Let's see your best pic of your electric bicycle

[QUOTE="Mr. Coffee, post: 115669, member:Astoria, OR[/QUOTE]

I know exactly where that is. Had a storage unit down over the bank 5 years ago. Fun hill climbing there, did you go up to the column? The river walk is a nice feature also.

Great input and real world observations, especially helpful to me and other Tekoa owners. I have less than 100 miles on my new Tekoa, but that is enough to know and understand what you write about the motor. My main ride for eight years was the Yamaha Super Easy. It employs the Yamaha 250 watt nominal mid drive, and it feels very much like the Tekoa's drive system in where it wants to be ridden efficiently and effectively. I don't know what that older Yamaha would generate at peak in terms of watts, as I never saw a published figure and I never had it metered on my bike. But it feels like the TranzX generates more peak watts in similar riding situations than that Yamaha motor on the Super Easy did. I hope the Tekoa can be the bulletproof ride for as long as the Yamaha served me!

Great input and real world observations, especially helpful to me and other Tekoa owners. I have less than 100 miles on my new Tekoa, but that is enough to know and understand what you write about the motor. My main ride for eight years was the Yamaha Super Easy. It employs the Yamaha 250 watt nominal mid drive, and it feels very much like the Tekoa's drive system in where it wants to be ridden efficiently and effectively. I don't know what that older Yamaha would generate at peak in terms of watts, as I never saw a published figure and I never had it metered on my bike. But it feels like the TranzX generates more peak watts in similar riding situations than that Yamaha motor on the Super Easy did. I hope the Tekoa can be the bulletproof ride for as long as the Yamaha served me!
If the your Yamaha is rated 250 watts then the Tekoa is more powerful since it is rated at 350 watts.
upload_2017-9-12_19-48-26.png

This is how I mounted my modified cadence meter.

If the your Yamaha is rated 250 watts then the Tekoa is more powerful since it is rated at 350 watts.
View attachment 18236
This is how I mounted my modified cadence meter.

Seems like a great location...in your line of sight, being so close to the primary Tekoa display.

Even though the Tekoa's 350 watts trumps the very old version Yamaha's 250 watts, they climb very near the same on very steep hills and in first gear. On the steepest hill I encounter on a daily basis, I can climb that hill at 5.9 mph in a seated position on both bikes in top assist level. Standing on the pedals, the Tekoa yields a .8 mph higher speed than I can attain standing on the pedals of the Yamaha powered bike. Different bikes and different first gear ratios, but still not an apples to oranges comparison. But on less demanding inclines the Tekoa is much faster when pedaling at the same cadence and in the appropriate gear for each bike. Both motors exhibit the same behavior as far as tailing off at higher pedal cadence. I have only ridden a Bosch mid drive once, but that motor is definitely very different at high cadence than the TranzX and the older version Yamaha mid drives. I have not ridden one of the present day Yamaha mid drives, but from Court's reviews and other posts I read on this and other forums, I feel the newer Yamaha mid drives render power curves very similar to the older generation Yamaha motors.

View attachment 18240 View attachment 18241

I know exactly where that is. Had a storage unit down over the bank 5 years ago. Fun hill climbing there, did you go up to the column? The river walk is a nice feature also.

No, I just rode on the beach and got ice cream...[/QUOTE]

Gearhart, used to live really close to that intersection for a summer a long time ago. I only had a regular old bike but used to ride it up to Hammond on the beach when you could go through the Camp Rilea section. Taken a lot of clams out of the beach there also!

I still go on rides sometimes without the battery just to keep my analog chops up. It actually goes pretty well. The Grin All Axle motor has little to no parasitic drag usually associated with direct drive hub motors.

IMG_4486.JPG

I am trying the road + on the rear (650b rim w/47c tire tubeless) and the biggest advantage I have found is that with the same size wheel and tire that is on the front (700c x 45c tubeless) the fit is tight at the chainstays but although the + tire is wider it is enough smaller in diameter so that it fits with way more clearance which is good coming in to fender season as it is. Which according to the local forecast I had better get out of storage and installed this weekend. We have had no rain to speak of this summer but will pay for it La Niña this winter like we did the last.

I just came back from a Bike Sunday where a certain portion of the highway is closed for bicycle use and other family activity use. I did 55.2 miles of all highway ride over 2 hours and 20 minutes with average speed of 23.7 mph.
upload_2017-9-17_13-21-10.png

Back