Lectric XP

I ordered this Shimano suspension seatpost 400 mm long from AliExpress just over a week ago I got it today I saved approximately $100 Canadian by buying it through them if you look at the different choices you will find one for a really good price on AliExpress.. There are cheaper ones out there as well but they are just springs. If you look at the way this one is designed it's not a pogo stick

It looks like a SR Suntour SP12 NCX, which usually sells for about $US 100-109. It's a nice seat post - been eyeing that for some time.

I have dealt with them on a few issues and the customer service is been nothing but spectacular. I get there overwhelmed at this point obviously but I think there doing a great job under the circumstances.
I'm not questioning the quality of Lectric's customer service. I'm just trying to objectively compare the two. It does appear that Robby and Levi do everything, including customer service. I actually feel a bit sorry for these guys in a way. They are so SWAMPED!

Quite a few negative remarks about the tires. How much do really, really, really good puncture-resistant-to-the-max tires cost?

I’m curious as to what happened to your tube. I had to order some tubes for my rad mini because the previous owner had put the slicks on it (he gave me the knobbies though too)and they take a different size tube. Slicks take 20X4.25 and knobbies take 20X4. Anyways I ordered the mongoose tubes off of amazon and people in the reviews were saying the stems were bad and some busted on seam but most said they were thicker and better than OEM though. Sorry for all the questions but kinda anxious as I ordered 3 of these. All due early September.
With the bike not being ridden, just the tires aired up, I have a feeling it is a defective tube. Amazon is not delivering to FL until Monday, I won't tear into the bike until I have the parts.

With the bike not being ridden, just the tires aired up, I have a feeling it is a defective tube. Amazon is not delivering to FL until Monday, I won't tear into the bike until I have the parts.
I gotcha. Just wondering. I wouldn’t have your patience though. I would be mad at myself if I coulda threw a patch on and hit the road. Specially if I could pump it with air and find hole without removing that troublesome rear tire I’m hearing about. be careful down there if Florida. You guys got bigger fish to fry than fixin a bike flat.

I gotcha. Just wondering. I wouldn’t have your patience though. I would be mad at myself if I coulda threw a patch on and hit the road. Specially if I could pump it with air and find hole without removing that troublesome rear tire I’m hearing about. be careful down there if Florida. You guys got bigger fish to fry than fixin a bike flat.
It was my wife's bike and she just had back surgery yesterday. No hurry 😁 I am in no hurry to tackle that rear wheel until I have a day I won't be needed for nurse duty.

Just thought I would show everyone what I ended up doing with my two bikes. The colour of the rack wasn't my first choice but it's what I had. I installed a Wi-Fi switch on the one side with individual programmability. That way I can turn the charger or chargers on before I get home for an evening of riding etc. The middle bin holds our pannier bags and cable locks to lock the seat and rear tire when parked somewhere. There's a spot for the u locks jackets and helmets. Oh and a picture of my bike from a ride tonite.
Great pics!

Hey roadie I was thinking about your tightening the fender dilemma. Maybe if you let all the air out of tire you can mash it in and get to the screw without taking tire off ??????
Great idea! I have a wrench on order so if that doesn't work I'll do the tire. Thanks!

Just received an email from the company

The black bikes have arrived! We are planning on working through the weekend this week to get all of the black bikes shipped out! Once again thank for your patience!

