Lectric XP

How about an electric bell/horn? It would probably be louder than a mechanical bell/horn.

View attachment 41987
View attachment 41988
View attachment 41989
View attachment 41990
View attachment 41991
That is what my post is all about....I posted the one im getting in my response about the other one failing...
I have ordered this one... Hopefully it's not overly abrasive.
C$ 11.53 32%OFF | Mini Electronic Bicycle Bell Upgraded Charging Bike Horn Rechargeable Low Noise Easy Install Cycling Accessories T-002S

Last edited:
That is what my post is all about....I posted the one im getting in my response about the other one failing...
I have ordered this one... Hopefully it's not overly abrasive.
C$ 11.53 32%OFF | Mini Electronic Bicycle Bell Upgraded Charging Bike Horn Rechargeable Low Noise Easy Install Cycling Accessories T-002S
My cousin gave me an electronic horn that at first I thought was a bit abrasive, that was before I came up behind several different walkers that had ear buds in and could not hear me even with a loud abrasive horn. I just make sure I push the horn button a long ways before I get to the walker so if they don't have ear buds in it's not so scary. Still think it's bette to have a louder horn.

My cousin gave me an electronic horn that at first I thought was a bit abrasive, that was before I came up behind several different walkers that had ear buds in and could not hear me even with a loud abrasive horn. I just make sure I push the horn button a long ways before I get to the walker so if they don't have ear buds in it's not so scary. Still think it's bette to have a louder horn.
I hate the ear buds crowd, we had a case near where I live where a woman was jogging on the railroad tracks and she could not hear the train that came around the corner and ran her over. Darwin never loses...

I have had this horn for a few months, its great!

Here is another option for a headlamp that is much brighter than the stock one, I have both Darceman's light and this one on different bikes. The good about Darceman's light is it's brighter, seems to have a wider view or throw of the light, it runs off the bike battery and it takes up no space on your handlebar. The bad is it only has one setting, you have to do some mild wiring wizardry to connect it and you have to wait at least a month to receive it and the cable that you need to connect it. The other light that I have is about 85% as bright as Darceman's on the high setting, has 3 light levels as well as a brilliantly bright flash setting, and I don't know if it throws as wide a beam but what it does throw is very good. You do need a powerbank to power this light and what I did at first was use a rubber pad and a velcro strap to mount it to the top tube of the bike before I bought one of those little saddlebag thingees that can carry my phone and the powerbank. Amazon will ship it out in about a week and the price is about the same for either light. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0777KN8NW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you.

I am finding that as well. The people that couldn't hear my horn were oblivious to everything around them. Usually because of earbuds. My new horn when I receive it I will use from a further distance to not surprise anyone.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to use an inverter to charge their ebike battery. The bike batteries tend to be 36v DC - converting your 12v DC current to 120v AC and then back to 36v DC is a really inefficient way of doing things. Just buy a 12v (cigarette lighter socket) charger for your ebike.

I have been doing this for the last 4 years - it takes 4-6 hours and draws a current of 6 amps. A 250W panel would provide plenty of power most of the year. We have deep cycle batteries on our system and 750W of solar, which run a freezer and 4 electric bikes - it's generally enough even here in rainy UK.
I don't fully understand how a 12v charger can be plugged into a cigarette lighter socket to charge an ebike battery. I may simply be missing something obvious about this. Can you please share info on the charger that you use? All the car-charging discussions seem to end up where cigarette lighter plug connections just don't pack enough amps. Thanks!

I don't fully understand how a 12v charger can be plugged into a cigarette lighter socket to charge an ebike battery. I may simply be missing something obvious about this. Can you please share info on the charger that you use? All the car-charging discussions seem to end up where cigarette lighter plug connections just don't pack enough amps. Thanks!
This is the inverter I have for my RV/car. To be very clear, I use this inverter to charge my battery only when the engine is running. If I need to charge my battery, I take the battery out of the bike and charge it while driving from location to location. If I am at a campsite with no power, I try to make sure my battery is completely charged. I just bought an extra battery as well so that I can have two fully charged batteries while travelling. The inverter is used only to power very light gear or keep electronics topped off. I also have this power storage/inverter unit which I use to power my CPAP machine overnight, which allows me to bypass using either the engine or house battery. If I forego my humidifier I can get close to 3 nights on this unit. I do not know enough about electricity and electric power to offer more information as to whether or not either of these units can charge an ebike battery without an engine running. I do know that, when merrily travelling down the highway, I can plug either of these units into my 12V DC plug (aka cigarette lighter) and either run gear or charge a battery on the go.

On the fence about buying the panniers for the Lectric xp. I have a set for my 26in fat bike but I am wondering if they are bigger than the ones for sale on the website. I don't want them to be rubbing on the ground. Has anyone tried different panniers on the xp?

