Lectric XP

You need the blue Loktite though, it's not permanent! I had tightened my pedals as soon as they came out of the box but one of them still worked loose so everybody should probably use some Loktite just in case.

15mm is .59 inches. That is more than just tight. So far the reversible clamp idea sounds the best to me and I might have to source one out and make sure I carry it with me.
This one looks good, but it's a little pricy:

it clamps to 6 inch, but spreads to 9.

I was wondering if you could DIY one with a turnbuckle and some rubber feet?

Playing devils advocate, if you can't find the bike, how do you find parts for it if needed? I had a local bike shop 2 months ago that I looked at their $2,195 folding bike that did not compare to the XP. Last week I popped a tube installing Slime, so I went over to that shop to hopfully buy a tube. You guessed it, gone, closed up. If I would have bought that $2,195 bike, the service I would have paid for left in the UHaul.
Oh I get it. I was just wondering if someone has heard of the brand, it is a cool looking bike. Hopefully I gt my XP before October so I can still enjoy some riding before it gets too cold.

I bought 2 XP’s and I do notice that the back rack and fender do not line up 100% correct with the tire. A poster about 2 weeks ago said he complained and they fixed it. Didn’t say how. Now I know when it’s new we want everything perfect. I put they pannier bags on and you can’t notice it any longer. I’m just letting it go. At $900 when everyone else is selling it for $1500 I can let the little things go.

BTW, I took the key out of the lock for the first time in about a week. It is bent. Apparently the battery must move around in the case. I just hammered it flat.

This one looks good, but it's a little pricy:

it clamps to 6 inch, but spreads to 9.

I was wondering if you could DIY one with a turnbuckle and some rubber feet?
Or grade 8, 5/8 threaded rod
I bought 2 XP’s and I do notice that the back rack and fender do not line up 100% correct with the tire. A poster about 2 weeks ago said he complained and they fixed it. Didn’t say how. Now I know when it’s new we want everything perfect. I put they pannier bags on and you can’t notice it any longer. I’m just letting it go. At $900 when everyone else is selling it for $1500 I can let the little things go.

BTW, I took the key out of the lock for the first time in about a week. It is bent. Apparently the battery must move around in the case. I just hammered it flat.
I had posted earlier that you could use the plastic protector that is in the box as a shim for the battery. Once you have it wedged inside the frame with the battery. The battery won't move around and the key won't bend. I initially did this because I could feel the battery banging around inside when I went over bumps etc. drove me crazy

No. Let that be a lesson.
Glad you weren't hurt. There is a guy on the Facebook user group that didn't do anything but get on his bike without a helmet. Had a serious crash when the peddle came off, hit a fence and his head hit the steel post on his first ride.

Glad you weren't hurt. There is a guy on the Facebook user group that didn't do anything but get on his bike without a helmet. Had a serious crash when the peddle came off, hit a fence and his head hit the steel post on his first ride.

Wow, lucky I was sitting.

I hope your experiences are better than mine. The Fed Ex man dropped it and bent the frame. When you close the bike the frames don't line up at the clamp. They offered to send a new bike once I send the damaged one back to them. How well do you think you could repackage the bike once it is all taken out and everything removed?

I hope your experiences are better than mine. The Fed Ex man dropped it and bent the frame. When you close the bike the frames don't line up at the clamp. They offered to send a new bike once I send the damaged one back to them. How well do you think you could repackage the bike once it is all taken out and everything removed?
Who cares. Zip tie it and ship it. Ask for a return label.

Where are we at with order numbers and deliveries?
See this thread; "Where's my XP"

My bike also rattled over bumps so I tried to use the plastic sheet but couldn't make it fit between the battery and the frame. While looking at the battery I noticed that it was moving forward and back which looked to me like that would cause problems with the electrical connections. On older electric bikes with the same type of post connections these have been a weak point and often fail to make connection. I found some 1/2" closed cell foam and put it on the end of the battery that goes into the frame and it stopped the movement and the rattling. This foam is most commonly used for HVAC installations or door sealing. Since the battery slopes to the rear of the bike I hope the foam will last a long time since there is very little pressure on it, if not, back to the drawing board!

My bike also rattled over bumps so I tried to use the plastic sheet but couldn't make it fit between the battery and the frame. While looking at the battery I noticed that it was moving forward and back which looked to me like that would cause problems with the electrical connections. On older electric bikes with the same type of post connections these have been a weak point and often fail to make connection. I found some 1/2" closed cell foam and put it on the end of the battery that goes into the frame and it stopped the movement and the rattling. This foam is most commonly used for HVAC installations or door sealing. Since the battery slopes to the rear of the bike I hope the foam will last a long time since there is very little pressure on it, if not, back to the drawing board!

HD and Lowes sell perforated rubber shelf-liner that comes in a 12" roll. It's not very thick but it cuts easily and you can double or triple it. It might work and it's handy stuff to have on hand.

Last edited:
Ordered my Lectric XP second week of August, new to the e bike world, I hope this will helps me, I’m 54 have had multiple Cervical and lumbar fusions and full knee replacement. I’m hoping to inspire people like myself to get out on the e bikes, hopefully this will help me push up the inclines or when I’m running out of strength to push through the ride, with conventional bike it’s unbelievable how fast the excitement of going for a bike ride vanished and brings me back home.

Hey Friends of Lectric eBikes!
We appreciate all the comments in this forum. THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts, advice, and frustrations! I agree with the common themes. Collectively, you have been very fair in evaluating our performance (i.e. very good product; great value; struggling with shipping and communication).

September is going to be a huge month for us. We will likely send out more bikes this month than all previous months combined! That's terrific news - but we will continue to test your patience over the next couple of months. Fortunately, patience is a virtue... and we can all use a little more of that!

We're starting to hear great stories from new customers about how they learned about Lectric eBikes! Many are being introduced to us not from YouTube videos, but from talking with current customers who RAVE about their new Lectric XP bike! Many have said this is the best purchase they have made all year! That is beginning to be a main source of our growth - and we are thrilled with your response! We appreciate you speaking so highly about our product to your friends, family, those who stop you on the street, outside coffee shops, in campgrounds and RV parks, wherever your bike happens to take you!

We appreciate the trust you have placed in us - and the support you provide each other in this forum. You are a valuable extension of our team. We couldn't do this without you.

Thanks again!
Brent
Brent, thanks for your announcement. I hope you will take this as constructive criticism. One person on the Facebook XP Owners Group was seriously hurt because he did not read the instructions, use the "free" tools, or read social media until it was too late when his loose peddle came off. The number of derailleur bent complaints you must have received has to be astronomical as they have also blanketed the forums. I think all people are paying attention to is "Where's My Bike". Nothing about what to do once they get it.

Maybe a WARNING sheet printed in bright red letters what needs to be done before first first might help. They could be shoved through one of the hand holes and not even have to open the box. Hopefully it would cut down on complaint calls where the time could be used for getting orders filled.

Brent, thanks for your announcement. I hope you will take this as constructive criticism. One person on the Facebook XP Owners Group was seriously hurt because he did not read the instructions, use the "free" tools, or read social media until it was too late when his loose peddle came off. The number of derailleur bent complaints you must have received has to be astronomical as they have also blanketed the forums. I think all people are paying attention to is "Where's My Bike". Nothing about what to do once they get it.

Maybe a WARNING sheet printed in bright red letters what needs to be done before first first might help. They could be shoved through one of the hand holes and not even have to open the box. Hopefully it would cut down on complaint calls where the time could be used for getting orders filled.
Then people will ignore the red letter warnings.

Back