Lectric XP

Hope several are getting XP's for Christmas as the forum has died, need some new input. 😊
Hasn't died but lots of folks slowed down by weather and for us lucky ones in warmer climes, we are too busy exploring. Vader is a positive addiction who has brought the kid back out in me, although the golf course is still my first drug of choice. Merry Xmas.

I have 347 miles on my bike as of 30 minutes ago. We have been having some nice weather in Kansas City for December. Last week I changed to the 11-38 Freewheel. I like it. 6th gear is like 7th use to be. PAS 5 and 7 th gear is a nice pedal and 24 mph for my weight. 217. I can push it to 26 but not 28 unless I’m going downhill. I have settled to mostly riding in PAS 3 and 6th gear. It’s a nice pedal cadence and 18 to 20 mph on level ground. Shifting is smooth. I like the upgrade. I got the 11-38 off of Amazon. I ride mostly rural streets and lots of paved trails near my home. I did add Mr. Tuffy liners and slime (front and rear) while I had the rear wheel off anyway. If I were younger and in to more off-road I would have looked for a full suspension bike. The Suntour suspension seat post helps. This bike is perfect for how I use it. I love this thing😍

Attachments

• 0B99F55E-C206-47F5-8874-0FC187A8432E.jpeg
    0B99F55E-C206-47F5-8874-0FC187A8432E.jpeg
    765.1 KB · Views: 511
I have 347 miles on my bike as of 30 minutes ago. We have been having some nice weather in Kansas City for December. Last week I changed to the 11-38 Freewheel. I like it. 6th gear is like 7th use to be. PAS 5 and 7 th gear is a nice pedal and 24 mph for my weight. 217. I can push it to 26 but not 28 unless I’m going downhill. I have settled to mostly riding in PAS 3 and 6th gear. It’s a nice pedal cadence and 18 to 20 mph on level ground. Shifting is smooth. I like the upgrade. I got the 11-38 off of Amazon. I ride mostly rural streets and lots of paved trails near my home. I did add Mr. Tuffy liners and slime (front and rear) while I had the rear wheel off anyway. If I were younger and in to more off-road I would have looked for a full suspension bike. The Suntour suspension seat post helps. This bike is perfect for how I use it. I love this thing😍
Was it a 7spd cassette or a screw on freewheel?

Hope several are getting XP's for Christmas as the forum has died, need some new input. 😊

Hello! I just got my XP this past Friday and wowzers is this bike fun. As luck would have it we’re in the middle of some very pleasant weather in Missouri. Been in the 50’s everyday since Saturday and a few more to go yet before we get cold or rain. I’ve had it out now for three rides and expect to get out every day over the next few days. I’m in a rural area and am very luck to have a paved county road right off my drive that takes me right into the nearby town. It’s 6 miles with almost no traffic, surrounded by farmland, woodland and 5 or so creek crossings. The first stop for that road as it enters into town is a coffee shop.

I’ve got a few things on order, the usual add-ons: Cloud9 seat, grocery baskets, lock, mirrors. Will be using it for recreation and errands such as shopping. Our independent grocery store is just one mile past the coffee shop.

I used to be a regular cyclist until a knee injury back in 2000. Since then I’ve only been on a bike a couple times and only briefly. With the pedal assist I’m finding I can actually do a lot of pedaling and after three days no knee pain yet. Planning to ride 4-5 days a week with light to moderate peddling, an hour or two a day as much as my schedule allows.

A pic from my latest ride to a nearby park...

IMG_2248.jpeg

Attachments

• 941706B2-F85D-4649-938D-8DA6FE648217.jpeg
    941706B2-F85D-4649-938D-8DA6FE648217.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 412
Was it a 7spd cassette or a screw on freewheel?
As you have already learned from other posts we have a screw on freewheel. Amazon only sells the 11-28 or 14-28 freewheels but if you go to Aliexpress you can buy a 11-34 which will allow you to fear no hills and it's cheaper to boot but you have to wait longer to receive it.

For you battery geeks. I first saw this guy's vids last year when I was researching lithium motorhome batteries. He talked, and talked and talked some more (ever notice how youtube people just love to talk?) about electrical theory and he didn't impress me a whole lot. But now he's slicing open batteries and I am now a fan! These are 100 ah batteries suitable for use in a motorhome but scale it down and we're talking bike batteries.

How not to build a battery:

How to build a battery:
(Battle Borns were $949 last year and they're still $949 gosh darn it)

For you battery geeks. I first saw this guy's vids last year when I was researching lithium motorhome batteries. He talked, and talked and talked some more (ever notice how youtube people just love to talk?) about electrical theory and he didn't impress me a whole lot. But now he's slicing open batteries and I am now a fan! These are 100 ah batteries suitable for use in a motorhome but scale it down and we're talking bike batteries.

How not to build a battery:

How to build a battery:
(Battle Borns were $949 last year and they're still $949 gosh darn it)
How is this relevant to bike batteries?

How is this relevant to bike batteries?

Slow forum lately and I thought the vids were entertaining and relevant in regards to lithium battery construction techniques and the need for low temp shutoffs.

This is the second time someone on this forum has told me I'm off topic or posted something irrelevant. I should probably take the hint.

Slow forum lately and I thought the vids were entertaining and relevant in regards to lithium battery construction techniques and the need for low temp shutoffs.

This is the second time someone on this forum has told me I'm off topic or posted something irrelevant. I should probably take the hint.
Don't worry about going off topic. People can be douchey.

I watched the video and thought I was missing something in regards to bike batteries.

Just ignore and post what you want. I enjoyed the video, thanks!

Cool battery vids, I enjoyed them!! Crazy to see what China is doing once you get inside them...but not really surprised.

I have been taking a hiatus from the XP since it got colder and was pretty wet for awhile. May have to take her out and warm her up soon for a nice sunny, yet cold winter day! Would be neat to see if there is any battery degredation to using it on like 20-30 degree day?

Hello! I just got my XP this past Friday and wowzers is this bike fun. As luck would have it we’re in the middle of some very pleasant weather in Missouri. Been in the 50’s everyday since Saturday and a few more to go yet before we get cold or rain. I’ve had it out now for three rides and expect to get out every day over the next few days. I’m in a rural area and am very luck to have a paved county road right off my drive that takes me right into the nearby town. It’s 6 miles with almost no traffic, surrounded by farmland, woodland and 5 or so creek crossings. The first stop for that road as it enters into town is a coffee shop.

I’ve got a few things on order, the usual add-ons: Cloud9 seat, grocery baskets, lock, mirrors. Will be using it for recreation and errands such as shopping. Our independent grocery store is just one mile past the coffee shop.

I used to be a regular cyclist until a knee injury back in 2000. Since then I’ve only been on a bike a couple times and only briefly. With the pedal assist I’m finding I can actually do a lot of pedaling and after three days no knee pain yet. Planning to ride 4-5 days a week with light to moderate peddling, an hour or two a day as much as my schedule allows.

A pic from my latest ride to a nearby park...

View attachment 43097
I live in western Kansas City But we camp a lot in Missouri. the scenery looks familiar.

Thinking of upgrading my seat. It seems the cloud-9 and bikeroo are the two most popular when it comes to "comfy" cruiser type seats.

Anyone know which of the two is better or more comfy? Or does it just boil down to personal preference?

Back