Lectric XP

This is what I use. Works great. Leaves space on handlebar open for other things.

I was curious if you've found that this sits too low on the Lectric XP. Most of these bags are designed for a higher cross bar on the bike. I have my seat up pretty high (7 on the seat post marking) and it seems like it would be too long a reach to touch the phone screen while riding. Has that been a problem for you?

Hello guys just finished installing the Pasak air suspension fork on my xp... since the Neco non threaded headset that fits this bike is unavailable I wound up converting the new non threaded fork to a threaded fork like the original fork, this way I was able to reuse the original threaded headset and folding stem. I first cut the new fork to match the original fork length and took it to a shop that had a 1 1/8 "-26 tpi (threads per inch) die and they cut the new threads. I found a guy who restores old bikes and only charged me 20 dollars to do the threads apparently this is not a common size as I went thru a few machine shops and bike shops until I found this guy. The installation was pretty straightforward just took it for a short and I really like the way the new fork smooths out the ride so far..
VideoCapture_20200727-211617.jpg

Hello guys just finished installing the Pasak air suspension fork on my xp... since the Neco non threaded headset that fits this bike is unavailable I wound up converting the new non threaded fork to a threaded fork like the original fork, this way I was able to reuse the original threaded headset and folding stem. I first cut the new fork to match the original fork length and took it to a shop that had a 1 1/8 "-26 tpi (threads per inch) die and they cut the new threads. I found a guy who restores old bikes and only charged me 20 dollars to do the threads apparently this is not a common size as I went thru a few machine shops and bike shops until I found this guy. The installation was pretty straightforward just took it for a short and I really like the way the new fork smooths out the ride so far..
View attachment 60402

That's great, and you save money too. I've seen where the new fork raises the front of the bike by about 3". I suppose that's easily offset by lowering the handlebars and tilting the seat.

View attachment 60402

Can you post this guy's shop/Location? Does he want more work?

The shop is here in Miami Fl. but I think you best bet is to find someone local who has that size die shipping the fork back and forth can be expensive but I can provide his info if needed. Yes the new fork will raise your front end a couple of inches I just lowered handlebars not a problem...

I put slime in my tires and I must have pinched the tube underneath the rim somehow while re-inflating it, because a few hours later the tube exploded while I was just a few feet away, and absolutely scared the soul out of me.

View attachment 60402
Could you post a pic of it assembled. It doesn't appear the new fork is taller than the old. How does it raise the front end ?

Back