Lectric XP

Thanks for finding this. That's the battery RobK is talking about. It's slightly different than the other one posted. I have more research to do but I was ready to pull the trigger on the larger capacity battery but RobK made me think twice.

I say we bring things down a notch and keep the informative conversation going. We're all here to have fun and enjoy these ebikes and not be snappy with one another.
Looking at the brand name of the two links, the brand names are the same "Belicore" JMO but until they are compared side by side with the OEM battery, I wouldn't be afraid of one. I have used 3rd party batteries in my laptops for years. Some worked better than the Dell OEM batteries. The computers died long before the off brand batteries ever did.

Well I had no reason to lie to you. I tried to be nice guy here and I'm sure I saved you around $270. By doing that it looks like I'm a bad guy here because I didnt have time to explain why not to buy that battery. I just dont understand why you got so mad. Was it because I told you not to buy it or because battery that you wanted was no good for XP. Either way i see no reason to be rude. I promise you that you were 1st and last person on this forum that i told not to buy something. Next time I wi keep my mouth shut and let another person waste his/hers money.
Here xp oem open bat:

I can admit I was wrong for jumping the gun on you and expecting an explanation to why you stated what you did. I later realized I was impatient and rude so I apologized for that. You're not the bad guy man, I/we appreciate your help. But usually when someone does make a (bold) statement other people ask for proof, reasoning, or source.

I literally had two batteries in my shopping cart ready to buy and I didn't see why they weren't good for the XP. They all seem very compatible and they may have worked but you're able to see something else that might be more important. My plan is to replace my two 10.4ah batteries with two 14ah batteries or whatever is the largest capacity that fits the XP frame. I love being able to swap batteries and keep going.

What's inside the aluminum case?

Rob I'm not busting your balls, even thou you assumed I didn't know what I was talking about..

54v and shorting the pack out will not cause a fire, like I said lots of other things will fail before any real damage will occur. ok enough let's just agree to disagree.

I do agree it's kind of hard to find a match for the xp battery from china only because their ads don't give the best descriptions often giving specs on more than one battery in the same ad. If lectric sold a higher capacity pack I would tell them just to buy it from them...
Bob

Well I had no reason to lie to you. I tried to be nice guy here and I'm sure I saved you around $270. By doing that it looks like I'm a bad guy here because I didnt have time to explain why not to buy that battery. I just dont understand why you got so mad. Was it because I told you not to buy it or because battery that you wanted was no good for XP. Either way i see no reason to be rude. I promise you that you were 1st and last person on this forum that i told not to buy something. Next time I wi keep my mouth shut and let another person waste his/hers money.
Here xp oem open bat:

Rob I'm not busting your balls, even thou you assumed I didn't know what I was talking about..

54v and shorting the pack out will not cause a fire, like I said lots of other things will fail before any real damage will occur. ok enough let's just agree to disagree.

I do agree it's kind of hard to find a match for the xp battery from china only because their ads don't give the best descriptions often giving specs on more than one battery in the same ad. If lectric sold a higher capacity pack I would tell them just to buy it from them...
Bob
Sorry for my comment about you not knowing what you are talking about but it is you that keep assuming that short will only happen in bms or between air and bms.
In frame battery shell isnt that thick and it is not hard to puncture it. Having extra battery in backpack is dangerous because if you are in crash and that short happens between battery cells and bms then that bms is no help or if even one cell gets punctured you are in big trouble. Well I maybe wrong because I never had balls to test that like you did. Anyway I'm done with this topic.

RATTAN FATBEAR replacement battery $399.99 from their customer service dept. That's only $100 more than the LECTRIC XP replacement battery.

Felt like going for a ride tonight. It was cold and foggy but I really needed the fresh air to clear my head.

I swear even when I'm trying to stay in the shadows this bike ends up attracting attention. I met and chatted with a guy in a dark alley. Scary but fun.

I would eventually like to start a local ebike club and setup some rides together. I think that would be fun!

Last edited:
Tt

Hmmmm the two pics appear to contradict each other . . . or does the manufacturer vary the cable management according to different models ? Interesting . . .
A person that received a Rattan said the fully wrapped cables were photos of the proto type. The production model is what is pictured in the photo with the inventory of bikes. The XP also had a few changes from proto type to production. A bottom stand was added so the bike would stand up while folded. A derailleur guard was added to protect the derailleur guards from being bent. The last change was the controllers were locked down with only a few functions changeable.

Just watched this old but informative video on 48v vs 52v ebike batteries general comparison. Apparently this can be an upgrade path for our XPs. Possibly a little more speed and range without the need to upgrade the controller. Although I don't know if this would work with those such as myself that have locked controllers. Anyone here have any experiences doing such?

I thought this was pretty cool. It's unlikely any of us will be making our own batteries but it's still neat to see this type of DIY.

Last edited:
😒 Hm... seems awfully quiet in here lately. I can hear the crickets and see tumbleweed flying by in the wind. I guess I'll just keep the ball rolling.

So tonight I had to go on another ride however this time it wasn't strictly for fun. Of course riding my XP is always fun and makes me smile but this time I needed to go drop off precious cargo to my son. I had some groceries to deliver and no vehicle to do so with. So I did the next best thing! I loaded up my XP and backpack with as much stuff as I could. I was able to fit 4 half gallons of milk into the Lectric panniers and some other miscellaneous items into my backpack. It got heavy very quickly and I was a little scared about transporting this much cargo over a ~10 mile distance. I estimate I was carrying around 20+ lbs of groceries. After loading up the bike I set my PAS to 2 and set out on my trip.

