Lectric XP

I called three bike shops today and they all said no. They have the die to recut damaged threads but said it's not designed to cut new. Plus I bet the tube diameter is off several thousands of an inch for the optimum threading diameter. I just bit the bullet and bought the parts. As bobn4burton said everything was under $150. I may leave that stem long and just slap a BMX style head on there.
BMX style wouldn't be a bad way to go either... I don't really fold my bike much. If you tend to fold your bike often, then keeping a folding stem is probably important.

Why did you need a new folding stem?
The original folding stem has a quill (the part that sticks down inside of the steerer tube) and is made for threaded headsets/forks. The new suspension fork is threadless and requires a different folding stem that has the star nut interface and locking collar.

The original folding stem has a quill (the part that sticks down inside of the steerer tube) and is made for threaded headsets/forks. The new suspension fork is threadless and requires a different folding stem that has the star nut interface and locking collar.

Thanks. Awesome video BTW, very thorough.

Just an FYI, this fork is not an air fork, the 100 one can pump air into it, this can't. I made the same mistake, but i don't think i need an air fork anyways.

I order the same fork from Aliexpress for 39.99 . But shipping was like $47.00...still under $100.00 . It took about 3 week.. you pay tax on the $39.99...waiting on all my other parts from Ali....I am converting over to a BMX setup...If you do a little research at the Botton of that page you can find them even cheaper...Do Your Math Homework... Those sticker on the forks just peal off

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32989738786.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dGeJMbR

Just an FYI, this fork is not an air fork, the 100 one can pump air into it, this can't. I made the same mistake, but i don't think i need an air fork anyways.
Maybe you made a mistake... I didn't... who said it was just a air fork......It label as a Sandy Oil AIR Gas locking suspension fork

Look at the top of the fork caps in the photo. One cap is and adjustment. The other cap says "air" on it and is red. On the cheaper one, one cap has and adjustment and one cap is black. I've examined several for sale on AliExpress. Also look at the weight. The expensive one is 185 and lighter. The cheaper one is around 255. The one recommended is an air fork. Not an oil air fork

Maybe you made a mistake... I didn't... It label as a Sandy Oil AIR Gas locking suspension fork

Look at the top of the fork caps in the photo. One cap is and adjustment. The other cap says "air" on it and is red. On the cheaper one, one cap has and adjustment and one cap is black. I've examined several for sale on AliExpress. Also look at the weight. The expensive one is 185 and lighter. The cheaper one is around 255. The one recommended is an air fork. Not an oil air fork
Yep, looking at the red air cap vs the darker cap on left side of shock is the most reliable method of identifying which version of shock. Red air cap is the air shock and the darker cap is oil shock.

Lets move on to other things... this is pointless

Haven’t posted in a while, I have been too busy enjoying these sorry.
E76D019B-BBC6-4AB9-8471-0E2D38026BC8.jpeg

0ACE926F-A22C-47F6-B4F9-D0B508E003D7.jpeg
E835FFE2-7938-46BE-8416-944C595D9F8F.jpeg

Also installed a new handlebar on the old lady’s bike already, install went smooth, just have to undo the lume a little to get more right to left separation on the cables. Still waiting on my bar from aliexpress that darceman recommended, hers were off amazon so they came much sooner. I dunno if anyone has said this yet but my bikes were not shipped with bells, not a biggie, just FYI. Link below on the handlebar which came by recommendation before in this thread.

Sunlite MTB/City Steel Handlebars https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AO7HDE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pUG6Eb7WZHN1F

View attachment 55799View attachment 55800
Also installed a new handlebar on the old lady’s bike already, install went smooth, just have to undo the lume a little to get more right to left separation on the cables. Still waiting on my bar from aliexpress that darceman recommended, hers were off amazon so they came much sooner. I dunno if anyone has said this yet but my bikes were not shipped with bells, not a biggie, just FYI. Link below on the handlebar which came by recommendation before in this thread.

Sunlite MTB/City Steel Handlebars https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AO7HDE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pUG6Eb7WZHN1F

Suntour NCX looks great, can't wait, mine is on the ship on the way over here to the US... Already purchased the stiffer spring from Suntour.

Yep, looking at the red air cap vs the darker cap on left side of shock is the most reliable method of identifying which version of shock. Red air cap is the air shock and the darker cap is oil shock.

In case anyone is wondering, the link took some searching but here it is to the air fork. It's about $40 more than the oil fork but probably worth it if you're going to spend the money and take the time.

I don't plan on buying one until I can get the proper headset.

I ended up reinstalling the front fender onto the suspension fork using some 1 1/2” strap clamps around the forks to create mounting points for the wire arms. I may tweak it a bit but it works fine.
Question about installing the front fender with the straps you show. What size hardware did you use to fasten the fender (bolts / screws, etc.)? Thanks.

I'm curious if any members have received their XP shipment or tracking number lately? I bought 2 at the end of May and the website is still showing July delivery for current (@ $899 still) purchase. At the time of my order I was advised that the first or second week in July was probable for shipment. I'm going out of town for a few days around the first of the month, but that shouldn't be an issue. I rented a couple of ebikes on this past Sunday and we had a blast. We covered about 12-15 miles around town, took a lunch break and doubled down on our eagerness to get our own bikes.

That’s great to hear. Congrats!

I’ve been stockpiling accessories like mirrors, gloves, etc. in anticipation.

I’m looking forward to others reporting their delivery progress. Do they ship signature required, or not?

Back