Lectric XP

I got the regular one :Sunlite Cloud-9 Bicycle Suspension Cruiser Saddle, Cruiser Gel, Tri-color Black. Don't know about the other one with hole in middle. The 'reg' one seems just fine, much more comfortable than orig seat, and in combo with the NCX seatpost makes a huge difference in ride comfort.

Here in Virginia, December days can often go back and forth from heavy-coats to short sleeves. Fortunately the past days have been 60+ degrees and so I got to do some riding after a hiatus of about two weeks, probably even a bit longer. I had last left the battery with about a 51 volt charge and was happily surprised to see that it had hardly lost any discharge after this amount of time. Anyway: We've got some very steep hills around here, and that's one reason I keep my eye on the voltage as I ride. I try to keep the load under 10 amps. Yes, I know that the XP can "burst" to 800w, but it goes against my grain to want to max it out. It's a 500w motor and so 10 amps seems to be where the "red line" would be. I am just overthinking the amperage limit? I don't baby the bike, but I'd also like it to last as long a time as possible.

It's a 500w motor and so 10 amps seems to be where the "red line" would be.

Well... Kinda, sorta, depends, some-what, there-abouts, in-the-neighborhood. :)

So PIE : Power in Watts = I in Amps * E in Volts
500 watts = 10 amps * 50 volts
500 watts = 9.15 amps @ 54.6 volts Full Charge
500 watts = 10.52 amps @ 47.5 volts Nominal Charge
500 watts = 12.82 amps @ 39. volts End of Charge

By Lectric OEM Battery Specs "Continuous Discharge Rating: 10A"
10 amps = 500 watts @ 50 volts
10 amps = 564 watts @ 54.6 volts
10 amps = 475 watts @ 47.5 volts
10 amps = 390 watts @ 39 volts

Not sure if this helps any, just thought I'd throw it out.

George

Well... Kinda, sorta, depends, some-what, there-abouts, in-the-neighborhood. :)

So PIE : Power in Watts = I in Amps * E in Volts
500 watts = 10 amps * 50 volts
500 watts = 9.15 amps @ 54.6 volts Full Charge
500 watts = 10.52 amps @ 47.5 volts Nominal Charge
500 watts = 12.82 amps @ 39. volts End of Charge

By Lectric OEM Battery Specs "Continuous Discharge Rating: 10A"
10 amps = 500 watts @ 50 volts
10 amps = 564 watts @ 54.6 volts
10 amps = 475 watts @ 47.5 volts
10 amps = 390 watts @ 39 volts

Not sure if this helps any, just thought I'd throw it out.

George

This info is indeed helpful and thanks for sharing it. You've illustrated my kind of "one-dimensional thinking" on this. I had been thinking about maximum sustained wattage from the standpoint of the voltage factor ONLY at full charge. Of course, a lower voltage would require relative higher amps for any net amount of a given wattage, as your data shows. I'm still not sure about how good or bad it is to exceed any 500-watt power level for any extended amount of time. If so, what an actual duration of "extended time" would be in this case. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the 800 watt "bursts" are unsustainable over longer periods of time (hence, "burst"), like an extended climb up a long, steep grade without using any pedal assist. I was wondering if it is possible to ever burn up the motor on some of the big hills around here, ones where I am pedaling in lowest gear and still pulling over 10 amps of power. There seem to be some smart minds on here with a lot more eBike experience than I've got. OK, that is one thing I AM sure about!

Hello folks, it's been awhile sense I've been here. Hope everybody is enjoying their bikes and had a good holiday. I have a quick question, way back in some of the early posts I noticed some people switched their 14 to 28 tooth freewheels out for the DNP 11 to 28 tooth, I just put mine on but because here in Wisconsin it's cold and snowy it will be awhile before I can get out and test it, I have read conflicting reviews, some say it's great while there are a lot saying it's a piece of junk and breaks or just does not work smoothly, now granted most of those who hate it are hard core bikers, not on an E-bike. So my question is, has anyone who put the DNP on and put some miles on it, have you had any problems?

