Leons ET Cycle T720

Walnut

Region
Canada
Recently purchased from Amego Cycle in Toronto Ontario the ET-Cycle T720. I'm trying to make adjustments on the Das-Kit C-7 Display but have been unable to change the pedal assist level, throttle indicator and the power output. The power output level is set to full power and cannot make any changes to normal or eco.
The bike is for my wife and even at level 1 of PAS the start is to fast, almost immediately goes to 12 km and I would like it to be more gradual. I have contacted Leon Cycle and the reply I received from them the display is hardwired and cannot be changed.
My question is has anyone been able to make changes using this display? I did see a You-Tube video where someone changed the display to a Das-Kit C7BBT which he had to order from Australia but haven't seen the results yet. I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for this ? Is it possible to buy an unlocked Das-Kit C-7 Display ?
She does like the bike but this makes her nervous riding it. I know you can start with no PAS but then when you turn to level 1 PAS it just takes off.

Recently purchased from Amego Cycle in Toronto Ontario the ET-Cycle T720. I'm trying to make adjustments on the Das-Kit C-7 Display but have been unable to change the pedal assist level, throttle indicator and the power output. The power output level is set to full power and cannot make any changes to normal or eco.
The bike is for my wife and even at level 1 of PAS the start is to fast, almost immediately goes to 12 km and I would like it to be more gradual. I have contacted Leon Cycle and the reply I received from them the display is hardwired and cannot be changed.
My question is has anyone been able to make changes using this display? I did see a You-Tube video where someone changed the display to a Das-Kit C7BBT which he had to order from Australia but haven't seen the results yet. I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for this ? Is it possible to buy an unlocked Das-Kit C-7 Display ?
She does like the bike but this makes her nervous riding it. I know you can start with no PAS but then when you turn to level 1 PAS it just takes off.
Hi I have a same problem... Were you able to find something about that.

Thank you

I don't have an ET-Cycle but rather an Amego Infinite Plus...uses the DAS-kit setup as well. Mine has the smaller L7 display. I can get into the settings menu and change a number of things, some of which should mitigate, but not eliminate, this problem. You might go over to Amego and ask if you can borrow an L7 Display to see if it would work and help. Be aware that the L7 Display has only 1 attachment for the brake cutoff so you can only have that active on one of your 2 brakes. (I think this could be addressed with a splitter).https://www.amegoev.com/das-kit-lcd-display-l7bt-infinite-elevate.html

I have the ET Cycle T1000 and have the same problem. There is a kit out there called "off road Das-kit" out of Australia. I emailed the company today to fine more out about it and to see if it would work on our bikes. There is also a Gentleman on this forum that has it installed on their NCM bike and I sent him a message to find out more about it.

Bruce

So I got a reply from the company that is making the Off Road Das-Kit and this was their reply

Hi Bruce
We don't have ET Cycle T1000 in Australia yet. So I am not sure
Thanks
Queenie

Have not heard back from the gentleman on this site who has installed one on his NCM.

Bruce

I am almost positive that the Australian display will work with our T1000's but the lag after you stop pedaling and start pedaling, will still be there in any PAS mode.

Amego sells a replacement C7 Display for $140 plus tax and shipping that will allow you to turn the power level to ECO mode which should help with reducing the Kick when the motor cuts back in.

Screenshot_20221128-123200_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-154222_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-154232_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I also added a twist throttle so that I can give it power more gently.

Almost all the twist and half twist throttles have a male julet plug, and our Das-Kit needs a female plug.

This full twist throttle has the female julet plug that we need, but it is full twist and the wire is a lot longer than we need.

Screenshot_20221128-141400_Amazon Shopping.jpg

This half twist throttle has a shorter cord, but it would need a double ended female coupler to plug it in.

Screenshot_20221128-142439_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20221128-145418_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
I did see a You-Tube video where someone changed the display to a Das-Kit C7BBT which he had to order from Australia but haven't seen the results yet.

I saw that video too and he hasn't updated.
I'm pretty sure it's working fine, but it's illegal so he probably doesn't want to post anything about it.

I am almost positive that the Australian display will work with our T1000's but the lag after you stop pedaling and start pedaling, will still be there in any PAS mode.

EDIT: I found this post about the Australian C7 display in the throttle thread..

Screenshot_20221129-101209_DuckDuckGo.jpg

It looks like the Australian display does eliminate the lag when you start pedaling.

I'm not sure if the C7 display from Amego has the lag or not?

So I got a reply from the company that is making the Off Road Das-Kit and this was their reply

Hi Bruce
We don't have ET Cycle T1000 in Australia yet. So I am not sure
Thanks
Queenie

Have not heard back from the gentleman on this site who has installed one on his NCM.

Bruce

I found a place in New Zealand that sells the off-road C7 display, and they list it as compatible with the T1000.

It is quite expensive and only comes with the display and not the throttle. (but we already have that.)

Screenshot_20221201-062257_DuckDuckGo.jpgScreenshot_20221201-062150_DuckDuckGo.jpg

And a YouTube video showing the operation of the display.

So, it looks like the C7 Off-Road display would alow us to both turn down the power, and eliminate the lag before and after we stop pedaling.
And, we can set it to 32 km/hr to be legal in Canada 🍁.

The off road displays appear to be sold out everywhere except this store in New Zealand.

I also found a "group spree" purchase for $89, but I don't know if this is in Canadian funds, or if you have to pay up front and wait for 678 more orders, then maybe 6 months to a year to get them from China?
(Or if it's a scam??)

