Looking for a unicorn, need help!?!

Drmunyan

I have a hardtail eMTN bike but need full suspension.... not really shredding it anymore due to a back issue. Most of my biking now is off road, over roots and rocks, but not really mountain biking. I'm looking for a mid drive full suspension ebike that I can change out the handlebar and get a more upright/less aggressive ride. PLUS, I want a throttle to navigate the sugar sand areas we have here in FL/GA. The only price conscious ebike I've found is the Frey and FSX (straight from China). Trying to stay around $4K. Thanks in advance for any creative minds out there. Dave

I want a throttle
I quit.
I could ride for half of a day in deep sand today, and my proper e-MTB has no throttle, because a proper e-MTB never has any throttle. It has a 12-speed cassette not without a reason...

1602373468238.png

I have a hardtail eMTN bike but need full suspension.... not really shredding it anymore due to a back issue. Most of my biking now is off road, over roots and rocks, but not really mountain biking. I'm looking for a mid drive full suspension ebike that I can change out the handlebar and get a more upright/less aggressive ride. PLUS, I want a throttle to navigate the sugar sand areas we have here in FL/GA. The only price conscious ebike I've found is the Frey and FSX (straight from China). Trying to stay around $4K. Thanks in advance for any creative minds out there. Dave
Go look at the Bolton forum. A good bike may have come available. Frey AM 1000

stefan just likes arguing and insisting that only he knows anything

PLEASE do quit, this person has stated what they are interested in, you do not help chiming in with this nonsense again and again and again

you are not helping them find a bike they want

i agree with reed- bolton, frey
not sure where biktrix is on prices but they have great customer service
think wattwagons has one coming out but not sure when or the price points

not sure what luna has right now and their customer service seems to leave a lot to be desired

Here's some more info. My first ebike had a cadence sensor.... not good. My current ebike is a hardtail Shred (actually it'd my wife's) and love the setup, especially the torque sensor and throttle. I just need full suspension and like the balance of a mid drive. Maybe S604 will design a mid drive Shred with FS some day but for now.......

Some good advice has already been given. In Op's case I think the best route is a bike with Bafang Ultra like Frey(Frey has a throttle too right ?).
If you can go higher I think Vincent has a very nice Titanium FS bike with Ultra motor which may be the perfect bike for you.

I have a hardtail eMTN bike but need full suspension.... not really shredding it anymore due to a back issue. Most of my biking now is off road, over roots and rocks, but not really mountain biking. I'm looking for a mid drive full suspension ebike that I can change out the handlebar and get a more upright/less aggressive ride. PLUS, I want a throttle to navigate the sugar sand areas we have here in FL/GA. The only price conscious ebike I've found is the Frey and FSX (straight from China). Trying to stay around $4K. Thanks in advance for any creative minds

Good luck Dr, I have been on a similar quest. The problem is lead time. You will wait 3-6 months for the bike you are describing.

Good luck Dr, I have been on a similar quest. The problem is lead time. You will wait 3-6 months for the bike you are describing.

Not if he takes Bolton's last Frey AM 1000. Bikes were sitting on the dock two weeks ago waiting for the boat.

I prefer this style external battery to the internal which creates an outsized down tube. Don't feel the same way about the short fat wide external batteries.

That's a HUGE price difference. 😲

Yeah that's a pre-order price. No word exactly when it will change to its full retail price which has been stated by the owner of Sondors to be roughly $4k.

As of right now the pre-order price is still available

Back