Lectric XP

It goes back to all the changes people were making and screwing everything up. The number of calls Lectric had must have been astronomical. If you look at the owners manual, nothing is locked down that is stated in the manual. They locked down items that everyone was talking about on the forums, not the owners manual that Lectric published. I looked at the ad videos again and the only mention was speed change to 28 mph and that has not changed. I have not seen anything misrepresented by Lectric, only people on the forums saying what the "use" to be able to do.
If I was the manufacture, I sure would not be taking the number of calls of people breaking their bikes that were uncalled for, not when I am back ordered for 2 months trying to get bikes out. JMO.
Thank you I so agree with you. I wonder if the bikes were locked from the very beginning I bet you the same people that are complaining would still be ordering them as they wouldn't know differently.

Nice report. PLEASE let us know what the bike shop says about the brakes squeaking. I have been fighting one for 2 weeks and it keeps coming back. Cleaned, adjusted, adjusted again and it came back again yesterday. Thanks!
Fixed the squeaking brake problem finally. Followed this video except did everything on the bike using a paper towel with alcohol to clean the pads while still mounted. Also centered the caliper by loosening the screws, appiled the brakes, then tighten the mounting screws back down. Worked perfect, now going to do the other bike.

This was posted on FB yesterday. 4185 is delivering today They blew through the 3000's in about 2 weeks. Looks like they are getting caught up. If all the preorders are caught up, they may drop the preordering prices. Depends what the competition does.
They did get through the 3ks fast.

It goes back to all the changes people were making and screwing everything up. The number of calls Lectric had must have been astronomical. If you look at the owners manual, nothing is locked down that is stated in the manual. They locked down items that everyone was talking about on the forums, not the owners manual that Lectric published. I looked at the ad videos again and the only mention was speed change to 28 mph and that has not changed. I have not seen anything misrepresented by Lectric, only people on the forums saying what the "use" to be able to do.
If I was the manufacture, I sure would not be taking the number of calls of people breaking their bikes that were uncalled for, not when I am back ordered for 2 months trying to get bikes out. JMO.
Agreed

Received my black bike yesterday and just did my first test run.

The Good:
  1. Very well packed, took me half an hour to get it out of the box and unfold. No dents/scratches.
  2. Pedal wasn't loose. Derailleur wasn't bent. I was able to go to max gear without problem.
  3. Very well made robust bike. I liked the bike in person more than the pics/video.
  4. Ridden over 6 miles. No battery rattling sound so far.
  5. I did about 500ft of climb over couple of miles on PAS 3. It felt smooth like a butter cruising around 18mph.
The Bad:
  1. The seat is not impressive. Its hitting all the wrong and delicate nerves. It will be replaced.
  2. Brakes pads are lightly rubbing against the disc on rolling and making squeaky sound.
  3. The gear shift is not as smooth as I prefer and it often makes clanking sound.
  4. Handle bars are too narrow for me. At 20mph I just didn't feel safe enough.
  5. Handle grips didnt feel good in my hand either. I found its very easy to accidentally turn on the throttle. I dont think i'll be using throttle; but its always on and I cant change that settings as its locked.
The Ugly:
  1. In the excitement of unpacking I scratched both front and back fenders.
  2. While trying to go into settings, I accidentally turned on the WALK mode. The bike went ahead and crashed into a table. Resulting in one scratch on the fork and broken front bike reflector.
  3. I rode the bike this morning along with my GPS.
    1. GPS says - 6.24 mile with max speed 21.9 mph
    2. Bike displays - 5.2 mile with max speed 21.8 mph
    3. Correct distance is important for me even if speed data is not accurate. So this was less than desirable.
Ill be taking my bike to a mechanic today to get the brake and shifter checked up. Also, will evaluate the options for wider handlebars.
Going to take mine to local bike shop. Just think of all the business these ebikes are bringing to local bike shops

Thank you I so agree with you. I wonder if the bikes were locked from the very beginning I bet you the same people that are complaining would still be ordering them as they wouldn't know differently.
The only way they could have found out before owning one is on social media. Nothing to do last night, I went through all of the Lectric promo videos and manual. The only thing I found was the first 35 MPH video, which was later changed, and aluminum fender. The 4 settings as stated in the owners manual are not locked down. To my knowlwedge that is all that was ever stated by Lectric.

nobody is stopping you from buying a fast ebike...
If 7-11 stopped selling coffee all you have to do is shop somewhere else.
lectric decided to change what it's selling, if you don't like what they offer no big deal buy a bike somewhere else.
on public roads it's your government that sets the laws how fast you can go on your bike, don't like it make a call, write a letter, heck go talk to your rep.
here's a bike that won't hold you back.

[LEFT][B][SIZE=16px][FONT=Open Sans][COLOR=rgb(102, 153, 0)]Tommy B[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT]
You got me
Sooo , your happy to order a new Chey after reading that others that already received theirs state that even though the top speed limit anywhere in the land is 75mph they have acceleration and top speed of 90+mph. But when you receive yours the manufacturer has put a governor on it that limits it to 75mph affecting not only top speed but also acceleration without notifying you of the change. Still happy , just happy to go along? Then you may be the lickspittle part of the flock I was talking about. Happy to give up your personal freedoms to be taken care of by the State?
:)

This guy has an idea!

Attachments

• 40 Gallon Tote.png
    40 Gallon Tote.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 546
  • 40 Gallon Tote (2).png
    40 Gallon Tote (2).png
    561.8 KB · Views: 531
Back