I wanted to avoid going too fast and possibly falling or losing control of the bike. PAS 2 was perfect because it provided just enough torque to get me going from a dead stop and enough speed (about 12-14 mph) to make the one way trip in under an hour. This ebike keeps surprising me every time I throw a new challenge at it. Although I felt the extra weight in cornering ability the bike handled it very well during the steady ride all the way there. The brakes are definitely strong enough to slow down the additional mass and momentum. I eventually made it to my destination and delivered the groceries safely. I could not be happier with the experience!

On my ride back I set the PAS to 3 and hurried back home. Not only was I traveling closer to 20 mph but I really felt the difference in less weight, less mass, no load. I had plenty of battery left enough to go for an additional ride but that'll have to wait for another day.

So this ride got me thinking. I really NEED to upgrade my cargo carrying capacity and make it easier to transport my precious payload. I went online and I order this bad boy:

1571727971529.png

1571728046517.png

1571728143178.png

1571728260660.png

For $83.35 I feel this cargo trailer is really going to pay dividends for transporting a lot of precious groceries and other such cargo. I love that the plastic bin is removable, the trailer has handles and is easily detachable from its seat post attachment so I can take it into a grocery store and use it as a shopping cart. It has plenty of reflectors, air-filled tube tires, a steel frame and a waterproof cover. Maximum payload is 88 lbs if needed and likely at a lower center of gravity than in my panniers (likely stronger too consider the cargo carrying material). I plan on ordering another set of head/tail lights to attach to this trailer in order to increase my presence amongst traffic. I look forward to testing this setup when it arrives making it easier to transport groceries and other such cargo to and fro.

Last edited:
That looks awesome at a great price. I was also beginning to think this forum died.
Yesterday I was doing some testing for 2.5 mile using the throttle only. Ouch! that hurt, came home and ordered 2 of these, one for each bike, instantly. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...vAuA-sRaxQhaw6Iwmc87yMgwMHupBANTjFDqzndJpTt7k
Did not know they made these, just ordered 4, two for my bike and a couple for my cousins bike. They were so cheap figured I would get a spare incase one broke.

😒 Hm... seems awfully quiet in here lately. I can hear the crickets and see tumbleweed flying by in the wind. I guess I'll just keep the ball rolling.

So tonight I had to go on another ride however this time it wasn't strictly for fun. Of course riding my XP is always fun and makes me smile but this time I needed to go drop off precious cargo to my son. I had some groceries to deliver and no vehicle to do so with. So I did the next best thing! I loaded up my XP and backpack with as much stuff as I could. I was able to fit 4 half gallons of milk into the Lectric panniers and some other miscellaneous items into my backpack. It got heavy very quickly and I was a little scared about transporting this much cargo over a ~10 mile distance. I estimate I was carrying around 20+ lbs of groceries. After loading up the bike I set my PAS to 2 and set out on my trip.

I wanted to avoid going too fast and possibly falling or losing control of the bike. PAS 2 was perfect because it provided just enough torque to get me going from a dead stop and enough speed (about 12-14 mph) to make the one way trip in under an hour. This ebike keeps surprising me every time I throw a new challenge at it. Although I felt the extra weight in cornering ability the bike handled it very well during the steady ride all the way there. The brakes are definitely strong enough to slow down the additional mass and momentum. I eventually made it to my destination and delivered the groceries safely. I could not be happier with the experience!

On my ride back I set the PAS to 3 and hurried back home. Not only was I traveling closer to 20 mph but I really felt the difference in less weight, less mass, no load. I had plenty of battery left enough to go for an additional ride but that'll have to wait for another day.

So this ride got me thinking. I really NEED to upgrade my cargo carrying capacity and make it easier to transport my precious payload. I went online and I order this bad boy:

View attachment 40342

View attachment 40343

View attachment 40344

View attachment 40345

For $83.35 I feel this cargo trailer is really going to pay dividends for transporting a lot of precious groceries and other such cargo. I love that the plastic bin is removable, the trailer has handles and is easily detachable from its seat post attachment so I can take it into a grocery store and use it as a shopping cart. It has plenty of reflectors, air-filled tube tires, a steel frame and a waterproof cover. Maximum payload is 88 lbs if needed and likely at a lower center of gravity than in my panniers (likely stronger too consider the cargo carrying material). I plan on ordering another set of head/tail lights to attach to this trailer in order to increase my presence amongst traffic. I look forward to testing this setup when it arrives making it easier to transport groceries and other such cargo to and fro.
That is awesome...it's tempting just to buy it because it's such a good deal and probably very handy

It's only been so quiet as everyone is now getting their bikes and are out riding them and smiling!

Nothing like posting up behind a few spandex cyclists only to be held back because you can't pass as there are people coming the other way! Sometimes I try to coast when rolling by, so they cannot hear the sound of my electric motor then once ahead, start pedaling again so it kicks in and I'm long gone.

I think I am far different from most people on here, in that my bike primarily stays in gear #7, I rarely take it out of that gear, guess you can call it the need for speed? HA.

That is awesome...it's tempting just to buy it because it's such a good deal and probably very handy

I will admit, other than the long lasting smiles it puts on my face, I live in a town where most everything is accessible within 3-4 miles MAX. The sheer convenience or even WANTING to just have any reason to run down the street and grab something on the Lectric is always on your mind...

It's only been so quiet as everyone is now getting their bikes and are out riding them and smiling!

Nothing like posting up behind a few spandex cyclists only to be held back because you can't pass as there are people coming the other way! Sometimes I try to coast when rolling by, so they cannot hear the sound of my electric motor then once ahead, start pedaling again so it kicks in and I'm long gone.

I think I am far different from most people on here, in that my bike primarily stays in gear #7, I rarely take it out of that gear, guess you can call it the need for speed? HA.
7th gear is my hangout also, but wanting an 8th gear

Back