Lectric XP

Another update on my MIA bike(s). First I got an email from Brent giving me a new shipping number on the white bike and cancelling the original shipping number - report that one here yesterday morning. Then I received another email from Christian saying that a new shipping number had been created for the white bike, no number specified, but another apology for losing the first one. Then two emails from Lectric giving two additional shipping numbers, new one for the white, new one for the black. All emails were received yesterday, the last ones at 10 PM EDT. FedEx has no record of any of the three new shipping numbers or either of my old shipping numbers. I think I'm close to giving up. Maybe I'm not supposed to have an electric bike.
I share in your frustration I'm Literally losing it at this point. It has been such a bad experience I don't think I'd ever participate in a pre order no matter the savings.

The question is if one can really been found? Watching Youtube videos on fixing bike flats, it seems every brand tire, some of the best, were featured having thorn repairs done. I was looking for a short cut to removing the rear wheel as it has been reported as "it don't fit".
I wonder why tubeless tires aren't more of a thing. A tire repair kit and an air pump and back to riding.

It has been answered, read this thread.
Also in the new online owners manual v1.1 which should be read by all new bike owners. New feature on the bikes being received that did not make it to print as everybody "wanted their bike now" 😁 Such as the new ignition key lock, all of the P settings including 28 mph. One poster on FB did not read the important instructions, or watch the new video of tightening the peddles. He had a major crash and got beat up pretty bad. Really glad he shared it. His message: I hope everyone reads the manual and uses the tools supplied before climbing on for the first ride. Helmet was his second message, he wasn't wearing one and took it on the head. JMO, but I think this is so important, especially if you kick it up to 28mph.
Link to post in his own words by Brent Edger https://www.facebook.com/groups/lec...74931502652&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

Last edited:
Another update on my MIA bike(s). First I got an email from Brent giving me a new shipping number on the white bike and cancelling the original shipping number - report that one here yesterday morning. Then I received another email from Christian saying that a new shipping number had been created for the white bike, no number specified, but another apology for losing the first one. Then two emails from Lectric giving two additional shipping numbers, new one for the white, new one for the black. All emails were received yesterday, the last ones at 10 PM EDT. FedEx has no record of any of the three new shipping numbers or either of my old shipping numbers. I think I'm close to giving up. Maybe I'm not supposed to have an electric bike.
Sure sorry to hear of this Linda. It sounds Like Lectric did not over come the problems they said they learned from with the early Aug shipments. From my past experience, it sounds like it is time to hire a Professional Shipping Manager, one the works directly for Lectric to get the shipping delays streamlined. Back in my startup days, I had an excellent one and he was "free" supplied by UPS. He coached us on everything and eliminated a lot of start up mistakes. When we swithed to FedEx years later, they also sent one out to go over all of our shipping proceedures and even improved a few of them. Fantastic perk of shipping large orders with a large company.

order #34XX early-september

Maybe the RadRunner (available Sept 10 for $1299, 750W; 48V 14AH) is actually the best possible deal for an ebike out there.
With all the benefits of an established company/support etc..
Even if you order 9/10 it might arrive faster than the Lectric xD

Maybe the RadRunner (available Sept 10 for $1299, 750W; 48V 14AH) is actually the best possible deal for an ebike out there.
The wait is worth it for what your getting...

Whoa !! Thanks MrMomB I'll nix that idea. Doubt 270 watt solar would keep up with that. I won't / refuse ( join with me ) to use generator in campgrounds. But may resort to finding an isolated road or spot to charge with generator when traveling.

Whoa !! Thanks MrMomB I'll nix that idea. Doubt 270 watt solar would keep up with that. I won't / refuse ( join with me ) to use generator in campgrounds. But may resort to finding an isolated road or spot to charge with generator when traveling.

I've seen on other forums where people think an ebike's battery can be charged with solar power. Well, yes it can, but you'd better have a lot of solar panels to handle the wattage and amp hours required. They take 4-6 hours to charge with a 2 amp charger on standard 120V household current alone. You're not going to get these babies charged up on a couple of small solar panels. That's why a lot of people buy an extra battery to extend range. Another idea would be to get that 300W sine inverter and charge the battery while travelling through an RV's electrical system. A lot of these inverters have DC adapters that you can plug into a cigarette lighter port to run them while on the move.

