Lectric XP

The ride is much improved with both mods, and they compliment each other well. My wife has another black XP which is stock except for a softer replacement seat, so it is easy for me to compare. I enjoy riding trails and unpaved alleyways when I can, and having a suspension allows me to go faster and with much more comfort and control.

Darn it! You're making me spend more money!!

😆😁

The ride is much improved with both mods, and they compliment each other well.
Glad to hear. I, too, have the seat post suspension (which I'm on the fence about as I thought it would move in an up/down motion as opposed to a back/forth motion), and I am presently awaiting the suspension fork bearings (I believe that's what they are called) so I can install my fork. Was curious what real benefit the dual suspension mod would bring. Thanks again!

Glad to hear. I, too, have the seat post suspension (which I'm on the fence about as I thought it would move in an up/down motion as opposed to a back/forth motion), and I am presently awaiting the suspension fork bearings (I believe that's what they are called) so I can install my fork. Was curious what real benefit the dual suspension mod would bring. Thanks again!
You don't want the seat post to go up and down..the tube the the seat post goes in is at an angle. If you have a cheaper suspension post it goes up and down and moves you closer and farther away from the handlebars..thus the design of the superior Suntour style.

Has anyone received an email regarding the June batch? They said Order numbers under #133xx will be sent out by the 9th but still haven't gotten any updates.

I am presently awaiting the suspension fork bearings (I believe that's what they are called) so I can install my fork

Which part are those? I ordered the suspension forks recommended here but haven't read about any install problems. Besides the new forks what other parts will I need? Thanks!

Which part are those? I ordered the suspension forks recommended here but haven't read about any install problems. Besides the new forks what other parts will I need? Thanks!

See Post 2903 of this thread. What I have been referring to as bearings are apparently the headset.

I bought this one instead. Specs look the same, but double check.
Should probably work fine. The top collar is tapered instead of a tall flat collar...so could look a little weird, but should still work. You could also buy one of the spacers I got which is essentially the same as the top neco spacer.

Is there anyway to thread the new fork so you could use the old headset and folding mechanism?
I called three bike shops today and they all said no. They have the die to recut damaged threads but said it's not designed to cut new. Plus I bet the tube diameter is off several thousands of an inch for the optimum threading diameter. I just bit the bullet and bought the parts. As bobn4burton said everything was under $150. I may leave that stem long and just slap a BMX style head on there.

Back