On the fence about buying the panniers for the Lectric xp. I have a set for my 26in fat bike but I am wondering if they are bigger than the ones for sale on the website. I don't want them to be rubbing on the ground. Has anyone tried different panniers on the xp?
Welcome Grooveface, the Lectric panniers are very basic quality and are only worth the free pricetag if they are still offered as a throw-in when you buy the bike. I use the Rhinowalk 25L & 20L bags from Amazon or for a little more you can buy the Ortlieb bags from Amazon as well. If you want to carry an extra battery for the XP you need to buy the 25L size.

This is the inverter I have for my RV/car. To be very clear, I use this inverter to charge my battery only when the engine is running. If I need to charge my battery, I take the battery out of the bike and charge it while driving from location to location. If I am at a campsite with no power, I try to make sure my battery is completely charged. I just bought an extra battery as well so that I can have two fully charged batteries while travelling. The inverter is used only to power very light gear or keep electronics topped off. I also have this power storage/inverter unit which I use to power my CPAP machine overnight, which allows me to bypass using either the engine or house battery. If I forego my humidifier I can get close to 3 nights on this unit. I do not know enough about electricity and electric power to offer more information as to whether or not either of these units can charge an ebike battery without an engine running. I do know that, when merrily travelling down the highway, I can plug either of these units into my 12V DC plug (aka cigarette lighter) and either run gear or charge a battery on the go.

Poorplayer, my thinking has been to generally err on the side of caution whenever it comes to pushing extra amps out my car's stock electrical system, particularly the cigarette lighter outlet. I've seen the "fry" word used too many times during many car-charging discussions on here! All this simply means I'll try to stick to staying at a conservative PAS level on the XP for greater range, and eventually I'll get a second battery. There is no rush to get one now, because the cold season is now upon us. BTW, a couple of weeks ago I happened to see this 300w pure sine wave inverter on sale on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SLPWBK3 - I got it for just over $30. So I just checked the price on it today and it's $50. And on Black Friday no less! So with that I now have something for kind of lighter-duty jobs you had mentioned.

I was on US Forest Service land the other day and someone stopped me to ask if my bike was an ebike. He was nice about it but told me I had to stick to motorized areas. We talked a bit and he said the recent Nat. Parks ruling that permits ebikes doesn't apply to the US Forest Service because they're a division of USDA.

Sure enough, motorized vehicle areas only. This page explains it pretty well.

I was on US Forest Service land the other day and someone stopped me to ask if my bike was an ebike. He was nice about it but told me I had to stick to motorized areas. We talked a bit and he said the recent Nat. Parks ruling that permits ebikes doesn't apply to the US Forest Service because they're a division of USDA.

Sure enough, motorized vehicle areas only. This page explains it pretty well.

If that does not sound like typical Government. Now I am glad I did this. From what I found online ebikes with a prescription are allowed under the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) much like a motorized wheelchair. After reading the attachment, who know, but at least I'll have a written explanation.

Saw my Doctor Friday and asked for a prescription for being able to ride on trails with "no motorized vehicles". Many states follow the ADA guidelines for motorized assistance on trail for those with disabilities, age in some cases qualify, if from a Doctor. My prescription states: "My name has COPD, use of E-bike is medically necessary."

I will laminate this and carry it in my gear bag if stopped. The Doctor was very pleased that I was riding for exercise and was more than happy to give me the prescription.

If you buy this plug and solder in to this light you will be quite impressed at how bright it is..I use it almost every night to blast through trails in the pitch dark. I couldn't do that with the stock light

C$ 7.94 | BOLLFIT Julet 2pin3pin4pin5pin Waterproof Connector for Ebike Light Trottle Ebrake Display Ebike Parts Ebike Extend Cable

I don't have my bike yet, can you tell me which connector I need to buy? male/female 2 or 3 pin? Thanks in advance.

Did the first modification to my wife's XP today, Kenda Kraze 20x4.25 tires. WOW, what a difference, so much smoother and quieter. The bike also seems to pick up speed much quicker. They're puncture resistant and they also have a reflective ring for safety, I highly recommend these. I'll be ordering a set for my black XP as well. $35 per tire from Rad Power Bikes.

IMG-0367.jpg

IMG-0365.jpg

IMG-0362.jpg

IMG-0359.jpg

IMG-0361.jpg
How do you do this? Do you have to take the tires off the bike and do you need special tools or just some tire levers? I am waiting for mine xp to arrive but I like the look of these tires a lot. TIA

How do you do this? Do you have to take the tires off the bike and do you need special tools or just some tire levers? I am waiting for mine xp to arrive but I like the look of these tires a lot. TIA
Has anyone tried the Kenda Krusade tires from RadPower? The Kraze look nice but I would like to keep that off-road tread. TIA.

Back