Load 60/75 Storage Customizations

stvnspchr

Region
USA
City
Seattle
Hey friends.

I wanted to post a recent project I did on my R&M Load 75. Hopefully to inspire others. But also please post any storage/cargo modifications you’ve made to your Load 60/75!

I picked up some lengths of bungie and netting from Organized Obie. And fashioned this little stretch netting compartment where the forward facing seats would be. My little one has been preferring the front seat (rear facing) so I’ve been using this space for toys, warm clothing, etc. And it nicely fits behind the two seats when they’re installed so I don’t have to remove it. I did make it so, in theory, I can remove it, as there’s no loops around the frame anywhere.

What have you done to your Load 60/75 to make it hold even more (organized) cargo?

Attachments

• 44F70F34-BB28-4949-B625-3B42E1A4276F.jpeg
    44F70F34-BB28-4949-B625-3B42E1A4276F.jpeg
    511.3 KB · Views: 567
  • 83644C1C-D6C1-4F66-AB71-58CFACB8CD87.jpeg
    83644C1C-D6C1-4F66-AB71-58CFACB8CD87.jpeg
    644 KB · Views: 524
  • 169E66B2-1A90-410A-8267-3543FD98616A.jpeg
    169E66B2-1A90-410A-8267-3543FD98616A.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 526
  • FDE7E536-F839-4ADF-9970-03E581ACE62A.jpeg
    FDE7E536-F839-4ADF-9970-03E581ACE62A.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 542
My bikes are very different. This one is a lugged frame three-speed with a torque sensor mid-drive. I attached a plumbers tool bag to the rack. It has pockets inside and out. It also collapses flat for loading larger objects on top of it. Nice R&M.

Attachments

• cremeVenture40halflink.JPG
    cremeVenture40halflink.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 226
Its hard to post this and not be a show-off so I'll just be unapologetic about it and do it :D

The left bike has my Big Bags in the first iteration: 77L each. Folded up like that they make a kangaroo pouch that is good for a lot without even unfolding the (canvas duffel) bags. On the right, same idea but 138L each and a kangaroo pouch so big the two of them together are almost as capable as a cargo bike box for a frontloader, like the Bullitt at center. All made from simple stuff from Amazon and tough as nails.

pxl_20210829_212006996.jpg

Its hard to post this and not be a show-off so I'll just be unapologetic about it and do it :D

The left bike has my Big Bags in the first iteration: 77L each. Folded up like that they make a kangaroo pouch that is good for a lot without even unfolding the (canvas duffel) bags. On the right, same idea but 138L each and a kangaroo pouch so big the two of them together are almost as capable as a cargo bike box for a frontloader, like the Bullitt at center. All made from simple stuff from Amazon and tough as nails.
That dropped footwell on the Bullitt is really nice.

That dropped footwell on the Bullitt is really nice.
That is actually a battery box :). Story and pics here:

However I have seen non-electrified Bullitts where someone put in a basement and then built a custom floor with hinged doors for access down low.

That's cool. I have a few ideas in the works. So far, panniers and a huge under the seat bag. I've put a backpack in one front-facing seat carrying a lock and chain. In the other seat, his backpack. Kid rides in the front most seat, facing me. Sometimes switches.

Hi all, first post here. I have a Load 75 on order for carrying my service dog when I ride, hopefully to arrive in November, and my first pre-arrival mod was to order a custom cushion for him from cushionsource.com - you can provide a template for custom cushion shapes and I thought about doing the rails and/or front and rear too but for now I decided I didn’t want to infringe on the box space so I actually just used the trapezoidal bay window cushion shape, dimensioned to sit inside the rails on the bottom, with two ties at the back, and upholstered in a charcoal canvas to sort of match the bike.

Next will be some bags and a water bottle solution. What are people using for bottle mounts? I’m thinking about the Ortlieb E-Glow and maybe a matching set of trunk bag & panniers but my experience with handlebar bags staying in position is mixed and adding a couple of water bottles of weight seems likely to be pushing it…

Hey friends.

I wanted to post a recent project I did on my R&M Load 75. Hopefully to inspire others. But also please post any storage/cargo modifications you’ve made to your Load 60/75!

I picked up some lengths of bungie and netting from Organized Obie. And fashioned this little stretch netting compartment where the forward facing seats would be. My little one has been preferring the front seat (rear facing) so I’ve been using this space for toys, warm clothing, etc. And it nicely fits behind the two seats when they’re installed so I don’t have to remove it. I did make it so, in theory, I can remove it, as there’s no loops around the frame anywhere.

What have you done to your Load 60/75 to make it hold even more (organized) cargo?
Extremely professional job. R&M couldn’t have done better themselves. My experience trying to work with netting has been disastrous - just makes my brain hurt. Truly impressed. You could sell those 😄.

My Load 60 personalisations so far only amount to a few eye bolts to secure the pooch harness and a mirror fixed to the tubing behind the cargo box rear board.

However I have done one job which I am mega chuffed with: changing the front and rear Gates sprockets has transformed the Vario factory set up into a much lower geared - go anywhere - full suspension - dog carrying - dream machine. I have lots of hills round me - the factory gearing had been a let down tbh. A bit like the just “announced” (more like whispered) MY22.

Back