Lectric XP

No...there is no signature required which is unbelievable because I got a text from FedEx this morning saying that my bike was delivered on the front step at 10:26 am and when I looked at 10:27 am it was not there! So I rode around my block to see if I could see where they delivered it instead and I found nothing so I called FedEx and reported it and they tell me that they will forward it on to their investigator and I will be called back. So I decided to ride around again and check some other houses and when I got back I received a call from the lady who they delivered it to on the other side of town with a address that is not even similar to mine so I don't know how they did this! While I was on the phone getting her address to go pick it up FedEx called me back to ask some questions and when I explained that I was on the phone with a lady that had my bike they say that it is the responsibility of the driver to deliver it to the correct address...and I tell him that may be but it is going to be their responsibility to fire the driver!

No...there is no signature required which is unbelievable because I got a text from FedEx this morning saying that my bike was delivered on the front step at 10:26 am and when I looked at 10:27 am it was not there! So I rode around my block to see if I could see where they delivered it instead and I found nothing so I called FedEx and reported it and they tell me that they will forward it on to their investigator and I will be called back. So I decided to ride around again and check some other houses and when I got back I received a call from the lady who they delivered it to on the other side of town with a address that is not even similar to mine so I don't know how they did this! While I was on the phone getting her address to go pick it up FedEx called me back to ask some questions and when I explained that I was on the phone with a lady that had my bike they say that it is the responsibility of the driver to deliver it to the correct address...and I tell him that may be but it is going to be their responsibility to fire the driver!

You got lucky! Are you still in the phone book? Luckier still.

I believe almost any non-threaded bicycle headset of that size will work. I ordered a headset with sealed bearings, instead of ones you need to grease. I will report my findings when I am finished. It may take 1-2 months before i receive everything. I have already received my air shock. It only took 7 days. I had originally ordered the oil/air shock until i realized there were two major differences that were ignored by a previous member of this forum.

1. the air shock can pump air into to adjust the pressure.
2. the air shock is lighter. 1800g vs 2400 (i find this significant).
3. only 30. more

Whichever you choose, both vendors are reputable as the oil/air shock vendor happily refunded my money and was very communicative.

I ordered this headset:

In case anyone is wondering, the link took some searching but here it is to the air fork. It's about $40 more than the oil fork but probably worth it if you're going to spend the money and take the time.

I don't plan on buying one until I can get the proper headset.

Now that the new, Step Thru XP is available for order, I'm wondering if it will affect current XP shipments? It would seem to me that a percentage of current order holders might opt to switch to the newer model if their current XP bike has not yet shipped. Is it possible that enough could make that decision and free up those previously ordered XP's for those of us waiting from a late May order? I haven't even exposed my wife to the new model due to this possibility. I doubt she would want to wait an extra month, but I suppose it could go either way.

Any other opinions or switchers out there?

Since curiosity got the best of me I called Lectric with a few questions. I asked about unshipped open orders being able to switch to the new, August delivery Step Thru XP. I was told it certainly can be done. Apparently, they are getting many more customers making that change than they expected. I also inquired about the swap released standard XP's shortening the shipping time for original XP open orders. Again, that is something they expect to occur. My order for two XP's is now looking like they will ship around the 1st of July, not in the second week as originally predicted.

Yay.

Since curiosity got the best of me I called Lectric with a few questions. I asked about unshipped open orders being able to switch to the new, August delivery Step Thru XP. I was told it certainly can be done. Apparently, they are getting many more customers making that change than they expected. I also inquired about the swap released standard XP's shortening the shipping time for original XP open orders. Again, that is something they expect to occur. My order for two XP's is now looking like they will ship around the 1st of July, not in the second week as originally predicted.

Yay.
Good news! What is your order number?

I am at 148XX, from my order on the morning of May 28th, how about you?

Edited 6 hours later: I got an email from Lectric this morning that one of my two ordered bikes has shipped! Tracking number indicates delivery on 6-30 by FedEx. My second bike is preparing for shipping also. The irony of this is I am leaving for a family thing 300 miles away and not returning until 7-3. So, if both bikes are held for pickup, I won't be able to get them until the 6th due to the holiday I imagine. Oh well, life goes on. On top of this, I really didn't want to go on this trip anyway, it's the fake graduation ceremony of a niece. Covid has cancelled the planned event.

Last edited:
I got my XP a couple weeks ago, but I took it apart for surgery, waiting for a trickle of parts from China....but I finally have it back together:

58bevic.png

Thanks to all the folks who have been recommending gear in this forum, it was a great help! I got fender extenders, a new seat and a suspension seatpost as well as some new grips, all that I have seen folks on here install before, and they all installed pretty smoothly, and did some de-branding with a strip of 3M gloss vinyl. I also added some "ape hanger" cruiser-style handlebars, which is the one thing I haven't seen on anybody else's XP...that took a little bit of work, mostly re-threading all the cables & ties....they reached, but barely....these handlebars have a 9-inch rise and anything longer than that would require some extensions. The last piece I'm waiting on is a 11-34t freewheel, which will hopefully be here in the next couple of days.

