Longest paved bike path in the USA

That's amazing. You are going to have so much fun and such a beautiful ride going past all those lakes. I suggest carrying an extra battery just in case you want to go further on what I'm sure will be an amazing ride. Send some cool pictures of what the trail is like and what you see. It may become an ebike destination point. Could be the Sturgis of the ebike world, lol. Wouldn't that be a fun idea to have a National ebike rally once a year somewhere...instead of beer and bikini contests, it could be wheat grass bars and fat man ebike contests, lol. I think I just discovered a million dollar idea. Anyone want to join? However, it's a long ride on an ebike to Brainerd from Maryland and California, might have to drive my bike there and then ride. We can call it the EBRR...Electric Bike Review Rally. I consider that copyrighted, lol.

Last edited:
Sorry Mike, plenty of grass, bars and fat men in Sturgis, I've been there!

Darnit, I thought I had something going here. Maybe we could join the Sturgis rally as an auxiliary group. Something like "Sons of Electricity" on our lycra vests, lol. We could hold seminars on the ecological values of ebikes, and the value of a 500w vs 350W bike. I'm sure it would go over big, lol. I'm still staking claim to the EBRR copyright however.

Definitely will post some pics this summer!

That is unbelievable. Just for bikers and hikers. Every state needs to invest in something like this. MD has a 20 mile paved trail around BWI airport which is nice and the NCR and C & O trails but nothing paved for this distance. Very nice. Enjoy.

So jealous! Although there is the American Tobacco Trail in my area, but part of it is not paved and that part is not fun to ride on unless you have mountain bike-like tires. The ATT is not all that interesting though, it's just thick trees on both side of the path for miles.

So jealous! Although there is the American Tobacco Trail in my area, but part of it is not paved and that part is not fun to ride on unless you have mountain bike-like tires. The ATT is not all that interesting though, it's just thick trees on both side of the path for miles.

But the cool thing is you can stop along the trail anywhere you want and have a smoke, lol. If anyone bothers you just say read the signs, look who sponsors this, lol.

But the cool thing is you can stop along the trail anywhere you want and have a smoke, lol. If anyone bothers you just say read the signs, look who sponsors this, lol.

Ummm....not so much! (Hey, what are YOU smokin' anyway???)

Being a lifelong motorcycle enthusiast and retired club member I regularly find myself at motorcycle rallies and events. I find a great deal of interest in e-bikes by the cycling crowd and usually spend the day doing demonstrations, answering questions, and test rides. Ebikes seem to spark an interest in the two wheeled crowd however powered human, gas motor, or electric. Here is some pix of me at the Slimey Crud Motorcycle Gang spring run. A fun run through the Wisconsin backroads with a sad note this year as the proprietor of the destination spot Edwin (Junior) Sprecher had recently passed away.
IMG_80441.jpg
IMG_80441.jpg
IMG_80441.jpg
IMG_21251.jpg

I forgot to mention there is another 110 miles of unpaved trails already connected , it is possible but rare to see bear and wolves on the trail - might want to bring along some bear spray.

Back