March 17 '21 order: 3-4 weeks until shipped; Waited 11 weeks until delivered on Jun 1 (OP) & June 3 (Tom J B).

Goddamn. Aren't you mad?
At this point what’s another day?
By the way, are you keeping your stock handlebars? I really wanted to Velo Orange Klunker handlebars when they were $65 and free shipping. But now that went they up to $75 and now you pay for shipping it’s $87. I don’t know if I wanna put that much out.

All of the accessories fit. I'm good with stock. Seats comfy too. I'm thinking next thing is another battery.

IMG_20210602_191120.jpg

So. I went to adjust the steering and the 6mm key I have is too flimsy (fits perfectly though) and feels as if it's going to snap before the Allen bolt breaks loose. Damnit if it ain't torqued down. I'm need a better tool!

Goddamn. Aren't you mad?
Tell you what; I am trying not to be doom-n-gloom on these Lectric guys. I am glad the 1.0's for y'all are finally moving out. But scowering the websites, NO ONE is saying: "got my 2.0 this week". No one. 1. Delivery times used by US suppliers now worse in 35 yrs. 2. Some suppliers are refusing new orders / even shutting down operations temporarily. (WSJ). SO... since all these components are bought by Schwinn RAD Aventon (600,000 bikes sold since founding) ... guess who will get priority with supplier; the 800 lb gorrillas, or the 3 guys in Phoenix.

BTW a LinkedIn view of the staff there = 90% are customer service people. The 3 owner / founders, the 10% misc, then 90% CSRs. THAT is not good it screams keep the orders flowing (50%) of staff, and calm the waters, on incoming concerns (50%). IF due to circumstances outside their control they are squeezed further between no to low availability of parts / and the big guys pulling rank on 'em / and 40,000 unfulfilled orders, a lot of 2.0's - are in a world of hurt.

Love the bike, price is great, components are standard Shimano's and Tektro's etc. BUT if at Lectric (and these guys are newbie engineers not business people) and you're assuming parts will flow, and you won't be run over by the big guys on Lectic's position orders if components dry up, there could be a crisis on their hands if more delays occur.

Like I shared earlier from order (May 21) to UPS (June 1) an Aventon arrived here in 10 days. My Lectric 2.0, April 9 /May 14. I'm happy with an end June date ... but will be very nervous, in July. Apologies for rant..

Tell you what; I am trying not to be doom-n-gloom on these Lectric guys. I am glad the 1.0's for y'all are finally moving out. But scowering the websites, NO ONE is saying: "got my 2.0 this week". No one. 1. Delivery times used by US suppliers now worse in 35 yrs. 2. Some suppliers are refusing new orders / even shutting down operations temporarily. (WSJ). SO... since all these components are bought by Schwinn RAD Aventon (600,000 bikes sold since founding) ... guess who will get priority with supplier; the 800 lb gorrillas, or the 3 guys in Phoenix.

BTW a LinkedIn view of the staff there = 90% are customer service people. The 3 owner / founders, the 10% misc, then 90% CSRs. THAT is not good it screams keep the orders flowing (50%) of staff, and calm the waters, on incoming concerns (50%). IF due to circumstances outside their control they are squeezed further between no to low availability of parts / and the big guys pulling rank on 'em / and 40,000 unfulfilled orders, a lot of 2.0's - are in a world of hurt.

Love the bike, price is great, components are standard Shimano's and Tektro's etc. BUT if at Lectric (and these guys are newbie engineers not business people) and you're assuming parts will flow, and you won't be run over by the big guys on Lectic's position orders if components dry up, there could be a crisis on their hands if more delays occur.

Like I shared earlier from order (May 21) to UPS (June 1) an Aventon arrived here in 10 days. My Lectric 2.0, April 9 /May 14. I'm happy with an end June date ... but will be very nervous, in July. Apologies for rant..
Truth speaks volumes.

the 10 % misc
is that the venture capital firm that invested in,Jan/feb of this year?
Correct..a few of them are mixed in there in the 35 people or so. So technically (not really being headcount at Lectric) the % CSRs are quite high. OTOH maybe $2-$3M VC money cannot hurt, but $3M will do NOTHING to fix a parts pipeline slow down. So if this is a $13M Co; where are the marketing guys, the finance guys, the distribution guys, all std boxes - necc in even a small Co?

So, any real effort (no PAS) in 7th gear & the derailleur is so far 'out' that it forces the chain off the chainring. WHAT DO I DO?

Correct..a few of them are mixed in there in the 35 people or so. So technically (not really being headcount at Lectric) the % CSRs are quite high. OTOH maybe $2-$3M VC money cannot hurt, but $3M will do NOTHING to fix a parts pipeline slow down. So if this is a $13M Co; where are the marketing guys, the finance guys, the distribution guys, all std boxes - necc in even a small Co?
Job titles don't always reflect what people do, especially with a start up company. Likely most of the staff wear multiple hats and all have the same generic CSR title.

As for 2.0 shipment, frankly I would be surprised if they ship much if any, when they have a large backlog of 1.0 to be shipped still. Hopefully they can get thru the 1.0 backlog in a few weeks and shift over to 2.0 shipments.

Job titles don't always reflect what people do, especially with a start up company. Likely most of the staff wear multiple hats and all have the same generic CSR title.
It's ALL 'Customer Service Rep' or 'CSR' - 2-3 variations of a CSR. Bottom line you get a picture of 3 owners and 33 people taking orders and keeping a lid on delivery concerns. As I said with $13M in sales last year (and counting order #'s, $13M in sales last 3-4 Mo;) one should see std. boxes of bsiness roles beyond CSR CSR CSR. Hope they succeed I really do but, I am done waiting end-o-June for fear necc. components not in hand + muscle of the big guys demanding THEIR stuff first, = inability to make bikes.

So, any real effort (no PAS) in 7th gear & the derailleur is so far 'out' that it forces the chain off the chainring. WHAT DO I DO?

I feel like mine is the opposite. To be fair, I haven't ridden it or even inflated the tires yet. Just put it together and checked the torque per the book instructions, which do not point out most of the things you may be checking the torque on lol, so thats fun to figure out. But my bike shipped in first gear or so the little clicker says and the chain back by the derailleur is awful close to the back tire. Makes me wonder if it will rub on the tire when its properly inflated??

Still waiting on the step through bike, though this is the second time fed ex has replaced the bar code label from some reason, and despite saying it was out for delivery today, I don't expect to see it until tomorrow at the earliest. The expanded tracking history just says "on the truck" or something like that.

Back