Let's see your best pic of your electric bicycle

British Columbia, Canada.
New to E-bikes.
Glad to be biking again:D
20170801_191740.jpg
20170729_145412.jpg

Wow, that's great range you get! The Northern end of the trail is beautiful. Have a great ride. What are you riding that runs so far?

Wow, that's great range you get! The Northern end of the trail is beautiful. Have a great ride. What are you riding that runs so far?
I'll be using my BBSHD with 52V 13 Ah battery and carry a spare battery. I usually average 20-24 mph, so the 50 mile trip will take me just about more than 2 hours.

Last edited:
+1 on the spare battery. I believe I'm going to invest in 1 for both my bikes over the winter. The charge anxiety is making me a little crazy.

This Sun EZ-1 is going to get a Dillenger mid drive kit soon, I can't wait! I scoured the web for two wheelrecumbent ebikes and found none, so I'm going to make my own.

(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)

2015 Raleigh Tekoa IE, changed the standard 42 teeth steel chain ring to a red 46 teeth narrow-wide aluminum chain ring. Went to a Bike Sunday today where the Bronx River Parkway (Westchester, NY) was closed to car traffic for 4 hours. Total distance ridden was 52 miles and the ride time was 2 hours and 20 minutes. Average speed of 22.29 mph for the whole 52 mile ride.
chain ring.jpg

Last edited:
2015 Raleigh Tekoa IE, changed the standard 42 teeth steel chain ring to a red 46 teeth narrow-wide aluminum chain ring. Went to a Bike Sunday today where the Bronx River Parkway (Westchester, NY) was closed to car traffic for 4 hours. Total distance ridden was 52 miles and the ride time was 2 hours and 20 minutes. Average speed of 22.29 mph for the whole 52 mile ride.
View attachment 18219
Red. The fastest color. (scientifically proven to be!)

Red. The fastest color. (scientifically proven to be!)

LOL! I want to believe what you say about red is true since I really love my recently purchased old new stock red Tekoa. It looks like a twin sister to yours except for the neat chain ring mod. That is an extremely impressive average speed for that distance. So do tell how that mod factors into both that timed fast ride and in your other rides. There are positive/negative aspects to such changes, but do the positives outweigh the negatives, at least in your riding needs? I feel certain they do, since you contemplated and then put in the effort to make the switch. Would love to hear a bit about the difference you can feel and/or measure.

LOL! I want to believe what you say about red is true since I really love my recently purchased old new stock red Tekoa. It looks like a twin sister to yours except for the neat chain ring mod. That is an extremely impressive average speed for that distance. So do tell how that mod factors into both that timed fast ride and in your other rides. There are positive/negative aspects to such changes, but do the positives outweigh the negatives, at least in your riding needs? I feel certain they do, since you contemplated and then put in the effort to make the switch. Would love to hear a bit about the difference you can feel and/or measure.
The Tekoa's TranzX motor is similar to Yamaha, it thrives at the lower cadence range of 60-80 rpm and losses steam beyond that. I quickly leaned that if I stay within the cadence window, I maximize the performance and range. At 28 mph, the cadence is 90 rpm, so I had to increase to PAS to 4 (max assist level) in order to achieve that. With the new chain ring, I can stay at PAS 3 and still reach 28 mph (@80 rpm cadence). The new chain ring is about 10% increase in gearing at the top end, or equivalent to having an 11th speed. However, you also lose the equivalent 1st speed gear ratio, since it's is now transformed into a 2nd speed. I never missed the lowest gear ratio since the new change is still adequate for climbing hills.

In order to maximize the motor's potential, you need to install a cadence meter. A wireless version does not work due to the motor's strong magnetic interference. I used a wired (and cheaper) version sigma cyclometer (speedometer only) and converted it into a cadence meter.
sigma-sigma-bc-812-wired-cycling-computer.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGMA-BC-8-12-BLACK-WIRED-Bike-Computer-Speed-Distance-8Function-upgraded-BC5-12/371892687654?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=20150313114020&meid=82b700ddaccd442389d030dc0f174dae&pid=100338&rk=1&rkt=30&mehot=ag&sd=332178899567&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726
The upper display is converted to cadence instead of speed, and I use "ride time" option for the lower display so I can monitor my trip duration.
You can search the internet in how to convert a speedometer into a cadence meter.

Last edited:
The Tekoa's TranzX motor is like the Yamaha, it thrives at the lower cadence range of 60-80 rpm and losses steam beyond that. I quickly leaned that if I stay within the range, I maximize the performance and range. At 28 mph, the cadence is 90 rpm, I had to increase to PAS to 4 (max assist level) in order to achieve that. With the new chain ring, I can stay at PAS 3 and still reach 28 mph. The new chain ring is about 10% increase in gearing at the top end, or equivalent to having an 11th speed. However, you also lose the equivalent 1st speed gear ratio, since it's is now transformed into a 2nd speed. I never missed the lowest gear ratio since the new change is still adequate for climbing hills.
The Tekoa's TranzX motor is like the Yamaha, it thrives at the lower cadence range of 60-80 rpm and losses steam beyond that. I quickly leaned that if I stay within the range, I maximize the performance and range. At 28 mph, the cadence is 90 rpm, I had to increase to PAS to 4 (max assist level) in order to achieve that. With the new chain ring, I can stay at PAS 3 and still reach 28 mph. The new chain ring is about 10% increase in gearing at the top end, or equivalent to having an 11th speed. However, you also lose the equivalent 1st speed gear ratio, since it's is now transformed into a 2nd speed. I never missed the lowest gear ratio since the new change is still adequate for climbing hills.

Back