Lectric XP

I'm installing this one now. Search ebay and aliexpress for threadless headset 44/50/44. I'll keep you posted.

Did that headset work OK? Did you have to swap the cups? Or did the original cups work with the new headset parts?

It would be easy to put a plastic bag over the display but the controller is in the frame. I suppose an electrical short in the display, or button assembly could have fried the controller, or water may have got to the controller itself.
The main part where the bike folds has a rubber seal but where the wires come through the frame I think should be filled with some silicone to stop water from getting into the controller pocket.

When you fold your bike, the battery is on one side, the controller on the other. Some type of gasket in the hinge area would help.

One day I noticed after riding through a couple puddles an alarm fob I have attached to the key was wet, so something to protect water getting in that way would help too.
I had lots of problems with splashes of water & mud hitting my key until I added fender mud flaps. If you use the search function on the upper right you can find out the info on what I used.

She arrived! 2 weeks early! Thanks to everyone who backed out to order a step-thru! Upgraded to the coil fork, and then went back to rigid, for now. The new fork is about 4" taller than the stock one. Nothing wrong with that, if you're okay with the look, I am. I like the BMX look as opposed the MTB so I might stay with the rigid fork.

View attachment 58196

View attachment 58197

And here's the super easy and cheap work stand I used.

View attachment 58198

DAAAAMN BMX mode is so flippin sick!! Do you have to lean way more forward to ride it in that fashion compared to stock?

I had lots of problems with splashes of water & mud hitting my key until I added fender mud flaps. If you use the search function on the upper right you can find out the info on what I used.

I think remember seeing those when you originally posted and should have bookmarked then. I look for your post but couldn't find it. When you have time could you link again? Thanks.

I like the look , gives it that retro steam punk kinda look . Maybe thats an exageration but I like it.

DAAAAMN BMX mode is so flippin sick!! Do you have to lean way more forward to ride it in that fashion compared to stock?

Thanks! Nope! With the seat low my knees come up between my elbows, just like when we were kids. Even with the seat higher the reach to the bars is still good. Plus those bars make it simple to adjust the reach, just rake them forward or back. Here's another shot.

20200710_081326.jpg

Thanks! Nope! With the seat low my knees come up between my elbows, just like when we were kids. Even with the seat higher the reach to the bars is still good. Plus those bars make it simple to adjust the reach, just rake them forward or back. Here's another shot.

View attachment 58506
You nailed it with the BMX look! Can you provide the model and brand or purchase link?

Hello Hovtech,
I'm in "Investigate Before I Buy Mode" presently. I watched YouTube videos several hours last night. Warranty is my Primary concern with any ebike company. I'm still put out over Smartmotion's persistant refusal to honor their warranty on the new "Pacer" with the 17.5 aH battery which died in eight months. "But; this isn't about $1,000.00 batteries or Shysters."

Hovtech; I'd be honored if you would keep me posted on your "XP Lectricebike". Planning too purchase one for September; which must be ordered soon, before Preorder Discounts expire. I see no greed or dishonesty in these ebike prices. Especially on the battery prices.

Best,

Praise the Lord for sunshine, clean air, panoramic views; and a Lectric XP to enhance my beckoning journeys. It's rough being strapped in this boat named patience; while waiting for my XP too arrive. Guess I'm gonna know how Forest Gump felt; when his leg braces fell off. Fortunately; foresight inspired me to order an extra battery for $299.00. See; this Ol' Stallion's been missin' some of his favorite fishin' holes. Bet this Hoss can teach the new Stallion; how to find them. This may be the unforeseen justification I need; to invest in a Go Pro and a YouTube Channel. Nothing happens by mistake; . . . Even at 64.

Hornswaggled No More,
Akaso ek700 is awesome and afforadble camera for 70 bucks on amazon comes woth more accessories then you can possibly use

View attachment 58506
Really love that helmet, could you pls share the make and model, pls?

