March 17 '21 order: 3-4 weeks until shipped; Waited 11 weeks until delivered on Jun 1 (OP) & June 3 (Tom J B).

What Lectric did with a folding fat tire bike took guts and money. They sourced a common frame and all the components to create a single point availability of a quality product at such an aggressive price point that the "big boys" likely had to take notice. Additionally, they created a customer support system that most seem to think is how support should be...aside from shipping issues. During a global pandemic that killed many businesses Lectric sold bikes like crazy and grew. About 10000 bikes sold from mid March to the end of April this year. It's probably going to take a few years of stable economy for things to smooth out. May or may not happen. My hat is off to the Lectric folks. They seem to have known ebikes were about to boom. Not many could have predicted the shipping issues. I seriously doubt they had the capital to preorder enough inventory for the boom anyway.

It's ALL 'Customer Service Rep' or 'CSR' - 2-3 variations of a CSR. Bottom line you get a picture of 3 owners and 33 people taking orders and keeping a lid on delivery concerns. As I said with $13M in sales last year (and counting order #'s, $13M in sales last 3-4 Mo;) one should see std. boxes of bsiness roles beyond CSR CSR CSR. Hope they succeed I really do but, I am done waiting end-o-June for fear necc. components not in hand + muscle of the big guys demanding THEIR stuff first, = inability to make bikes.
That's weird. I looked on LinkedIn and searched for Lectric ebikes, and sure many of the employees are CSRs, but I also see graphics designer, showroom manager, lead technican, content creator, showroom associate, director of operation, L&D specalist, copywriter, fulfillment associate, HR assistant. My search did not return 33 results, so no idea what titles the rest of the staff has.

That's weird. I looked on LinkedIn and searched for Lectric ebikes, and sure many of the employees are CSRs, but I also see graphics designer, showroom manager, lead technican, content creator, showroom associate, director of operation, L&D specalist, copywriter, fulfillment associate, HR assistant. My search did not return 33 results, so no idea what titles the rest of the staff has.
I never said CSR = 100% of staff, I said 90%. The 10% are, the graphics etc. as you note. Here's a Q, with 20,000 bikes pending delivery: Why are there zero bike mechanics or zero bike assemblers out there on LinkedIn? (A:) With 20,000 orders and minimal installers, can it be there's no need cause the components are not here...

It's ALL 'Customer Service Rep' or 'CSR' - 2-3 variations of a CSR. Bottom line you get a picture of 3 owners and 33 people taking orders and keeping a lid on delivery concerns. As I said with $13M in sales last year (and counting order #'s, $13M in sales last 3-4 Mo;) one should see std. boxes of bsiness roles beyond CSR CSR CSR. Hope they succeed I really do but, I am done waiting end-o-June for fear necc. components not in hand + muscle of the big guys demanding THEIR stuff first, = inability to make bikes.
I never said CSR = 100% of staff, I said 90%. The 10% are, the graphics etc. as you note. Here's a Q, with 20,000 bikes pending delivery: Why are there zero bike mechanics or zero bike assemblers out there on LinkedIn? (A:) With 20,000 orders and minimal installers, can it be there's no need cause the components are not here...
Well, you did say "It's ALL 'Customer Service Rep' or 'CSR'..." Usually when someone says ALL, it means 100%. Regardless, I found 10 other job titles aside from CSRs, so that is over 33% of the people listed in my Linked in search, not counting the owners of the company.

Should be very obvious why there is no bike mechanics or bike assemblers, since the bikes are made in China and from what I have read, they receive the shipment from China, look to see if the bike is ok, then rebox, label and ship them out. They don't assemble, or repair any bikes. I don't think they even put the accessories on the bike before shipping, but that is better commented on by someone whom has received a Lectric bike with accessories.

Sure, sounds like there is a huge fulfillment problem with Lectric bikes right now, and last year also. But the way I look at it, they have been around for 2 years, and they have up to this point, shipped out over 40,000 ebikes starting from ZERO, and the past 1+ year in the middle of a pandemic. Does it really matter what 66% of their staff's job title are CSRs? They are doing something right.

Well I finally got all my accessories put on my bike that got delivered today. Couldn’t load up my handlebars with my cell phone holder and my new headlight yet as I’m waiting for Velo orange klunker handlebars. I agree that the most important accessory or add on was the torsion seat post. What a difference it may just sitting on it. First impression of the bike was that it is a “beast”. Seems to be built very well. Second impression is, I do love the wide tires but they are a little thinner gauge than what I had expected. I see now why people can get thorns and some punctures in them. I’m glad they included the free bags for the back of the bike as I think they’re going to come in handy. Couldn’t do an initial ride yet as it’s been pouring rain since the bike came today. Besides, the battery is still charging after three hours. Every nut and bolt were well torqued from the factory. No bends, scratches or any defects whatsoever in shipping. I had intended on storing it upside down on hooks in my garage but that ain’t gonna happen. I honestly don’t think I will be folding it much either. I will try to fold it and put it in my wife’s Subaru Forester for vacation trips. I think I’m gonna love it.

