Lectric XP

Where did you get the headlamp? Is it brighter than the stock lamp? Thanks!
If you buy this plug and solder in to this light you will be quite impressed at how bright it is..I use it almost every night to blast through trails in the pitch dark. I couldn't do that with the stock light

C$ 7.94 | BOLLFIT Julet 2pin3pin4pin5pin Waterproof Connector for Ebike Light Trottle Ebrake Display Ebike Parts Ebike Extend Cable
C$ 8.98 25%OFF | LEEPEE High Power 18W super bright Motorcycle Led light Fog White Headlight Working Light 12V/80V HA10584

If you buy this plug and solder in to this light you will be quite impressed at how bright it is..I use it almost every night to blast through trails in the pitch dark. I couldn't do that with the stock light

C$ 7.94 | BOLLFIT Julet 2pin3pin4pin5pin Waterproof Connector for Ebike Light Trottle Ebrake Display Ebike Parts Ebike Extend Cable
C$ 8.98 25%OFF | LEEPEE High Power 18W super bright Motorcycle Led light Fog White Headlight Working Light 12V/80V HA10584
Thank you very much!

I had started to say pretty much the same thing as a reply to you. But then figured you would figure this out on your own as I knew you would.0 I went through the same thing with the same POS about a year-and-a-half ago. It's tricky wording to make it seem like it's more than what it is...

The range is about ten-twelve feet, but what's worse is when the keys are under the newspaper 3 feet from my phone and the App says "Still connecting". I paid $7 for a pack of four, so I didn't lose too much. Better off with one of them UFO drones for 10 bucks. At least those will work for a few days..

The Tile is a product that works.

Well after owning my XP for just over 3 months I'm proud to say I have over 1000km on it now. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and have had very little problems. Anything that I was unable to correct myself was immediately taken care of by the staff at Lectric. I have had a blast losing 13 pounds and counting and still have lots of tread on the tires. I have done some minor adjustments and made the XP a little bit more personalized. I think this is a very solid bike and am really glad we bought a couple of them.
Darceman

Attachments

• 20191124_152435.jpg
    20191124_152435.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 572
  • 20191124_152500.jpg
    20191124_152500.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 680
Where did you get the headlamp? Is it brighter than the stock lamp? Thanks!
Here is another option for a headlamp that is much brighter than the stock one, I have both Darceman's light and this one on different bikes. The good about Darceman's light is it's brighter, seems to have a wider view or throw of the light, it runs off the bike battery and it takes up no space on your handlebar. The bad is it only has one setting, you have to do some mild wiring wizardry to connect it and you have to wait at least a month to receive it and the cable that you need to connect it. The other light that I have is about 85% as bright as Darceman's on the high setting, has 3 light levels as well as a brilliantly bright flash setting, and I don't know if it throws as wide a beam but what it does throw is very good. You do need a powerbank to power this light and what I did at first was use a rubber pad and a velcro strap to mount it to the top tube of the bike before I bought one of those little saddlebag thingees that can carry my phone and the powerbank. Amazon will ship it out in about a week and the price is about the same for either light. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0777KN8NW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• bike phone case.jpg
    bike phone case.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 511
  • bike light strap.jpg
    bike light strap.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 571
  • bike light2.jpg
    bike light2.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 477
  • bike strap2.jpg
    bike strap2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 471
Oops, it looks like my light does not exist anymore but I found the same light on Amazon that Darceman and I bought from Aliexpress and it comes with a handlebar mount and 1 day shipping! It does cost twice the Aliexpress price and you still have to wire it into the bikes electrical harness but the one day shipping is unbeatable if you need a light for winter riding. https://www.amazon.com/LEORX-12V-80...rds=bike+headlight+led&qid=1574650387&sr=8-63

I also found a replacement for my other light that runs off a powerbank if you don't want to play with wiring. This one also comes with 1 day shipping and is still pretty cheap and bright. https://www.amazon.com/SecurityIng-...ds=bike+headlight+led&qid=1574650867&sr=8-199

Car and RV charging. Let's do some simple electrical math for the non math people out there. Using an inverter to go from 12 volts to 120 volts we have a 10 to 1 ratio. If we need 1 amp of current at 120 volts we will need 10 amps of current at 12 volts. Most bike chargers are rated at 2 amps at 120 volts and therefore we will need to supply 20 amps of DC current. No system is 100% efficient so we have some losses to deal with. A good inverter can be 85% efficient. We have to make up for that 15% loss. 15% of our 20 amp draw is 3 amps. A 20 amp draw added to our 3 amps of conversion loss gives us 23 amps of 12 volt DC continuous draw off your battery and wiring. A cigarette lighter Jack will immediately fry under these loads. You will need 6-gauge wire tied directly into the battery or to a heavy-duty distribution bus. I'm going with the Samulex 300 watt pure sine wave inverter that darceman mentioned. Under good real life conditions, a 250 watt solar system can supply 13 amps of current to the battery banks offsetting the 23 amp inverter draw. Depending on the Sun, I may do a one or two hour boost charge of the bike battery. The remainder of the power I need for the RV. There are other creative ways to charge a battery while you're on the road. Radio license K2LED

We have been running a fleet of electric bikes off-grid for the last 4 years. For the first couple of weeks I used an inverter, but soon bought a 12v charger for our bikes, as using an inverter is inefficient (why convert from 12v DC to 240v AC and then back to 36v DC?). At the time these chargers were extremely hard to find, but now there appear to be a few on the market.