Thanks for sharing.
M

The main part where the bike folds has a rubber seal but where the wires come through the frame I think should be filled with some silicone to stop water from getting into the controller pocket.

Im not a fan of the wire raps is there something better to wrap them with any suggestions?

Yeah, just barely. Sorry it took so long. Hopefully it will help some of you guys out that are upgrading your forks!

See video here:
bobn4burton or anyone else that bought & installed the fork purchased from Ruben Bike on Aliexpress, I have a question you about the installing of your crown race that fits at the very bottom of the fork's tube. Did you have to grind the top of your crown race down so that the crown race fit against the base of the fork's tube? I placed the crown race of the Neco H185 just like the one you purchased and it didn't fit flush against the base of the fork's tube because the fork's tube gets larger in diameter toward the base. In the video, it looks like you ground off some of the top side of your crown race (is that correct)? Right now, my crown race has a space between the bottom of the crown race and the base of the fork's tube of approximately 1/8 - 3/16 inch. The crown race does need to sit flush against the base of the fork's tube, right? Thanks for all input. I am new at working on bikes and I don't want to mess this up.

bobn4burton or anyone else that bought & installed the fork purchased from Ruben Bike on Aliexpress, I have a question you about the installing of your crown race that fits at the very bottom of the fork's tube. Did you have to grind the top of your crown race down so that the crown race fit against the base of the fork's tube? I placed the crown race of the Neco H185 just like the one you purchased and it didn't fit flush against the base of the fork's tube because the fork's tube gets larger in diameter toward the base. In the video, it looks like you ground off some of the top side of your crown race (is that correct)? Right now, my crown race has a space between the bottom of the crown race and the base of the fork's tube of approximately 1/8 - 3/16 inch. The crown race does need to sit flush against the base of the fork's tube, right? Thanks for all input. I am new at working on bikes and I don't want to mess this up.

Just did this, no grinding needed! Pounding is needed instead. You need to find a tube or pipe that slips over the fork and drive the crown race down that last bit so it's flush. Simple as that.

20200707_112832.jpg

By the way, I'm selling my suspension fork you see here. Complete set; fork, Neco heatset and shorter folding stem. Plus lots of spacers and hardware. Everything you need to get it done, in one box, no wait from China. PM me.

I converted back to the rigid fork because I'm building a BMX bike, not a mountain bike. I just didn't know that when I got in the 'buy all my accessories now" mode while waiting for my bikes delivery. The suspension fork setup is sweet, and I'll probably throw it on my wife's step-thru if I can't unload it here.

Just did this, no grinding needed! Pounding is needed instead. You need to find a tube or pipe that slips over the fork and drive the crown race down that last bit so it's flush. Simple as that.

View attachment 59457

By the way, I'm selling my suspension fork you see here. Complete set; fork, Neco heatset and shorter folding stem. Plus lots of spacers and hardware. Everything you need to get it done, in one box, no wait from China. PM me.

I converted back to the rigid fork because I'm building a BMX bike, not a mountain bike. I just didn't know that when I got in the 'buy all my accessories now" mode while waiting for my bikes delivery. The suspension fork setup is sweet, and I'll probably throw it on my wife's step-thru if I can't unload it here.

How much are you asking for it and what tools are required to install

View attachment 59457

Thanks for that information. What type of pipe did you use? I saw that Bob said down in the comments of his Youtube video that he used 1 1/4" PVC pipe, but the pipe I had that had a 1 1/4" outside diameter would not fit on the tube of my suspension fork.

Thanks for that information. What type of pipe did you use? I saw that Bob said down in the comments of his Youtube video that he used 1 1/4" PVC pipe, but the pipe I had that had a 1 1/4" outside diameter would not fit on the tube of my suspension fork.
PVC pipe is typically sized based on the inside diameter. So the 1 1/4" PVC size I suggested is referring to the inside diameter...

Back