Lectric XP

My bike is scheduled to arrive today. I do plan to dial in the accuracy of the speedometer to match a handheld gps. I will start with the 22.2 size and tweak from there if needed. It may be that one decimal point is all we have to play with. I would expect accuracy of the odometer to carry over as well. Bought my helmet yesterday but put off buying any other goodies till I actually have the bike in my hands. Maybe some road tires and a different seat/seatpost are in my future.

It would have been easier for me to have kept all the info in the one thread but as more people get the bikes, it will make sense to have more threads. I dont need someone to organize my desk for me LOL.
i know right. I have two bumps all over through different headings to find out what I need to know

A Public Service Announcement.
Kawanias in most major areas has a bike program reconditioning bikes all year and gives them away to underprivileged children at Christmas. http://www.kiwanisbikes.org/ The web site show NV, but they have it here in my small town of FL as well.
Many of us are removing brand new seats, posts, etc that we will never use. I hope people will consider donating their unwanted accessories, no matter how big or small to this worthy organization. Our wimpy bells that most of us will throw away will make a kids that has never had one smile from ear to ear. Our seat will be totally "racer" to them.

I drive a pickup and every time I see a bike out at the street for trash pickup, it goes in the back of the truck to drop off at Kawanias. I have been involved with this program for years and it it a great program. They would love to have your takeoffs to make an old bike new again to go to a needy person.
that is really good info. I had no idea. Maybe even people could donate their bikes without a motor on them that they're never going to ride again. I'm going to look that up here in Michigan right now.

that is really good info. I had no idea. Maybe even people could donate their bikes without a motor on them that they're never going to ride again. I'm going to look that up here in Michigan right now.
Thank you! Over the years I'll bet I have picked up over 100 bikes put out at the curb that people just weren't riding anymore, some in like new condition. I drop them off at my local Kiwanis thrift store, they have a truck that picks them up or they will pickup at your house. Don't worry about condition, if a wheel is broken they will replace it, scrap the old metal parts then take the money to purchase new parts to repair other bikes. The program goes on an on with what they do with donated bike. http://www.kiwanisbikes.org/repair.html

I got 6.2 miles without the battery going down one bar on pas1. i took it to pas2 just getting home on a hill.
How many more miles would I have gone? Has anyone else tried this?

Attachments

• 20190920_125333.jpg
    20190920_125333.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 320
FYI This was posted by @99cstore over on the Where's My XP thread:

Just got off the phone with Lectric.

I asked about my order #346X because I saw some people with #37XX with tracking numbers.
They told me that they've created label up to order number #4000.
and they have to manually go into the computer and change the status into fulfilled.
So you will probably be getting a tracking number soon if you are 4000 and below.

I got 6.2 miles without the battery going down one bar on pas1. i took it to pas2 just getting home on a hill.
How many more miles would I have gone? Has anyone else tried this?
A lot depends on that, your weight, how much tire pressure, totally flat terrain, head wind or tail wind. It would be just a guess to answer a question like that accurately. Ride the bike a lot and make log.

I guess since this forum has been so split up, there is nothing going on any more. :(

Curious if many others have changed the P06 setting from a 20 inch tires to the 22.2 size of the fat tires? Did you find a more accurate reading of the odometer?

As expected the bike did arrive today. Rode about 7 miles so far. Handle bar is just a little crooked and I will need to find how that adjusts. Seat has to go. Might swap with the one on my old bike or probably get the comfy one that has been discussed on here.

Having trouble adjusting the tire size to 20.2. Pushing the up and down arrows and holding them gets me to the settings area. Mode button will toggle me to P06. Trying to change the value from 20.0 I can get it to flash bay tapping the up key several times but can not get it to change. What am I missing?

I got my bike today. So about the smell of rubber from the tires... I'm fulltiming in a motorhome and I cleared a spot so I can keep the bike inside. Do I have a bike carrier in my future or is the smell going to go away? Serious question, I'm not joking. (I have not ridden the bike yet)

I got my bike today. So about the smell of rubber from the tires... I'm fulltiming in a motorhome and I cleared a spot so I can keep the bike inside. Do I have a bike carrier in my future or is the smell going to go away? Serious question, I'm not joking. (I have not ridden the bike yet)

If you think the outside of the tires smell bad, let a little air out while they are inside the RV! Yes, the smell should subside pretty quickly. Try scrubbing with some soapy water also.

Back