Lectric XP

Glad to hear that. I ordered one a day or two later. should be here soon. Old Biker, link for seat, they went up $2. since I ordered. might check other vendors on AliExpress. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32971120473.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.18c74c4d0qLlvw
Rode 30 km last night.. Wow this seat is a major improvement.. It really is better than I expected. I didn't realize how bad the other seat was. The only reason I bought this seat was for the looks. Glad I did as it matches the bike perfectly and feels so much better.

Yes. They were out of the Laclede case-hardened chain which I had ordered because it was cheaper and just as hard. They had shipped the wrong Laclede chain, the stuff that was just through hardened. They caught it before it even arrived to my house. They have the pewag coming in it's Place for no extra charge. Don't order the Laclede case-hardened from them because they're out of it now and have more on the way. They might make the same screwed up delivery to you. Get the pewag, goodshit. Call them they might work with you. You can switch the locks up and stuff also that they have on their packages. You can get 10% off for ordering online but they'll probably give it to you on the phone too. The Rockwell hardness that they list is the interior hardness not what the exterior is after becoming case-hardened, it's like 62 on the Rockwell scale while bolt cutters have a hardness of about 58. That's what they tell me anyways. They said they're going to update their web page include the exterior hardness.
That's some serious chain 👍

Not faulting anybody for their choice of locking their bikes. I noticed on the chain website it is sold by the foot, which means they are cutting it easily to sell small quantities.. It's a a fact thieves watch these videos just like we do. Where a person parks his bike is just as important as the type of lock they use. If you are in NYC you need the Pew Wee Herman locking system. If your stopping for a beer at the end of the Myrtle Beach Pier, the chances of someone walking to the end of the pier with a bag of bike theft tools are slim to none. JMO

Someone once asked a bankrobber why he robbed banks and he said "because that's where the money is".

Bike thieves are as mobile as anybody else. They drive cars. So is a bike thief going to sit around waiting for bikes to come to him? Nope. He's going to cruise the parking lots where the bikes are. Campuses are probably high on his list. Walmarts and Targets too. Retirement communities for sure. Whereever he can find bikes and especially ebikes.

All this recent discuss about locking bikes up reminds me of one time back in college.... during my first year, rather than keeping my mountain bike in my room (because it was a tiny single), I stored it in the communal lounge. I used a U bar lock and locked it to a.........FOLDING METAL CHAIR!

What a dumbass. Dudes came to the college in the middle of the night with a box truck and apparently walked away with like 26 bikes or something like that. Mine was easily clipped or just taken for easy chair removal later, as I don't specifically recall if they left the chair or not. The lounge door was supposed to be locked always, but yeah, "communal" and "college"....

It gets mighty cold here in Wisconsin, just wondering if anybody has some good suggestions on a decent balaclava for fall riding.

Someone once asked a bankrobber why he robbed banks and he said "because that's where the money is".

Bike thieves are as mobile as anybody else. They drive cars. So is a bike thief going to sit around waiting for bikes to come to him? Nope. He's going to cruise the parking lots where the bikes are. Campuses are probably high on his list. Walmarts and Targets too. Retirement communities for sure. Whereever he can find bikes and especially ebikes.
That I totally agree with that and just my point. If your bike is being used where cars can't go, the end of piers, on paved bike paths, then locked in a secured area at night, do I need 40 lbs of chain? If parking in areas of high traffic and a magnet for bike thefts, I'd probably carry a trailer of PeeWee Heman logging chain.

It gets mighty cold here in Wisconsin, just wondering if anybody has some good suggestions on a decent balaclava for fall riding.
Would this work?

Attachments

• 2019-09-27 08_12_39-Amazon.com_ YuDanae Novelty Viking Warrior Helmet with Golden Wig Beard Ha...png
    2019-09-27 08_12_39-Amazon.com_ YuDanae Novelty Viking Warrior Helmet with Golden Wig Beard Ha...png
    350 KB · Views: 234
Not sure how you would wear that with a helmet but you could get a leather triangle from a motorcycle shop kind of like the old Cowboys used to wear if they're robbing a bank those work great

Not sure how you would wear that with a helmet but you could get a leather triangle from a motorcycle shop kind of like the old Cowboys used to wear if they're robbing a bank those work great
And you don't have to cover your mouth with it either

Has anybody tried something like this?

(at the 2:50 mark)

It's not cheap but it might be big enough to carry an extra battery, and it'd be an easy way to carry valuables into say a restaurant.

I agree. I have no problem with them deciding to lock the settings down for future-proofing it. The problem is they didn't tell us or give us an opportunity to say, you're changing what? Ok, cancel my order and issue a refund. That would have been the ethical thing to do. The great customer support thing to do. Instead, they just changed it and I'm guessing hoping no backlash would happen. 2 or 3 folks being upset on the forums doesn't equal out to be a crap ton of people, but I think its going to cost them several good sales they could have gotten. Considering who they started people out prototyping these things, it seems to be geared more towards less techy folks. Again, I'm fine with that as well. Just make things right with me, the customer that got caught in the crossfire, and I'm fine. I won't hold any ill will. In fact, that would just make them look better, having customer support that does care.
I totally agree with your thoughts. They do need to make it right with people like us that pre-ordered the bike, built it on our money that was placed up front, and expected those controls to be adjustable.

Has anybody tried something like this?

(at the 2:50 mark)

It's not cheap but it might be big enough to carry an extra battery, and it'd be an easy way to carry valuables into say a restaurant.
I would be interested also in knowing if anybody knows if the Topeak rack will fit the Lectric xp.

Hey guys took my bike out tonight, I cannot change the tire size, I'm one of the guys that just got theirs this week. I rode to my father-in-law's house. On my phone I turned on "map my ride" it showed 4.9 miles. The bike showed 3.7 miles. I immediately downloaded a new speedo app and reset the trip odometer. Set off again. Stopped when bike odo showed 3.7 miles and checked my new app. Guess what 4.9 miles. I live in an area where the main roads are exactly 1 mile apart so I checked my new speedo app and it was correct. So then rode the bike for one mile on its odometer and check the speedo app, it showed 1.3 MI. So for every 1 mile on my bile odo im actually doing 1.3. Just good to know when your estimating a trip. It also made my 25 mile full charge first run a more respectable 33 miles. Happy trails. Not complaining just fyi. I also posted this on the range link to this thread but nobodys looking or posting there i think.
Before I get flamed for making this comment and I understand about the settings deal. There must be something wrong with one of the sensors on the bike, but we know different:)

Last edited:
Back