Lovin’ my new Allant+ 7s

Sparky731

Region
USA
I debated between the 8s & 7s and chose the 7s primarily for the suspended front fork (smooths out many street and trail bumps) and the rear carrier to which I added an MIK adapter so that I could swap my Bontrager trunk from my Verve+ 3. Have put on 250+ miles in 3 weeks. Been riding off road grassy trails — the bike is a brute!
You can tell a happy ebike rider by the bug stains on her/his teeth? Actually had a bug on my front tooth after a ride last week!

First ride 5/5/21
Mileage as of 5/26 = 314.
Very fun bike to ride!

Attachments

• 7s First Ride.jpeg
    7s First Ride.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_5147.jpeg
    IMG_5147.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 296
I debated between the 8s & 7s and chose the 7s primarily for the suspended front fork (smooths out many street and trail bumps) and the rear carrier to which I added an MIK adapter so that I could swap my Bontrager trunk from my Verve+ 3. Have put on 250+ miles in 3 weeks. Been riding off road grassy trails — the bike is a brute!
You can tell a happy ebike rider by the bug stains on her/his teeth? Actually had a bug on my front tooth after a ride last week!

You have a Verve 3, So how do you compare the two. I have both also, the wife has the Verve and I got the 7s. I love the option of the front forks On/Off choice. And I also love the bigger tires. My only regret is I should have gotten a Stagger version. But on the other hand I appreciate the additional 3 water bottles, because I need it.

How about you?

I rode my Verve+ 3 the other day while a friend was riding my 7s. The Verve is definitely an awesome bike on its own accord. But I don’t ride it anymore because I have the 7s. Interestingly I have found the 7s Performance Speed motor to be noticeably more efficient than the Verve’s Active Plus motor. After rides with my wife and other Class 1 bike riders, I have significantly more battery left than they do. Although the 7s motor is the noisiest.

That said, I can also burn through my 7s battery in 20-odd miles when solo riding.

I also swapped the comfort seat post from my Verve to my 7s. And I leave the suspended fork in near-max suspension, and under-inflate the tire to ~45lbs because I enjoy the occasional rough terrain ride. And, yes, I love the tires. Super grippy.

I have considered getting the extended range battery, but like you, appreciate the water bottle mounts.

Have you found any dislikes — except maybe the frame style fit for you?

I also love my 7s, the wife loves her Verve, for us E-Bikes have become a game changer. There is a hills we could not get over, which caused us to not ride at all, getting off and walking a bike over and over. Now we kick in ECO and wind our way over the hills. The 7s has wider tires and the entire bike makes me smile. I wish more people could experience riding the Treks. Only thing I don't like is the "Racktime Lightit" rack. I can't find a bag that will fit.
PS; After putting more effort into finding bags I found the website. https://www.racktime.com/

This is the Noise I Make while riding my Allant 7s.

Last edited:
Per rear bike rack, I added an MIK adapter which allows me to quickly transfer my Bontrager trunk between bikes. We did the same with my wife’s Verve+2 which has the same rack as the 7s.
Just an option, but works for me.

I rode my Verve+ 3 the other day while a friend was riding my 7s. The Verve is definitely an awesome bike on its own accord. But I don’t ride it anymore because I have the 7s. Interestingly I have found the 7s Performance Speed motor to be noticeably more efficient than the Verve’s Active Plus motor. After rides with my wife and other Class 1 bike riders, I have significantly more battery left than they do. Although the 7s motor is the noisiest.

That said, I can also burn through my 7s battery in 20-odd miles when solo riding.

I also swapped the comfort seat post from my Verve to my 7s. And I leave the suspended fork in near-max suspension, and under-inflate the tire to ~45lbs because I enjoy the occasional rough terrain ride. And, yes, I love the tires. Super grippy.

I have considered getting the extended range battery, but like you, appreciate the water bottle mounts.