The charger we have usually draws a current of 6 amps (at 12 volts) and takes 6 hours to charge. It is running on a system with 750W solar, which also supplies a chest freezer. Even here in the UK (not ideal for solar), we can usually charge 5 days a week, except in the depths of winter where things can get hard.

I've seen on other forums where people think an ebike's battery can be charged with solar power. Well, yes it can, but you'd better have a lot of solar panels to handle the wattage and amp hours required. They take 4-6 hours to charge with a 2 amp charger on standard 120V household current alone. You're not going to get these babies charged up on a couple of small solar panels. That's why a lot of people buy an extra battery to extend range. Another idea would be to get that 300W sine inverter and charge the battery while travelling through an RV's electrical system. A lot of these inverters have DC adapters that you can plug into a cigarette lighter port to run them while on the move.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to use an inverter to charge their ebike battery. The bike batteries tend to be 36v DC - converting your 12v DC current to 120v AC and then back to 36v DC is a really inefficient way of doing things. Just buy a 12v (cigarette lighter socket) charger for your ebike.

I have been doing this for the last 4 years - it takes 4-6 hours and draws a current of 6 amps. A 250W panel would provide plenty of power most of the year. We have deep cycle batteries on our system and 750W of solar, which run a freezer and 4 electric bikes - it's generally enough even here in rainy UK.

Well after owning my XP for just over 3 months I'm proud to say I have over 1000km on it now. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and have had very little problems. Anything that I was unable to correct myself was immediately taken care of by the staff at Lectric. I have had a blast losing 13 pounds and counting and still have lots of tread on the tires. I have done some minor adjustments and made the XP a little bit more personalized. I think this is a very solid bike and am really glad we bought a couple of them.
Darceman
Congrats on 1k and 6 kg in weight. You are a great resource for this board and helped me a bunch. I know you are a Canuck, whereabouts? I am in Lake Havasu Az. for the winter but live in Kelowna. I had Vader delivered here and am enjoying the hell out of him, no real issues.

Congrats on 1k and 6 kg in weight. You are a great resource for this board and helped me a bunch. I know you are a Canuck, whereabouts? I am in Lake Havasu Az. for the winter but live in Kelowna. I had Vader delivered here and am enjoying the hell out of him, no real issues.
Thank you, glad I have been able to help it's awesome having a forum like this where we can share ideas..
I live in Langley. I get a little bit more inclement weather than you would in Arizona but still trying to ride as much as possible.😊 Oh yeah my bikes name is Dennis and the girlfriends is Myka...

Last edited:
Darceman
Darceman, did you change out your bell? If yes, link? Not impressed at all with one I ordered. Thanks-

Yes I did...I went with this bell as it is non abrasive sounding. I love the sound and doesn't scare people. This is it....
C$ 2.53 | Boutique Box Aluminum Loud Horn Bike Cycling Handlebar Alarm Ring Bicycle Bell Bicycle Parts 22.2mm-31.8mm Safety Riding Alarm

I really like the sound but I broke it and have decided to try this one that actually mimicks a bike bell but without the goofy looks.

C$ 11.53 32%OFF | Mini Electronic Bicycle Bell Upgraded Charging Bike Horn Rechargeable Low Noise Easy Install Cycling Accessories T-002S

Well...do ya punk? I gots ta know (following lines in the movie before Clint pulls the trigger on the guy)
🔔🔔 we have a winner. 😅 I didn't want to repeat the part where he describes his 44 mag. 😂 I need a sticker, The "loudest alarm in the world" is attached.

Last edited:
Yes I did...I went with this bell as it is non abrasive sounding. I love the sound and doesn't scare people. This is it....
C$ 2.53 | Boutique Box Aluminum Loud Horn Bike Cycling Handlebar Alarm Ring Bicycle Bell Bicycle Parts 22.2mm-31.8mm Safety Riding Alarm

I really like the sound but I broke it and have decided to try this one that actually mimicks a bike bell but without the goofy looks.

C$ 11.53 32%OFF | Mini Electronic Bicycle Bell Upgraded Charging Bike Horn Rechargeable Low Noise Easy Install Cycling Accessories T-002S
Thanks for the update. I purchsed the first one and found it has to be rotated just right on the handle bars to work. Must be the position of the striker. Thanks for this update. Might add it to my Black Friday list. There are some good BF prices on Aliexpress.

Thanks for the update. I purchsed the first one and found it has to be rotated just right on the handle bars to work. Must be the position of the striker. Thanks for this update. Might add it to my Black Friday list. There are some good BF prices on Aliexpress.
Hi!!!! Yes I really liked this bell it was attractive, subtle and it didn't upset people when I rang it. I broke it in a minor step off on my bike while going down a corner on a steep incline of pavement and gravel. After that its never been quite the same 🙁. So I thought I would try another approach. I'll keep the group informed of my thoughts on the new Bell.

Back