blueflame1.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 560
  • blueflame2.jpg
    blueflame2.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 732
  • commuter.jpg
    commuter.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 550
Thanks. My wife had a Greenspeed with a 500w Das-kit, rack mount battery before. When I planned her new Catrike Dumont my goal was high torque and low center of gravity. I mounted the Bafang 750w motor on the bottom of the boom and the 14ah battery way down on the frame just behind the seat. She says it's perfect, handles like a Lamborghini with Cadillac smooth ride. I have built quite a few trikes this way for customers and it's a real hit.

Today's adventure led me up above the Columbia River plain and to an excellent view through the clear cut of Mt. Hood.
IMG_0030.JPG

A really cool old school network of trails that are the closest to my current residence are behind where I am taking the picture and luckily most survived the latest logging operation.
IMG_5326.JPG

I apologize for the crooked display and light. I just made a template and secured the material today, UHMW, to make a proper mount for it. I have to say that the rubber band method only came undone once!

Cube Touring Hybrid EXC 500 -

I picked up this bike on eBay, new with a few paint scratches on the chain rail, no miles on the odometer, new in the box. I have put 123 miles on it in the past 11 days. I live near the top of a steep 600 foot hill The 11 speed Shimano XT with the Bosch Cx is perfect.

When they said you will ride more often and further than expected, they were spot on the mark. My car is feeling lonely and neglected and I am getting healthier!
20180220_160122.jpg

Last edited:
2018 Specialized Vado 6 (Large size in upper photo, Mrs levity's Medium in the lower)

no longer stock, some mod's:
removed fenders and rear rack because we're mostly fair weather riders
built 27.5 wheels with DT Swiss hubs and rims
Schwalbe G-One 2.0 tires
100mm travel Manitou Markhor fork
44t chainring for lower gearing
shorter cranks (170mm on Large, 165mm on Medium) due to lower BB
Answer 20/20 swept carbon handlebars
dropper seatpost for fun in the corners

about 7 lbs lighter than OEM (4 lb. from wheels & tires alone!)
much more nimble handling with the smaller/lighter wheels & tires
:)

Nothing shot out in the wild just yet... Looking forward to getting a shot with my local scenery behind...
I'm only about 60 miles in on this since picking it up 18 days ago; eager for spring -- but we're forecast for 5-10" snow tonight -- happy vernal equinox, indeed. :mad:

Vintage Electric Bikes - Cafe.
Supernova headlight. Spurcycle bell. Brooks B67 saddle & GP1 grips.
Velo Orange Campeur rack. Abus Bordo Centium lock. Mirrycle mirror.

Budny_IMG_9288_Sm1.jpg

Nice. Looks like mine, save for some details.

I see you have a water bottle holder on the other side. Which one did you get?

I just have a generic water bottle holder. I saw a post from this forum on mounting them on the rack. I was going to mount one on each side but I transport my bike lying in the back of a pickup bed so the water bottle holder would have been in the way.

water bottle.JPG

Back