Hello folks, it's been awhile sense I've been here. Hope everybody is enjoying their bikes and had a good holiday. I have a quick question, way back in some of the early posts I noticed some people switched their 14 to 28 tooth freewheels out for the DNP 11 to 28 tooth, I just put mine on but because here in Wisconsin it's cold and snowy it will be awhile before I can get out and test it, I have read conflicting reviews, some say it's great while there are a lot saying it's a piece of junk and breaks or just does not work smoothly, now granted most of those who hate it are hard core bikers, not on an E-bike. So my question is, has anyone who put the DNP on and put some miles on it, have you had any problems?
Also interested in feedback on swapped freewheels...

I just ordered the DRIFT MANIAC 11-34T from AliExpress. I won't get it for a couple weeks...but curious if anyone got this particular freewheel and their feedback using it...

I have not had any problems and am now using this DNP 11 - 28 tooth freewheel. I have only put maybe 30-40 miles on the bike since I swapped it and had to put it away for the winter. But while I was riding it, I experienced zero issues, and the freewheel appeared to be made well and was quite heavy.

Also interested in feedback on swapped freewheels...

I just ordered the DRIFT MANIAC 11-34T from AliExpress. I won't get it for a couple weeks...but curious if anyone got this particular freewheel and their feedback using it...

Same one both Darceman and I are using and we love it. Check some of his posts concerning installing this as he talks about a spacer or ring that is not needed. I haven't taken mine apart yet to see what he is talking about.

Same one both Darceman and I are using and we love it. Check some of his posts concerning installing this as he talks about a spacer or ring that is not needed. I haven't taken mine apart yet to see what he is talking about.
I had the same thing with the DNP freewheel, at first I left the spacer on then had to take it off after looking at it and realizing the spacing was not quite right, took the spacer off and all was good.

I have 347 miles on my bike as of 30 minutes ago. We have been having some nice weather in Kansas City for December. Last week I changed to the 11-38 Freewheel. I like it. 6th gear is like 7th use to be. PAS 5 and 7 th gear is a nice pedal and 24 mph for my weight. 217. I can push it to 26 but not 28 unless I’m going downhill. I have settled to mostly riding in PAS 3 and 6th gear. It’s a nice pedal cadence and 18 to 20 mph on level ground. Shifting is smooth. I like the upgrade. I got the 11-38 off of Amazon. I ride mostly rural streets and lots of paved trails near my home. I did add Mr. Tuffy liners and slime (front and rear) while I had the rear wheel off anyway. If I were younger and in to more off-road I would have looked for a full suspension bike. The Suntour suspension seat post helps. This bike is perfect for how I use it. I love this thing😍
Do you have the links for the freewheel and the tool used to do this? Been searching and can't find it. Don't want to get the wrong ones.

This is the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007A8RPUS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, along with this tool:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FI8WWZY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, there is also ones I found after getting mine:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007QTTYE...olid=2G1CJCIWICMNP&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DTWZB...olid=2G1CJCIWICMNP&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it. Don't know much about the last ones listed, but they are probably fine choices also. Just remember that on mine and maybe some others you have to take off the spacer ring.

This is the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007A8RPUS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, along with this tool:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FI8WWZY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, there is also ones I found after getting mine:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007QTTYE...olid=2G1CJCIWICMNP&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DTWZB...olid=2G1CJCIWICMNP&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it. Don't know much about the last ones listed, but they are probably fine choices also. Just remember that on mine and maybe some others you have to take off the spacer ring.
The last two Shimano links you have are for cassettes and not freewheels...so they won't work. Our bikes use a freewheel...

Do you have the links for the freewheel and the tool used to do this? Been searching and can't find it. Don't want to get the wrong ones.
This is the freewheel many of us ordered and the tool. It's from Aliexpress at 1/2 price with a couple of week wait. The tool was $1.25 vs 10 bucks on Amazon. Freewheel https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000229011483.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.24454c4dKiCOVT
Removal tool, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33003952799.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.24454c4dKiCOVT

Hi - anyone living in Marin County, CA that has a XP Bike? I would love to ride together? Seems like that could be a lot of fun.

This is the exact same freewheel I got from Amazon, much better price on Aliexpress I see, fits great, just remember to remove the spacer ring👍🏼
It was a 2 week wait on the freewheel and 3 weeks on the tool. With the holidays, I was in no hurry , still haven't changed it yet, so the delivery time was fine with me. It's on my list to do this week.

I have 75 miles on the new 11-28 freewheel. I like it a lot. Nice cadence in PAS 3 and 6th gear. Nice cadence in PAS 5 in 7th. No more chasing 7th because it is much higher now...like another gear.

Back