Lectric XP

So how's that plan for sectioning off those poor souls waiting on their bikes working out? lol I miss being a part of that thread.

The thrill of victory. The agony of defeat. The raw emotion of having your hopes dashed while some lucky f*ck gets his bike a week before you and your number was 300 lower than his. Now that's living!

Whew, I digress. Let's get back to talking about bells and curb feelers. :)

Re settings: in reviewing the manual, there are now only 4 settings listed you can change: PO1 (backlight), PO2 (KPH/MPH), PO8 (Top Speed), PO16 (reset ODO). That's it. There is also this statement:

I might have the same version of the manual as you. Mine also lists those 4 things and says "Ensure you do not change settings that are not listed in the above table". But it lets me change P11 "PAS sensitivity" and P12 "PAS strength". So I tried setting P11 down to 1 today for faster response and I couldn't tell the difference. (I'm just fooling around in a hilly campground parking lot, serious testing is not possible here).

Last edited:
Warranty, insurance safety, Does that mean there is a recall on the 3000 bikes sold before the controllers we're locked. Are they sending new controllers to those people because they're in danger?1 Or now is it an opening for lawsuits because they sold an unsafe product. I doubt it. It may be trivial to some not to me. But I sure wish I was getting the bikes that I paid for after getting excited reading on EBR about the different adjustments people were making. Sorry I'm not a Stepford type person that's just accepting of more restrictions. I'm old enough to have seen too many personal freedoms taken away in my life time. What's most surprising to me is how many in the flock don't care Baaaah baaaah!

Sooo. Lectric finally got back with me. It's not exactly the outcome I wanted but I guess it will have to do. They offered for me to send them my controller and display and they will reprogram it for me. Guess I get to start ripping out some guts of the bike this weekend :(
Would you mind posting pictures of you controller while you have it out? It would be nice to know what is actually in there. Also I wonder, how do they reprogram it? Maybe they will just send you one of the earlier controllers. . .

Rode 30 km last night.. Wow this seat is a major improvement.. It really is better than I expected. I didn't realize how bad the other seat was. The only reason I bought this seat was for the looks. Glad I did as it matches the bike perfectly and feels so much better.
FYI Amazon has them now for $14.99

Who has the highest order number received (not just shipped) so far?
This was posted on FB yesterday. 4185 is delivering today They blew through the 3000's in about 2 weeks. Looks like they are getting caught up. If all the preorders are caught up, they may drop the preordering prices. Depends what the competition does.

Warranty, insurance safety, Does that mean there is a recall on the 3000 bikes sold before the controllers we're locked. Are they sending new controllers to those people because they're in danger?1 Or now is it an opening for lawsuits because they sold an unsafe product. I doubt it. It may be trivial to some not to me. But I sure wish I was getting the bikes that I paid for after getting excited reading on EBR about the different adjustments people were making. Sorry I'm not a Stepford type person that's just accepting of more restrictions. I'm old enough to have seen too many personal freedoms taken away in my life time. What's most surprising to me is how many in the flock don't care Baaaah baaaah!
Hurry up and cancel before they ship it. That will show em

Received my black bike yesterday and just did my first test run.