Have you found any dislikes — except maybe the frame style fit for you?
I tested a medium Verve 3 last fall to get my impressions before we found a small version for my wife to test. It was a very good bike but compared to my Allant+7, it just wasn’t going to have the power and versatility I wanted her to have.
The other reasoning was the ability to share batteries, trunk bags, tires, etc. We have major travel with lots of biking planned so that ability to share was an important factor.

I tested a medium Verve 3 last fall to get my impressions before we found a small version for my wife to test. It was a very good bike but compared to my Allant+7, it just wasn’t going to have the power and versatility I wanted her to have.
The other reasoning was the ability to share batteries, trunk bags, tires, etc. We have major travel with lots of biking planned so that ability to share was an important factor.
This makes sense. Looks like the same reasons we both got 8s. Sharing batteries, chargers and such matters. Importantly, the high torque motor matters for us because we're both seniors and live in a very hilly area. If we start from our house, we're going to have a steep hill either on the start or the return, no matter which way we go. Of course, the nearest Trek LBS is over an hour away, and they only had 8s in stock, so that helped the decision too!

This makes sense. Looks like the same reasons we both got 8s. Sharing batteries, chargers and such matters. Importantly, the high torque motor matters for us because we're both seniors and live in a very hilly area. If we start from our house, we're going to have a steep hill either on the start or the return, no matter which way we go. Of course, the nearest Trek LBS is over an hour away, and they only had 8s in stock, so that helped the decision too!
Familiar story for the 8 owners, the Trek store inventory is diminished. They weren't even looking at the 8. But then that Rage Red, Larger battery, Higher-end components, and an awesome road ride, Sold Them. The inventory is low due to Covid and the stuck cargo ship in the Suez Canal. It's even causing chip shortages worldwide. global chip shortage is starting to have major real-world consequences
Then you have the 7 owners who fell in love with the Allant 7 at first sight. Price, Features, and That Nautical blue hooks us as perfect match for us.
And then there are the Teal or Black Verve+ owners who smile down the road because they have everything the other bikes have at a lower price. Plus, the ride is so comfortable, they don't need to buy any extras. What a Wonderfully Blessed & Interesting time we live in; Just Ride & Enjoy.

Last edited:
And then there are the Rails. A buddy shared his Trek Rail with me (he on his wife’s Rail) for a monster ride through desert gullies. We climbed boulders I never would have attempted on my acoustic mountain bike. Totally awesome ride. I wish my body was still young enough to allow me to ride like that frequently enough to justify owning one.

I could not find a link to it, but you can also get a glossy paper version of Trek’s ebike newsletter at your local Trek store. Maybe you have seen it. A fun dream catalog of Trek’s ebikes to read — most any of the happy commentary prose could have been written by any Trek ebike rider. Yes, Ride & Enjoy!

"Yes, ride and enjoy!" That’s for sure. Whatever bike fits size, budget, preference, it’s all good as long as it gets us out and riding. My store had a medium 7 and a large 8s. The large felt better but the Allant 7 looked like a great bike too. I live in a hilly area that I’m sure happy to be able to power up them with the help of the motor. I do find the extra speed provided by the "s" beneficial as I find myself getting over 20mph and am glad the motor doesn’t kick off there. First week with the bike and enjoying it all. Hot and muggy today but I’m going to have to get a ride in just because it’s too fun.

And then there are the Rails. A buddy shared his Trek Rail with me (he on his wife’s Rail) for a monster ride through desert gullies. We climbed boulders I never would have attempted on my acoustic mountain bike. Totally awesome ride. I wish my body was still young enough to allow me to ride like that frequently enough to justify owning one.

I could not find a link to it, but you can also get a glossy paper version of Trek’s ebike newsletter at your local Trek store. Maybe you have seen it. A fun dream catalog of Trek’s ebikes to read — most any of the happy commentary prose could have been written by any Trek ebike rider. Yes, Ride & Enjoy!
Yup, my N+1 turned out to be a Rail 5 I completely lucked into last weekend. I’m liking it a bunch considering what little I’ve ridden it. My son-in-law mtb’er totally approved just the other day after a short test ride!
03F195C9-67D8-445E-85E0-A30D1018921B.jpeg

Back