Lectric XP

My Zoom $26.99 seat post arrived last night in the 31.6 x 350 mm size. I will install it today. My street needs repaving it is in terrible shape, it will make for a perfect test. Will report later today if it is worth the saving. One thing BAD about buying off of Ebay, it's out of china, with a Chicago front. I didn't read the fine print. Shipping for a return is is going to be out of pocket and not worth it. That's how they get you. https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZOOM-MTB-Mount-Bike-Saddle-Seat-Post-Bicycle-Seatpost-Hydraulic-Suspension-New/192922995760?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=493101679214&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Last edited:
My bikes are finally on the way. Ordered 7/2, shipped 9/7. And that took three sets of shipping labels, numerous emails and several phone calls. Watch your order closely. Lectric does NOT control the shipping process other than to create the labels. They do not know if a unit has or has not shipped unless you tell them. Keep track of orders that are being shipped and if yours is not included with similar order numbers let them know. And keep on it. Mine didn't actually get processed until the third set of labels were sent. People are getting the wrong color bikes, getting two bikes when they ordered one, or not getting one at all. It will be over 10 weeks before mine are delivered. Those of you ordering now hopefully live in warm states or you'll be riding when the snow flies.

Car and RV charging. Let's do some simple electrical math for the non math people out there. Using an inverter to go from 12 volts to 120 volts we have a 10 to 1 ratio. If we need 1 amp of current at 120 volts we will need 10 amps of current at 12 volts. Most bike chargers are rated at 2 amps at 120 volts and therefore we will need to supply 20 amps of DC current. No system is 100% efficient so we have some losses to deal with. A good inverter can be 85% efficient. We have to make up for that 15% loss. 15% of our 20 amp draw is 3 amps. A 20 amp draw added to our 3 amps of conversion loss gives us 23 amps of 12 volt DC continuous draw off your battery and wiring. A cigarette lighter Jack will immediately fry under these loads. You will need 6-gauge wire tied directly into the battery or to a heavy-duty distribution bus. I'm going with the Samulex 300 watt pure sine wave inverter that darceman mentioned. Under good real life conditions, a 250 watt solar system can supply 13 amps of current to the battery banks offsetting the 23 amp inverter draw. Depending on the Sun, I may do a one or two hour boost charge of the bike battery. The remainder of the power I need for the RV. There are other creative ways to charge a battery while you're on the road. Radio license K2LED

This is awesome! You really nailed the answer to my question in a totally understandable way! Looks like ciggie lighter option is ruled out, once and for all! Thank you!

#2537 (black) got a tracking number minutes after I sent an email asking about the status. When clickng n the nmber I get...

Not found
This tracking number cannot be found, please check the number or contact the sender.

Is anybdy else getting this?

Yes, I have been getting it since getting the order processed notification from Lectric. I just emailed them this morning about this.

#2537 (black) got a tracking number minutes after I sent an email asking about the status. When clickng n the nmber I get...

Not found
This tracking number cannot be found, please check the number or contact the sender.

Is anybdy else getting this?
Yep, mine sat in the processing center for 6 days before FedEx received it. If FedEx does not have it, there is no record except that Lectric's processing center created a label. Having been in the business, it is a terrible system! Orders should be going to FedEx daily, they would love to have them. No reason bikes ready to ship are sitting in a warehouse for a week at a time. Just my experience.

Yep, mine sat in the processing center for 6 days before FedEx received it. If FedEx does not have it, there is no record except that Lectric's processing center created a label. Having been in the business, it is a terrible system! Orders should be going to FedEx daily, they would love to have them. No reason bikes ready to ship are sitting in a warehouse for a week at a time. Just my experience.

With your having been in this kind of buisiness, wouldn't you agree that Lectric could reduce their customer support communications workload by issuing daily general shipping status updates on their website, on their FB page, and perhaps even on that eMail contact list that a lot of us had signed up for on their website homepage? Their email response turnaround time to my personal emails has been exceptional and kudos to them on that issue. But each individual response takes time to do. Seems they could kill a lot of birds with one stone by issuing updates. Judging from comments on here, a lot of us support them and would read published delays as something good to know about. It seems that many of us have played along with this preorder-then-wait model.

What size post is needed for t

Wow, that is a long wait.
Not really... when I ordered mine it was said to be "late August delivery"... so in reality its only a couple weeks late. I actually am happy these took off the way they did. If only 1000 sold, we would not have any service or support in a couple years. But now....

Order # 2351 Bikes arrived 9-4-19. Ordered 2 bikes and one came damaged. They offered a $100 discount or I could ship the damaged bike back to them and they will send a new one. Not sure who pays the return shipping.

The one that works is great.

My Zoom $26.99 seat post arrived last night in the 31.6 x 350 mm size. I will install it today. My street needs repaving it is in terrible shape, it will make for a perfect test. Will report later today if it is worth the saving. One thing BAD about buying off of Ebay, it's out of china, with a Chicago front. I didn't read the fine print. Shipping for a return is is going to be out of pocket and not worth it. That's how they get you. https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZOOM-MTB-Mount-Bike-Saddle-Seat-Post-Bicycle-Seatpost-Hydraulic-Suspension-New/192922995760?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=493101679214&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
They sell them on Amazon for $20

With your having been in this kind of buisiness, wouldn't you agree that Lectric could reduce their customer support communications workload by issuing daily general shipping status updates on their website, on their FB page, and perhaps even on that eMail contact list that a lot of us had signed up for on their website homepage? Their email response turnaround time to my personal emails has been exceptional and kudos to them on that issue. But each individual response takes time to do. Seems they could kill a lot of birds with one stone by issuing updates. Judging from comments on here, a lot of us support them and would read published delays as something good to know about. It seems that many of us have played along with this preorder-then-wait model.
Word!

Not really... when I ordered mine it was said to be "late August delivery"... so in reality its only a couple weeks late. I actually am happy these took off the way they did. If only 1000 sold, we would not have any service or support in a couple years. But now....
I was told my bike would arrive mid September a couple of days ago. Order # 36##. I just don't see that happening. But it could.

When choosing a lock, are people keeping in mind that these bikes say LECTRIC on the side in big bold letters? Lectric as in electric bike as in $.

A $20 or $30 lock will last about 3 seconds when attacked with boltcutters. Goodbye bike. Goodbye accessories. Goodbye way-to-get-home. Spend a little and get a lock that stands up to boltcutters, at least smaller boltcutters.

(I was just reading Amazon reviews for a lock and people showed pics of how the lock had "saved their bike from theft". Oh yeah? The pics show the "thief" used a sawzall or hacksaw!!! Sorry, wrong planet, on this planet their tool of choice is boltcutters.)

Here's a good starting point in your research.

Last edited:
Ordered mine late August, expect delivery in time for winter riding here in Western Washington State. Looking forward to testing the fenders........

Just received an email reply assuring me that all is well, the shipment is in fact in progress and FedEx simply has not scanned it into their system yet. If that is the case, then no worries for now, just continuing to chill until delivery day.

Just installed x large chunky grips..
Going for a ride soon.Will give report when back.

Attachments

• 20190907_102631.jpg
    20190907_102631.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 447
  • 20190907_102645.jpg
    20190907_102645.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 439
Back