut the pattern to include the angles at the frame hinge, both sides and the top of the bar..All in one piece. I wrapped the neck separately.
LIKE A CHAMP!!
I can't wait to show it.
Cheers everyone.. Happy Monday.. Lol!

Racer

Last edited:
Black XP 1.0 delivered today(Ordered April 30). Appears to be in good condition. Battery charging. Rotors alcohol wiped. Fasteners checked. Tire air pressure at 27psi. One small blemish/scuff on front fender clear coat about the size of a shirt button. Lectric already sending touch up paint. I asked for schwag but was told they're out of stock. Suggested packing in a large plastic bag then filling the box with spray foam as at least one other china reseller does. 91 degrees and humid here today. Hope to get a ride in this evening or tonight. Pedal cleats appear to be non removable so cant install the red ones I got. Stereo mounted. Phone holder mounted. Top tube bag on. Still need to mount the bottle holder, panniers, etc.

LOl!
I Know, I know.. Let me get a nice day to take a quick trip to the park.
It'll be in the next day or so.. Our weather is going into "full on summer mode" in the next few days.
On another note, I did a flawless first attempt at my vinyl wrap!!
Not a single bubble and its so tight you can make out the word LECTRIC underneath it.
So far I've left the gray stripes down the swing arm sides in the back.. that may change, but the rest is blacked out..
I'm pretty stoked about how well it worked out!
The best tip given was by "Randy Rides"
Soapy water on both the sticky side of the film and on the work surface.. no joke!! Then squeegee and gentle heat gun!
I did take the time to precut the pattern to include the angles at the frame hinge, both sides and the top of the bar..All in one piece. I wrapped the neck separately.
LIKE A CHAMP!!
I can't wait to show it.
Cheers everyone.. Happy Monday.. Lol!

Racer
I suppose each individual has his or her own taste, but I could never understand why someone would go through the trouble of making the whole bike BLACK. But I’m glad you’re happy with it, enjoy! BTW, soapy water is how car window tinting is applied also.

Black XP 1.0 delivered today(Ordered April 30). Appears to be in good condition. Battery charging. Rotors alcohol wiped. Fasteners checked. Tire air pressure at 27psi. One small blemish/scuff on front fender clear coat about the size of a shirt button. Lectric already sending touch up paint. I asked for schwag but was told they're out of stock. Suggested packing in a large plastic bag then filling the box with spray foam as at least one other china reseller does. 91 degrees and humid here today. Hope to get a ride in this evening or tonight. Pedal cleats appear to be non removable so cant install the red ones I got. Stereo mounted. Phone holder mounted. Top tube bag on. Still need to mount the bottle holder, panniers, etc.
Mount the panniers with the side buckles to the front & front buckles to the back, basically opposite of the Lectric tutorial. You'll like the fit better. Congratulations Stoney!

Just did a short 6 mile test ride. I get what the hype is about now. Better than I expected. Tried not to smile the whole time. Failed.:cool: Night ride next. Topping off battery now.

Mount the panniers with the side buckles to the front & front buckles to the back, basically opposite of the Lectric tutorial. You'll like the fit better. Congratulations Stoney!
Thanks, I haven't put the panniers on yet. Debating if I'll use them or other options. I'll keep the reverse mount in mind if I use them.
Couple of accessories I highly recommend: Bike Stereo, Air Pump, Turn Signals
The bike stereo is much louder than I thought it would be. I stuck a 32gb sd card in it and loaded a bunch of ride tunes on it. The air pump is handy. Set your psi and it auto cuts itself off at your setting. I got two of the turn signals and mounted both front and rear(front upside down) then paired them to the one handlebar remote.

Last edited:
I suppose each individual has his or her own taste, but I could never understand why someone would go through the trouble of making the whole bike BLACK. But I’m glad you’re happy with it, enjoy! BTW, soapy water is how car window tinting is applied also.
I understand,
I'm usually not a fan of the blackout thing either... too hard to keep clean. Had the White XP been available I may have gone that route
But my bike was already mostly that way.. I wanted to cover the logo in a way that looked factory..Because I'm paranoid someone will hunt it down and get hurt trying to steal it!...LOL!
I plan on a splash of red in the form of a small black widow hourglass mark or something similar, Maybe at the mid frame point where the controller lives in the frame... well see.. My pics are up now so .. you see i did add a bit of red.. I'll be looking into a red anodized seat clamp to match.
Have a great day!

Racer

I understand,
I'm usually not a fan of the blackout thing either... too hard to keep clean. Had the White XP been available I may have gone that route
But my bike was already mostly that way.. I wanted to cover the logo in a way that looked factory..Because I'm paranoid someone will hunt it down and get hurt trying to steal it!...LOL!
I plan on a splash of red in the form of a small black widow hourglass mark or something similar, Maybe at the mid frame point where the controller lives in the frame... well see.. My pics are up now so .. you see i did add a bit of red.. I'll be looking into a red anodized seat clamp to match.
Have a great day!

Racer
I don't think anyone is going to dare touch your bike when they see the huge knife holder. :oops:

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is going to dare touch your bike when they see the huge knife holder. :oops:
Lol!
That knife will slip into that spot when I go fishing!
I also have a fly pole holder that will mount to the front or rear axle..
It would make a good deterrent though!
lol... Maybe I'll keep it there for store runs after all ... Just kidding!
There's mace and a taser/ flashlight in the side pockets of the water bottle pouch in front, below the handlebars..that's for things like that.
Charging dogs, wild critters, even bad guys beware!
Cheers P.D.
Racer

I checked with customer support about my XP 2.0 ordered on May 18, #730xx. They send back with an email that was supposed to have gone to their customers about a 2 - 3 weeks delay. The current estimate is for them to label the shipment in mid-July, which probably means I will get it end of July at the earliest.

Ha, I just saw the email now in my mailbox, guess the support person jumped the gun by a few hours.

Lol!
That knife will slip into that spot when I go fishing!
I also have a fly pole holder that will mount to the front or rear axle..
It would make a good deterrent though!
lol... Maybe I'll keep it there for store runs after all ... Just kidding!
There's mace and a taser/ flashlight in the side pockets of the water bottle pouch in front, below the handlebars..that's for things like that.
Charging dogs, wild critters, even bad guys beware!
Cheers P.D.
Racer
Any chance of yourself having a template I could borrow, if'n I wanted to do something similar? Thinking full logo, fender, rack delete w/ whitewalls. 😏

All tires unavailable or sold out. Too bad the US doesn't make these things. Oh well, not going to get bummed out. Just accept it.

Not as of yet. I haven't made any effort to take the rim off of the bike, or even make it by Harbor Freight to grab a patch kit for that matter. I'd missed the tire order by one whole day. So, I guess I was sulking about it for an afternoon (as I'd wanted to get this flat repaired before the 4th, and ride out to some or @ least a few of the fireworks shows) before taking concession I wasn't getting a new tire anytime soon. Thing is @Pokerdogg , after seeing you'd remembered I'd had the flat, I think tomorrow I'll just do what I gotta do for a temporary fix and enjoy riding! Thanks for the inspiration lol.
(edit: grammar)

Fixed flat finally. Also, had to pull the trigger on Tannus inserts.
Screenshot_20210628-174205.png

Back