Well I finally got all my accessories put on my bike that got delivered today. Couldn’t load up my handlebars with my cell phone holder and my new headlight yet as I’m waiting for Velo orange klunker handlebars. I agree that the most important accessory or add on was the torsion seat post. What a difference it may just sitting on it. First impression of the bike was that it is a “beast”. Seems to be built very well. Second impression is, I do love the wide tires but they are a little thinner gauge than what I had expected. I see now why people can get thorns and some punctures in them. I’m glad they included the free bags for the back of the bike as I think they’re going to come in handy. Couldn’t do an initial ride yet as it’s been pouring rain since the bike came today. Besides, the battery is still charging after three hours. Every nut and bolt were well torqued from the factory. No bends, scratches or any defects whatsoever in shipping. I had intended on storing it upside down on hooks in my garage but that ain’t gonna happen. I honestly don’t think I will be folding it much either. I will try to fold it and put it in my wife’s Subaru Forester for vacation trips. I think I’m gonna love it.
May be a pulley system to store the bike?

May be a pulley system to store the bike?
I’m buying this crate tomorrow at Home Cheapo so I could fold the bike and put it in the back of my wife’s SUV.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-4...h-and-Stack-Tote-with-Wheels-206201/312871610

Well I put air in the tires, 20 front, 25 rear and rode it a bit last night. It is a fun ride! I haven't even hit a mile yet, but at least I know it works. Chain did not rub against the tires, seemed to shift fine. Wish brakes had a bit more stopping power.

Should I lubricate the chain? I have some good chain lube on the shelf somewhere from my son who used it on his expensive mountain bike years ago. Probably not the right thread for it, but this one gets a lot of attention. I just know nothing about this, and don't want to have chain lubricant all over the bike or flinging off etc.

I certainly wouldn’t do any brake upgrades already. Once the shoes get broken in and the disc get cleaned I’m sure our brakes will improve. Mine are the same way. I put 28 pounds each into my tires. The tires themselves say inflate to 30 pounds, but 28 seems to be working fine. At that psi it absorbs the bumps very well. I know in the start up guide the manual said lube the chain, but I really don’t think that’s necessary. I too have less than a mile on my bike so far.

IMG_20210604_151438.jpg

Finally got a break in the rain around here. Took mine out for a 5 mile spin. I’m really impressed. Hardly any power used. Climbs really steep hills with ease. I find where the key goes in is a real pain in the ass.

So second bike came today finally, the white step through. No issues with the packing but I did call fed ex and worked my way through to an actual person to complain that my bike had been sitting just a few miles away since Sunday or Monday. Holiday aside, no reason for that. Surprise surprise when it showed up on the doorstep right around noon today. Kinda like talking with lectric..then all of a sudden shipping labels are being made or things are shipping..very interesting timing on all of it.

This one came with Chouyang tires instead of the cst. Also interesting that max inflate on those are 20 psi instead of 30, so for the wife I did 15 rear and 12 front. She didn’t complain and from appearances it looked inflated with her on it, so that’s the starting point there.

I like that the cst are higher since I weigh more I feel like it gives me extra adjustment. But the more “black” look of the chouyang tires would have definitely looked more bad ass on my black xp than the white lettering. They say they have some kinda dino skin (on the chouyang) so I assume that it supposed to mean they are tougher. Guess we will find out!

First complaint of the day was the second key “dangling”. I told the dw we would deal with that later but I would bet this will always be one of the biggest complaints. I know from a price point standpoint and ease of use or less “rubbing” on the frame..this is why it is. In my mind I would have tried to do something more “motorcycle” like up top, something that locks the handlebars from turning. But that would impact price point a lot I bet.

$87 you say? I'm thinking it a good investment overall. Hard to put a price on comfort 😉 They look sharp too!

Guys. I'm DEFINITELY getting another the extra battery! I don't know when exactly, I'm at the mercy of Lectric as they're currently sold out. But, yeah, need more range for exploring.

Guys. I'm DEFINITELY getting another the extra battery! I don't know when exactly, I'm at the mercy of Lectric as they're currently sold out. But, yeah, need more range for exploring.
How much range are you getting with the battery, under what PAS and riding conditions? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Back