Is it true that a special pump must be used to provide air to the shock?
I don't think you 'technically' need a special pump?? It's just a normal air valve..

However, the air cavity in the shock is very small and it doesn't take much air volume to change the pressure. And your working pressure is like 60-120psi or so.

So it might be possible to use a different type of pump, but I think the dedicated shock pumps have these advantages:
1. They are made specifically for fine adjustment of pressure for the given amount of air volume and working pressures.
2. They have the gauge built-in for real-time monitoring of pressure.

I've never tried another generic type pump...

Just an FYI, this fork is not an air fork, the 100 one can pump air into it, this can't. I made the same mistake, but i don't think i need an air fork anyways.

You probably don't. This thread had me worried that I too ordered the "wrong one". Some quick research lead to this info, linked here: Coil vs. Air Forks

>>Coil forks use a metal coil as the spring (duh!). The advantage of this is the linear nature of the suspension during the compression cycle. Unlike with an air fork, the spring rate doesn't 'ramp up' as you go deeply into the travel making coil suspension unbeatable in terms of smoothness and feel.

To set up requires a bit more work though. Adjusting the fork for your weight means swapping out the coil spring for a firmer or softer option, and there may only be a handful of choices, so fine tuning isn't as precise as with an air fork. It also requires a bit more mechanical know-how. In saying that however, coil forks are simpler to maintain and service than air forks; a couple of seals and some oil is all you need to keep them running smoothly.

Coil forks are generally a bit cheaper than air but are also heavier. These forks are best used on bigger travel bikes that go deeply into their travel. They remain smooth even on the biggest hits and are very tough, making them popular with downhill riders.<<

My decision is to go with the coil fork because it's less expensive ($80 shipped vs: $150), my other bikes have coil forks and I'm happy with them plus I'm not a serious enough rider to to need or appreciate the difference.

I got my XP a couple weeks ago, but I took it apart for surgery, waiting for a trickle of parts from China....but I finally have it back together:

58bevic.png

I also added some "ape hanger" cruiser-style handlebars, which is the one thing I haven't seen on anybody else's XP...that took a little bit of work, mostly re-threading all the cables & ties....they reached, but barely....these handlebars have a 9-inch rise and anything longer than that would require some extensions...

Nice work! I'm taking mine apart also. I'm going to powder coat the frame for sure and maybe the rims, fork and handlebars too. Not the fenders though, they go in the bin.

All that work to replace your handlebars deserves a much better picture than above. I can't even see them from that angle or in that light. I'm curious, does still folds up okay with bars that tall?

All that work to replace your handlebars deserves a much better picture than above. I can't even see them from that angle or in that light. I'm curious, does still folds up okay with bars that tall?

Nope, the bars won't fold down anymore because of how I have the cabling tied up. If I wanted to split the cabling in two it might be able to fold down again, but like you say I'm not sure it would work anyway with that style of bars. Not much of a concern for me personally (and it still folds from the center fine), YMMV.

My photo skillz (and my phone) suck, but I tried to get a better shot of the bars:

28P5lLt.jpg

4I9ODq4.jpg

58bevic.png

Thanks to all the folks who have been recommending gear in this forum, it was a great help! I got fender extenders, a new seat and a suspension seatpost as well as some new grips, all that I have seen folks on here install before, and they all installed pretty smoothly, and did some de-branding with a strip of 3M gloss vinyl. I also added some "ape hanger" cruiser-style handlebars, which is the one thing I haven't seen on anybody else's XP...that took a little bit of work, mostly re-threading all the cables & ties....they reached, but barely....these handlebars have a 9-inch rise and anything longer than that would require some extensions. The last piece I'm waiting on is a 11-34t freewheel, which will hopefully be here in the next couple of days.
Looks real nice, is that a new style of bag from Lectric or your own bag? As for the fender extenders I ended up cutting 2" off the front mud guard because it kept catching on stairs, curbs, logs, small animals, children, pedestrians, non-electric bicyles or anything else you have to ride over. I used the rear mud guard as a template to get the same shape and cut it with my tinsnips. These guards really make a difference so that I don't get a skid mark up my backside and also don't have my key covered in mud anymore. I don't ride in the rain but like to ride on trails so almost always have to ride through puddles or mud that I can't ride around. One thing I noticed is you don't have the upgraded headlamp, you can find it here along with the connecting wire by using the search button. Since it comes from Aliexpress summer is a perfect time to order it so that you'll have it for the darker evenings in the fall/winter.

Nope, the bars won't fold down anymore because of how I have the cabling tied up. If I wanted to split the cabling in two it might be able to fold down again, but like you say I'm not sure it would work anyway with that style of bars. Not much of a concern for me personally (and it still folds from the center fine), YMMV.

My photo skillz (and my phone) suck, but I tried to get a better shot of the bars:

4I9ODq4.jpg
You have a nice setup for your bike. Did you buy your phone bag on Aliexpress.com? What are the dimensions of the part of the bag that stores your phone? I have an iphone 6s Plus and I am looking for a bag like yours that would fit my phone's dimensions (3 1/2 wide x 6 9/16 long - inches). Thanks.

Back