Regarding that 300w pure sine wave inverter to charge the battery, I am still not clear about how feasible it would be to run the 300w inverter from a 12v automotive system. I also am aware that the maximum amps you should be able to draw from a car 12v socket is 10A, so the maximum-wattage inverter one would expect to use would only be a little over 100w max. So here is my question: How many amps does the Lectric AC charger actually draw during the charge cycle? If the charge cycle runs several hours, would the inverter be pulling less continuous watts, rather than the maximum 300w, which would of course blow a 10a automotive 12v outlet fuse? I like the idea of driving to my favorite trail with the battery charging during the trip, but I don't like the idea of connecting special cables between the battery/charging system and the inverter, rather than the convenience of using the 12v outlet that's already there. Or would the amps required to charge push the inverter to a constant 300w limit, perhaps due to the need to step up the voltage from 12 to 48v? I am thinking I probably already know what this answer is, but thought I'd float this as a general question nonetheless.

I've had good luck over the years with Samlex pure sine inverters, including their 300 watt. It comes with a cig. lighter plug, but like you say, S. Hank, you're introducing other limiting factors that way. It's best to install it close to your batteries (always, always keep the 12v run as short as possible) and hardwire it. If you need to use a 120v extension cord then so be it.

As far as how many solar panels goes, I don't understand the question. You mean people are hooking stuff up directly to solar without batteries to act as a middle man? Ya learn something new every day. With the miracle of batteries it doesn't matter how much solar you have. As long as your house batteries have enough juice (50 amps like MrMom said) then you're good to go. Now how long it takes for the house batteries to recover depends on how much solar you have (for someone like me who also hates generators and tries to get by on 100% solar) or shore power or alternator.

Won't work for many of us, it doesn't fold up. Very hard to transport in a motorhome unless you hang it out in the weather on a bike rack. Totally defeats the purpose for my needs. I wanted a bike I could grab and go when I got to a destination. Others it may be just fine just not what I wanted. My XP's were worth the wait and the look "cool" 😂

Last edited:
I've had good luck over the years with Samlex pure sine inverters, including their 300 watt. It comes with a cig. lighter plug, but like you say, S. Hank, you're introducing other limiting factors that way. It's best to install it close to your batteries (always, always keep the 12v run as short as possible) and hardwire it. If you need to use a 120v extension cord then so be it.

As far as how many solar panels goes, I don't understand the question. You mean people are hooking stuff up directly to solar without batteries to act as a middle man? Ya learn something new every day. With the miracle of batteries it doesn't matter how much solar you have. As long as your house batteries have enough juice (50 amps like MrMom said) then you're good to go. Now how long it takes for the house batteries to recover depends on how much solar you have (for someone like me who also hates generators and tries to get by on 100% solar) or shore power or alternator.
If anyone is interested in the Samlux line of inverters I sell this line in Canada. Go to their website...pick a part number and I will get you a price...

Thanks damonjohn, good advice. It would seem to me always want err on the side of caution, particularly when it comes to fooling with any internal vehicle electrical system. I see you used the therm "shore power." Are you also a boat owner? I've been running deep cycle batteries on my boat for years, and it was there I learned to respect the difference between how deep cycle batteries are built for extended amp hour discharges and how this is less so for car batteries. And also about wanting to always use the proper gauge power leads for any inverter. Which comes back to why it may not be a good idea to use the car's 12v outlet.

Thanks damonjohn, good advice. It would seem to me always want err on the side of caution, particularly when it comes to fooling with any internal vehicle electrical system. I see you used the therm "shore power." Are you also a boat owner? I've been running deep cycle batteries on my boat for years, and it was there I learned to respect the difference between how deep cycle batteries are built for extended amp hour discharges and how this is less so for car batteries. And also about wanting to always use the proper gauge power leads for any inverter. Which comes back to why it may not be a good idea to use the car's 12v outlet.
I'm in a motorhome. Same difference really - fewer sharks and jellyfish but more bears and cougars. :)

Ordered 2 bikes on Aug 6th; one white one black.
Order #360X.
Being patient but Jonesin' BAD!
I'll post more when I know more.

Back