Lectric XP

I started to notice a rattle in the front end. Would really rattle going over stone driveways. Tried to tighten everything on handle bars and even tightened the race nut, to no avail. Finally occurred to me is the battery is loose in its enclosure. It rattles around in its enclosure. Put the battery in and used a piece of folded cardboard and stuck it in the top of the battery between the top of the case and the battery body. This helps a great deal, but not completely. May put a thick piece of cardboard in the front of the battery to press on it when you close the bike on it. Anyone else have any ideas that worked?
Welcome to the forum. There were several posts on loose batteries and different fixes a few month ago. There should be several references in the seach tab.

Rob on this forum and the Facebook user group did a second battery modification that I thought was genius. Second battery is mounted to the rack. He purchased the plug to connect direct to the controller bypassing the main batter. The second battery does need a key switch to turn it off and on. Switch the main batter off, switch the secondary battery on. No rewiring, no chance of shorting anything out. I think the mod was explained on the FB users group. Maybe he'll see this post and share the plug and procedure he used. Or try a search on the FB group.

Here is the copy and paste of his post. Once I understood what he was doing, it made a lot of sense:
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Robert Kobylarz
Chuck Fedora
Y cable with dean plugs.
Dean plug is used inside XP frame to connect battery to controller.
Y cable allows to connect 2 batteries at the same time.
You just have to make sure you dont run both at the same time so 2nd battery needs key switch too like original.
Why couldn't you have them both on at the same time? It's just 2 batteries in parallel.

How would wire them if one is inside the bike and one is outside the bike?

I thought you understood what he was doing? He is using a Y-connector to split the power to the controller so that both batteries are connected in parallel:
+ to + to +
- to - to -

just like jumping a car except you remove the cables from the installed battery and run 2 sets on jumper cable from the car cables: one set to the installed battery, one set to the jumping battery.

Now this:

Court also posted the videos himself here.
The videos were awesome. Great to see that Lectric has listen to the forums and what people were saying. Then started making those corrections on new deliveries. Just reported on FB that one guys Dad just received his bike and nothing needed adjusting, it was perfect out of the box.
As for the upgrades people were asking for, they can be found on Aliexpress for pennies on the dollar. Pre-upgraded bikes are all over the internet staring at $1,500. This is an $899. bike and FUN to upgrade as a person wants. I am glad I didn't pay for upgrades I don't need and added what I will use.

As for the upgrades people were asking for, they can be found on Aliexpress for pennies on the dollar. Pre-upgraded bikes are all over the internet staring at $1,500. This is an $899. bike and FUN to upgrade as a person wants. I am glad I didn't pay for upgrades I don't need and added what I will use.
You know, I was going to say that an upgraded model would be nice, but I slept on it, and this morning I realized - you're right! I am not adept with things mechanical or with tools, but my XP should be the perfect learning opportunity for me. It IS such a good bike for personalization and getting the parts and accessories YOU want for it. Thanks for opening my eyes, Bro! (Although I still would like a suspension fork ;))

Also noticed this in my shopping email FYI:

Holidaze Sale and Shipping Update
Great news! You've been extra good this year and you deserve a special gift from Lectric eBikes!

This holiday season we are offering our most popular bike, the Lectric XP, for the low price of $929. As an added bonus, we are including a free suspension seat post with each new XP order! If you need your bike in time for Christmas please complete your order at lectricebikes.com (https://lectricebikes.com/) by December 16.

At Lectric eBikes, we celebrate you. Thank you for making a difference in our company and in our lives. Happy Holidays.

Levi, CEO

Seems to be a pretty short-term offer.

Court's review of the XP is now up on YouTube.

I wanted to post this reply Court left about who manufactures the motor in his reply to one of the comments. It's been a mystery for some time.

Yeah, I had a big conversation with them about this before filming and drilled in on motor brand. They said they would prefer not to specify because they had some motor issues initially and then worked directly with the manufacturer on a fix... and they didn't want people to associate the manufacturer with their "improved" version. I get that, but yeah, it's not Bafang.

Hey all,

I just got my xp this weekend and have enjoyed riding around on it. Like a lot of other folks the guard was completely bent in on the derailleur when I unboxed it. I bent it back out but I can't get it to shift past 5th gear. I have the adjustment screw twisted all the way in but that does not seem to make a difference (based off a shimano maintenance video I looked at). When I look at the hanger it seems to be slightly bent inward.

Is there a safe way to bend that back out without damaging anything?

I have an email into customer service but still waiting on a response.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Attachments

• 1576520713758.png
    1576520713758.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 753
Is the XP capable of being placed in the 7th speed? I'm having a problem having it shift to 7th speed. I know the adjustments must be off or the derailleur is bent. If it needs adjusting, what screw should be adjusted first, the H or L screw. Alignment of the chain takes on a strange angle when the chain is manually placed on the 7th speed teeth of the cassette. The angle is fairly extreme is why I ask. I would've thought that this would have at least been adjusted before the bike was shipped. The box the bicycle was shipped in didn't appear to have any damage to the area where the derailleur was located, but you know how shipping company employees handle boxes sometimes. I am new to adjusting derailleurs and this is why I ask. I have bent the derailleur guard out at least 1" or a little more. Thanks for any and all help.
Were you able to get this fixed? I just posted about this exact same thing. Can't get it past 5th gear. The guard was mashed in when I received it and I think it may have bent the dropout a little.

Were you able to get this fixed? I just posted about this exact same thing. Can't get it past 5th gear. The guard was mashed in when I received it and I think it may have bent the dropout a little.
It's hard for me to explain, but I didn't end up bending anything other than the derailleur guard. Then, I performed the derailleur adjustment from the largest gear sprocket of the cassette to the lowest. That didn't solve my shifting problem, so I adjusted the derailleur's from the lowest gear sprocket to the largest and then fine tuned the adjustment for each shift until I was satisfied with the results.

You may need to contact Lectric and get them to solve your problem. They are very willing to help you and they'll send you any parts that have been damaged.

I hope this helps. Your hanger may be bent and I would address that issue with Lectric.

Hey all,

I just got my xp this weekend and have enjoyed riding around on it. Like a lot of other folks the guard was completely bent in on the derailleur when I unboxed it. I bent it back out but I can't get it to shift past 5th gear. I have the adjustment screw twisted all the way in but that does not seem to make a difference (based off a shimano maintenance video I looked at). When I look at the hanger it seems to be slightly bent inward.

Is there a safe way to bend that back out without damaging anything?

I have an email into customer service but still waiting on a response.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Lectric is sending me a new hanger. I hope the swap is pretty straight forward...fingers crossed

It's hard for me to explain, but I didn't end up bending anything other than the derailleur guard. Then, I performed the derailleur adjustment from the largest gear sprocket of the cassette to the lowest. That didn't solve my shifting problem, so I adjusted the derailleur's from the lowest gear sprocket to the largest and then fine tuned the adjustment for each shift until I was satisfied with the results.

You may need to contact Lectric and get them to solve your problem. They are very willing to help you and they'll send you any parts that have been damaged.

I hope this helps. Your hanger may be bent and I would address that issue with Lectric.
Thanks, you got it just right. I just got an email that they were sending a new hanger.

Have you tried disconnecting the cable at the the derailleur and manually checking the full range of motion? They may not have given you enough slack.

Back