Lectric XP

I just tested the cruise function on my new 5xxx bike, works great!
Thank you!!! It is a good thing that a few test things here before saying it doesn't work. Had the same thing said when I posted about a thumb throttle the other day. If we don't share positive ideas, why even have a forum? I have learned so much from others that have shared that I continue to try things to try to give back.

I have my bike set up for class 3 and I ride it with no pas if the ground is flat or downhill otherwise the rest of the time I never stop peddling and usually am in level 1..or 2... I don't use the throttle I have a motorcycle for that lol...
I think there lies my problem. I get bored at 12 mph so I have been use PAS 3 in 7th gear averaging 18mph, but no pedal resistance. I think I am going to try the 11-28 gear set and see if that will give me more resistance and a better workout. Thanks for that feedback.

My brake and derailleur cables are all to long and the crimp ends at the end of the cables are also loose. I have had cables dragging weeds home and two of the ends have fallen off. One cable was hitting the spokes before bending it out. Just received these today, now I can cut the cables shorter and dress if the ends up to look a little nicer. I ordered the blue ones to match the trim. Working to get rid of the dime store looks that rides great, just missing finishing touches. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...RAG1TuE7bg_6SmGpAVitmG_S1rmjFkrJWmCq627raTo9s

New cable ends will help? I never even noticed. So much to learn :)
It probably just me. Comes from restoring and showing Corvettes for 25 years. I have a derailleur cable that is bent and twisted that could have a nicer look, so it will. 😁

Attachments

• 2019-10-27 12.49.18.jpg
    2019-10-27 12.49.18.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 498
  • 2019-10-27 12.58.25.jpg
    2019-10-27 12.58.25.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
I finally got my cargo trailer all setup and ready to go. It took a little bit of elbow grease and patience to get it just the way I wanted.

I assembled it, used Loctite Blue on all the threaded fittings, aired up the tires to 40 PSI, and attached it to my XP. Overall I think it looks and works well with our style of bike. The 20" wheels with the lowered rear rack provide plenty of clearance for the swing arm. Up, down, side to side it doesn't seem like it will be a problem making contact with the rear rack. The only thing I had to change was the factory metric hex bolts that attach to the seatpost. The factory bolts were too short so I ran to the hardware store and picked up some longer ones. Afterwards everything fit perfectly.

Here's some pictures I just took. Sorry it's so dark right now but I'll take more pictures in the daylight. I test drove it a few times around my neighborhood just to see what it felt like. For my test run I didn't install my battery and just rode the bike as is. I went over bumps, cracks, pot holes to get an idea of how it performed when empty. It does bounce around a bit so I will have to be cautious of this because the trailer is so light and does not have any form of suspension. But otherwise if the road is smooth this trailer is very easy to pull and although it was empty and lightweight it doesn't feel like it's even behind you. I'm sure with a full load and with pedal assist it won't be a problem either.

The beauty of electric motors is having instant torque off the line. I'll be able to haul a ton of groceries with this simple little trailer.

Also I took my XP to a local bike shop today for service. I had them adjust the derailleur and the brakes but also to start a business relationship with a local business that supports ebikes. As I mentioned before, most bike shops turned me away because of the fact that it is an ebike however this bike shop did not. I have to give a shout out to The Wheel Thing and Kevin that helped me out with service and knowledge. They are located at 417 N La Grange Rd, La Grange Park, IL 60526 and even sell a couple ebikes. Kevin took good care of me even on such a short notice so I can say I will be returning for repeat business and recommendations. Now my brakes feel better and my derailleur shifts much smoother than before. I know i could've done both of these things myself but I am more than satisfied with the results and experience.

Last edited:
I finally got my cargo trailer all setup and ready to go. It took a little bit of elbow grease and patience to get it just the way I wanted.

I assembled it, used Loctite Blue on all the threaded fittings, aired up the tires to 40 PSI, and attached it to my XP. Overall I think it looks and works well with our style of bike. The 20" wheels with the lowered rear rack provide plenty of clearance for the swing arm. Up, down, side to side it doesn't seem like it will be a problem making contact with the rear rack. The only thing I had to change was the factory metric hex bolts that attach to the seatpost. The factory bolts were too short so I ran to the hardware store and picked up some longer ones. Afterwards everything fit perfectly.