So maybe they will be here next week?
Whaaaaaa?!?! 🎉🎉🎉

So with all this discussion of the XP's low price point and shipping delays, I began to think to myself "what does the $500 difference between an XP and a Rad Mini/Stepthru buy you?" (XP now $999). So here are my thoughts about that:
  • Reliable shipping. I purchased my Rad Mini on 5/12/19. Left the facility 5/14. Arrived in WNY 5/20. Rad Power Bikes does not do pre-ordering. They do not take orders unless they have stock. You can only make an actual purchase when they have stock to ship, so you're never in doubt about the money you've put on your credit card. This is also true of accessories; if there is no stock, you can't buy. Rather than waiting for your shipment to arrive, you're waiting for stock to be replenished. And if you join their mailing list and ask to be informed when that is, they tell you a few days in advance. I had to wait for fenders and a rear rack, but when they were in stock, same deal - easy shipping. I should note that both Lectric and RadPower use Shopify to handle their ordering. With the XP, your bike comes off the ship, sent to the 3rd party handler, sent to FedEx, and then off to you. The XP guys probably never personally handle your bike at all, which makes the fact that these bikes seem to arrive in very decent shape all the more fascinating.
  • Customer service. Your $500 helps to pay the wages and benefits of their full service staff, as well as their investment in their new facility. I spent March-June in the Olympia area, so I had the opportunity to go up and see their new facility in Seattle's Ballard section. Very impressive. That's where I took my test ride. There were three people staffing the show floor, and at least another 5 that I saw back in what appeared to be the service section. And RadPower was clearly hiring more staff. Every time I sent an email for customer service, my issue was dealt with quite smoothly. I actually screwed up and ordered a set of Rad Rover fenders instead of Rad Mini fenders, and I tried to cancel my order within 30 minutes of placing it (which you can't do on line). One of the customer service supervisors noticed my email and my error, corrected it, and did not charge me a re-stocking fee or any other fee to cancel the order. They ate the return charges to have FedEx re-direct the package back to them. Lectric, as far as I know, has three employees, although someone did say they were hiring more. No employees and a small front office/storefront really cuts costs for them.
  • Slightly better components. A 750 watt motor, 48V 14ah battery, front suspension fork, Kenda puncture-proof tires specifically designed for the RadMini, 180mm Tektro mechanical disc brakes, brake light function on rear taillight. The XP's components are not far off, but you do get the fenders and rear rack included.
So, is all that combined worth the $500 difference to you? Naturally, that's your call. For me, given my very particular situation, it's worth the wait to get the XP because I feel it will still do what I need it to do, and I could not afford another $1500 plus accessories (rack, fenders). But for those wondering why Lectric can offer the XP for so much less, consider all the factors above, and it might not be so surprising as to how they do it. You may have saved $500/600 in cash money, but you may be paying in time lost and aggravation.
I hope Lectric makes it and this doesn't turn out to be a one trick pony. There is a lot of interests in e bikes at this price point, and not much choice other than the mish mash stuff on Amazon. If they can expand their support processes and staff, I think they could become a solid player, and good competition for Rad Power. For me, I'm going to purchase a couple of Rad bikes, but for all of you who purchased the XP, I am happy to share in your excitement and am pulling for the guys at Lectric to become a huge success.

I remember my first bike at Christmas at around 8 or 9, a brand new Schwinn ... it was one of the most exciting times of my life. Now I have 4 bikes and at 75, I the excitement has gone, especially on the hills, LOL. Now comes the E-bikes, and the excitement is back, big time. Thanks to Lectric, Rad, and the Chinese, and many others for putting the fun back in cycling for us old guys, the disabled and others who need a little assist. Life is good !!

Anybody no how to boost the speed from 20 to 28?

Setting P08 has a default of 32 KPH (20 MPH). Reset that to 45 KPH (28 MPH). Be aware that you only get 28 MPH with pedal assist. The throttle remains limited to 20 MPH. I should also mention to check your laws in your local municipality/state. In some states, Class 3 ebikes (which the XP becomes if you pump it up to 28mph) can be subject to motor vehicle regulations such as licensing and insurance. FYI.

Last edited:
Further input on #2539 (white). I weigh 220lbs and it easily got to 20 mph on throttle only. Enclosing a pic of using sawhorses to flip the bike in case you need to adjust the derailleur or any other maintenance work requiring rotating the pedal. One important note! Be sure to tighten up the pedals. As I was working on adjusting the derailleur, one of the pedals came off in my hand. I had forgotten to check them. A very easy fix however. Heard a “clacking” sound after adjusting the derailleur and discovered there was a kink in the chain which was binding and not flexible. A simple screwdriver and pliers to widen the link worked and the whole system is now smooth as silk.

Attachments

• pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 421
  • pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 426
Some Numbers

Nomadic Fanatic 173K views
Our Vision Nomadic Living 2.5K views
Kev Central (Two Videos) 185K & 93K views
Fate Unbound (Two Videos) 103K & 62K views

And these are just a few of the ones I came up with off the top of my head. These bikes have been viewed by millions of people and purchased by thousands. I think that Lectric had hoped for some sales with this strategy, but they have got a bear on there hands and its gonna take some time. By the way ,this was a great idea all this free advertising and a price point to match and the proof is - The world will beat a Riding Path to your door.:D$$$$$$$$$$$$$
No kidding!

Further input on #2539 (white). I weigh 220lbs and it easily got to 20 mph on throttle only. Enclosing a pic of using sawhorses to flip the bike in case you need to adjust the derailleur or any other maintenance work requiring rotating the pedal. One important note! Be sure to tighten up the pedals. As I was working on adjusting the derailleur, one of the pedals came off in my hand. I had forgotten to check them. A very easy fix however. Heard a “clacking” sound after adjusting the derailleur and discovered there was a kink in the chain which was binding and not flexible. A simple screwdriver and pliers to widen the link worked and the whole system is now smooth as silk.
Thats pretty clever. thanks again for the tips. Ever since I ordered this bike it got me out on my regular mountain bike so I have been working on that. Then i got the Rad mini and have been tweeking on it. I finally broke down and ordered a stand to work on my bike they run about 60 bucks on Amazon and will hold 66 lb. I figure it can easily hold this with the battery out. I'm just hoping that the clamp will fit in that handle right by the seat post hole or I will have to clamp it on the seat post and I don't feel good about that. I'll let you know how that works out.

Back