Screenshot_20221201-072508_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
I have the ET Cycle T1000 and have the same problem. There is a kit out there called "off road Das-kit" out of Australia. I emailed the company today to fine more out about it and to see if it would work on our bikes. There is also a Gentleman on this forum that has it installed on their NCM bike and I sent him a message to find out more about it.

Bruce
Just curious about your thoughts about the T1000?

I did see a You-Tube video where someone changed the display to a Das-Kit C7BBT which he had to order from Australia but haven't seen the results yet. I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for this ? Is it possible to buy an unlocked Das-Kit C-7 Display ?

I watched that video again, and read the comments and found this,..

Screenshot_20221204-105831_YouTube.jpg

He was having problems with the display and sent it back.
I don't think that he updated anything about it since.

That sucks for me, because I bought one. Lol

I got one from New Zealand before there are none left anywhere on the planet. Lol

I did find this though on the Australian website,..

Screenshot_20221204-111054_DuckDuckGo.jpg

To go 45 kph, you need to be "actively pedaling".

I think that the guy in the video thought he could go 45 kph without pedaling?

I have no interest in going 45 kph.
I want to turn down the power and turn down my throttle speed.

And the off-road display apparently also eliminates the lag when you start and stop pedaling.

So I think that this display will work perfectly for my needs.

The display from Amego is $140 plus $25 shipping and with tax, comes to $186.

I got the display from New Zealand for $225.17 CAD which allows me to turn down a lot more settings.
It will still get me to 32 kph, but not in half a second like original display.

Screenshot_20221202-104048_Gallery.jpg

Just curious about your thoughts about the T1000?

I personally love this ebike!
It's a tank.
It's heavy but I really don't think that I'm going to break it.

Cloud Ebikes sold one to a 330 pound rider and it's been fine for him.

I rode it up a 45% inclined hill and it made it up no problem. I was peddling, but I was in the wrong gear and couldn't help much.

It actually has a G26 750w motor with 1000W peak that is limited to 500w by the controller to make it legal, so I don't think that I will have any overheating problems with burned out motors and melted connectors.

I believe that Das-Kit engineered it to be safe and reliable.

They use quality battery cells and a UL listed charger.

I don't want a battery fire and I really don't think this bike will ever become unsafe.

It's got a solid quality feel to it with quality components.

The twitchy throttle is an issue and the street type tires may be an issue but I like them for their low rolling resistance and super long range.

There is issues with fitting a nobby tire on the rear where they can hit the frame and 26x3.80 or 26x3.50 are hard to find and nothing is available at the moment.

I'm going to stick with a street/gravel tire and I'm pretty sure that I will buy these for my next tire.
They are 26x3.50

Screenshot_20221204-120502_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I am appreciate your thorough comments - they are indeed useful in my decision making process.

if this ebike is like, “Your Dad’s Buick” I am a happy camper. Even though I am 61, I have the strength and cognitive abilities to drive this ebike😎

Amego.ca have the T1000 on sale for $1799.00 CAD with 4” fat tires🙂

The ability to climb is a strong consideration. I can even get their biggest battery and still be under $2100.00 Canadian.

Michael

Another "problem" with the T1000 is that it's a fatbike, so if you want to upgrade your front shocks, there are very few options available, but our frame has the oversized steering stem to accommodate air shocks.

20221204_123733.jpg

On a positive note, Bolton Ebikes from Area 13 did a review of the 5 best fat bike shocks for under $500 and he picked the RST shocks as number 1, even though they are $200.
The T1000 comes with RST GLIDE front shocks with adjustable hydraulic lockout on the right fork and air preload on the left.

You know, this bike is making my decision easier- and at a price point that is favourable😎

I spent $2,499 for a T1000 with a 21AH battery on Oct 18th that finally got delivered on November 2nd.

So I wasted $500 plus tax by not waiting.
I don't care.

I had a month of test drives before winter set in to find out what I want to do with it over the winter.

I bought Tannus inserts that have yet to be installed along with slime 2 in 1, a patch kit and pump as well as all kinds of other stuff to keep me busy until spring.

Apparently our tires ain't too puncture proof, and not just for guys dealing with 2" thorns.
One guy had a twig go through his tire.

So keep that in mind when you are off the road.
Pushing a ~70 pound bike is no fun when you're 20 miles from nowhere.

You can ride the bike on flat tires at 10 kph with the Tannus inserts.

I justified the $211 cost by figuring a tow truck would cost as much, and I won't have to push the bike 10 miles to the road for the ride home.

Rear hub motors are a PITA to change a flat, but at least we have connectors on the cables going into the motor so we can remove the tire.

Flat tires are my biggest concern.
I bought everything I need to repair a flat on the trail, but it still sucks when it's cold and dark and there is no cell service because you're in the middle of nowhere.

I should be able to slowly ride my bike home to fix my flat in the comfort of my house.

All good points.

There are many places in the Yukon where we don’t have cell service so I use Zoleo.

Military background, and don’t go on trails without survival kit, water, bear spray and a friend.

Michael

All good points.

There are many places in the Yukon where we don’t have cell service so I use Zoleo.

Military background, and don’t go on trails without survival kit, water, bear spray and a friend.

Michael

You forgot the beer.
It could be a long cold night. Lol

Thanks for the tip on Amego and contacted them last week. They will still honour free delivery Toronto to Whitehorse Yukon🇨🇦
That's pretty good that they will ship free to Whitehorse. If you are considering any extras/accessories, maybe now is the time to order them so they're included in the free shipment? Although to be honest, I have found Amego's prices for accessories to be a little on the high side.

Back