The Good:
  1. Very well packed, took me half an hour to get it out of the box and unfold. No dents/scratches.
  2. Pedal wasn't loose. Derailleur wasn't bent. I was able to go to max gear without problem.
  3. Very well made robust bike. I liked the bike in person more than the pics/video.
  4. Ridden over 6 miles. No battery rattling sound so far.
  5. I did about 500ft of climb over couple of miles on PAS 3. It felt smooth like a butter cruising around 18mph.
The Bad:
  1. The seat is not impressive. Its hitting all the wrong and delicate nerves. It will be replaced.
  2. Brakes pads are lightly rubbing against the disc on rolling and making squeaky sound.
  3. The gear shift is not as smooth as I prefer and it often makes clanking sound.
  4. Handle bars are too narrow for me. At 20mph I just didn't feel safe enough.
  5. Handle grips didnt feel good in my hand either. I found its very easy to accidentally turn on the throttle. I dont think i'll be using throttle; but its always on and I cant change that settings as its locked.
The Ugly:
  1. In the excitement of unpacking I scratched both front and back fenders.
  2. While trying to go into settings, I accidentally turned on the WALK mode. The bike went ahead and crashed into a table. Resulting in one scratch on the fork and broken front bike reflector.
  3. I rode the bike this morning along with my GPS.
    1. GPS says - 6.24 mile with max speed 21.9 mph
    2. Bike displays - 5.2 mile with max speed 21.8 mph
    3. Correct distance is important for me even if speed data is not accurate. So this was less than desirable.
Ill be taking my bike to a mechanic today to get the brake and shifter checked up. Also, will evaluate the options for wider handlebars.

The Good:
  1. Very well packed, took me half an hour to get it out of the box and unfold. No dents/scratches.
  2. Pedal wasn't loose. Derailleur wasn't bent. I was able to go to max gear without problem.
  3. Very well made robust bike. I liked the bike in person more than the pics/video.
  5. I did about 500ft of climb over couple of miles on PAS 3. It felt smooth like a butter cruising around 18mph.
The Bad:
  1. The seat is not impressive. Its hitting all the wrong and delicate nerves. It will be replaced.
  2. Brakes pads are lightly rubbing against the disc on rolling and making squeaky sound.
  3. The gear shift is not as smooth as I prefer and it often makes clanking sound.
  5. Handle grips didnt feel good in my hand either. I found its very easy to accidentally turn on the throttle. I dont think i'll be using throttle; but its always on and I cant change that settings as its locked.
The Ugly:
  2. While trying to go into settings, I accidentally turned on the WALK mode. The bike went ahead and crashed into a table. Resulting in one scratch on the fork and broken front bike reflector.
    3. Correct distance is important for me even if speed data is not accurate. So this was less than desirable.
Ill be taking my bike to a mechanic today to get the brake and shifter checked up. Also, will evaluate the options for wider handlebars.
What was your shipment number range? 30xx etc.

It goes back to all the changes people were making and screwing everything up. The number of calls Lectric had must have been astronomical. If you look at the owners manual, nothing is locked down that is stated in the manual. They locked down items that everyone was talking about on the forums, not the owners manual that Lectric published. I looked at the ad videos again and the only mention was speed change to 28 mph and that has not changed. I have not seen anything misrepresented by Lectric, only people on the forums saying what the "use" to be able to do.
If I was the manufacture, I sure would not be taking the number of calls of people breaking their bikes that were uncalled for, not when I am back ordered for 2 months trying to get bikes out. JMO.

Nice report. PLEASE let us know what the bike shop says about the brakes squeaking. I have been fighting one for 2 weeks and it keeps coming back. Cleaned, adjusted, adjusted again and it came back again yesterday. Thanks!

The Good:
The Bad:
The Ugly:

Good writeup. I accidentally turned on walk mode too. Boy that's an eye opener when it happens. Now I don't go into settings without my hand on the brake.
Yeah at 20mph those narrow handlebars are an adventure, especially going downhill.
Still waiting on new seat to arrive and I probably wasted money on it. That pic of a tractor seat that someone posted has me thinking that's the one for me.

Good writeup. I accidentally turned on walk mode too. Boy that's an eye opener when it happens. Now I don't go into settings without my hand on the brake.
Yeah at 20mph those narrow handlebars are an adventure, especially going downhill.
Still waiting on new seat to arrive and I probably wasted money on it. That pic of a tractor seat that someone posted has me thinking that's the one for me.
That was me with the tractor seat lol and it is awesome.

I'm thinking about getting a Handlebar with an 80mm rise so that it is up higher. Has anyone bought such a handlebar and had any problems with it? like the cables not being long enough after installing?

Back