Here's some pictures I just took. Sorry it's so dark right now but I'll take more pictures in the daylight. I test drove it a few times around my neighborhood just to see what it felt like. For my test run I didn't install my battery and just rode the bike as is. I went over bumps, cracks, pot holes to get an idea of how it performed when empty. It does bounce around a bit so I will have to be cautious of this because the trailer is so light and does not have any form of suspension. But otherwise if the road is smooth this trailer is very easy to pull and although it was empty and lightweight it doesn't feel like it's even behind you. I'm sure with a full load and with pedal assist it won't be a problem either.

The beauty of electric motors is having instant torque off the line. I'll be able to haul a ton of groceries with this simple little trailer.

View attachment 40625

View attachment 40626

View attachment 40627

View attachment 40628

View attachment 40629

View attachment 40630

Also I took my XP to a local bike shop today for service. I had them adjust the derailleur and the brakes but also to start a business relationship with a local business that supports ebikes. As I mentioned before, most bike shops turned me away because of the fact that it is an ebike however this bike shop did not. I have to give a shout out to The Wheel Thing and Kevin that helped me out with service and knowledge. They are located at 417 N La Grange Rd, La Grange Park, IL 60526 and even sell a couple ebikes. Kevin took good care of me even on such a short notice so I can say I will be returning for repeat business and recommendations. Now my brakes feel better and my derailleur shifts much smoother than before. I know i could've done both of these things myself but I am more than satisfied with the results and experience.

Now that you've had a professional bike shop derailleur adjustment, and you have a setup like a pack mule, I'm curious to see if the inside of your chain has any wear marks already from the 7th gear cross-chaining? Mind taking a peek and a pic? Would only take a few seconds... have to really look close at the chain links on the inside of the chain closest to the bike.

I have my bike set up for class 3 and I ride it with no pas if the ground is flat or downhill otherwise the rest of the time I never stop peddling and usually am in level 1..or 2... I don't use the throttle I have a motorcycle for that lol...
I have two XP's ordered late July and received late Sept. I can get to all P1-P20 settings and changed P08-45, but noticed P17-000 and can not change but do have CRUISE Control which is great. Does this mean my controllers are locked or unlocked?

Mateo's Dad
Great find and share. Thank you for adding to the forum with a great ideas.
I would contact Lectric if the bike is still under warranty with that thing attached to it. I don't think that plastic reduction gears inside the motor will be happy about extra weight. Also if right now motor operates at max when going uphill what will happen to it with extra weight? What if you burn that motor because it can't handle the extra weight? Is the bike weight limits for that reason? Anyway I know nothing about it and if I was you I would ask people at Lectric.

I would contact Lectric if the bike is still under warranty with that thing attached to it. I don't think that plastic reduction gears inside the motor will be happy about extra weight. Also if right now motor operates at max when going uphill what will happen to it with extra weight? What if you burn that motor because it can't handle the extra weight? Is the bike weight limits for that reason? Anyway I know nothing about it and if I was you I would ask people at Lectric.
If the total weight is under the 330 lbs it's within limits. Gross weight rating is gross weight rating as long as it is not exceeded.

It looks like it was made to go with the XP, a great addition for grocery getting!

It really does fit the XP well and it can hold a decent amount of groceries for sure.

Mateo's Dad
Great find and share. Thank you for adding to the forum with a great ideas.

I enjoy participating in forums because in real life hardly anyone shares the same interests as me. But here we've got a community of like minded people which is very cool.

Now that you've had a professional bike shop derailleur adjustment, and you have a setup like a pack mule, I'm curious to see if the inside of your chain has any wear marks already from the 7th gear cross-chaining? Mind taking a peek and a pic? Would only take a few seconds... have to really look close at the chain links on the inside of the chain closest to the bike.

Sure no problem I'll get back to you with a pic later. The bike shop tech did say that getting into and out of 7th gear was a little slow. He basically summed up the Shimano Tourney drivetrain setup as garbage. In his opinion a weakness of our XPs. We spoke about possible future upgrades but otherwise I'm going to ride it as is.

I wasn't thinking about all of this but that's not a bad idea. I'll have to reach out to Lectric and see what they say on this topic.

Are there really plastic reduction gears inside the motor?! I would think metal would be the obvious material to use due to heat, turning and the twisting forces on those gears. Interesting.

According to Lectric's FAQ:

"What's the weight limit?

The suggested max weight for the bike is 275 lbs (124 kg) and the rear rack is rated for 50 lbs (22 kg)."

The manufacturer of the trailer says it weighs 22.05 lbs (10kg) and it's max load capacity is 88 lbs (39 kg).

I assume if I'm below the total max bike weight I should be okay. I did a grocery run already and it performed very well. I used mostly PAS 2 when loaded and put in my own effort to help the motor a bit. I'll report back what Lectric says.

Back