Lectric XP

Mine has yet to arrive #3640. Lectric is selling well over fifty bikes a day so I will be patient. And how are they making money on these?

Here's some things I've noticed in the latest production bikes pictures/vids and all look like improvements. Shorter stalk, thumb throttle, different head and tail light has been moved farther back.

That being said, hopefully that chainring is now 52, fenders are aluminum and brakes remain 180's.

Now it they would only offer upgrade options such as street tires, mag wheels, front shock, bottle busses and adjustable brake levers it would be perfect (all for more money of course). I could install options myself but it's a missed opportunity for Lectric to get a little more earnings per bike.
Do you have a link for a new XP with a thumb throttle? My sprocket is 52 tooth on both bikes that I received. The fenders are steel, so far none have been reported to be aluminum. Personally I prefer the steel fenders as they will not dent as ease when being folded up for transporting. The brakes have always been 160mm and they stop fine at 20mph. The headlights and tail lights are different, but nothing to write home about. It's OK with me as any night riding I would be doing will be in well lit RV Parks. If I was trail riding at night, those would be upgraded to higher LED's

Installing bottle holders were two for 8 bucks and removable which is what I needed. I had no problem adjusting the brake levers on my bikes. I also did foldable side mirrors for the way I will be transporting the bikes. Every user is going to have their own needs, not right to price a bike for someone else's needs. Keeping the price low and letting people accessorize for there needs I believe will sell more bikes.

Last edited:
Hey guys anyone that is attaching anything by the clamp method on their bike here's a tip find a piece of innertube and cut it the same size as the clamp and wrap around it first...nothing will slip this way and it keeps you from marking your bike up
After popping a rear tube, I'll have plenty. 😂 The cup holders I bought came with rubber strips which I was glad to see. I will make sure I don't throw the tube away now after I change it.

#2539 arrived!! (White). Black bike still on back order due to the China shipping container mixup explained by Lectric. Both bikes were ordered July 9th. Shipping box looked in fair shape so Fedex did an ok job. Shipping took 7 days to Illinois but that was over Labor day weekend. Lifting bike out of the box took some effort. This is NOT a light bike. Included some shots which might help some. If your handlebars are not attached, CLOSE the bike and latch it before placing the handlebars in the stem. I tried with the bike folded and it just would not fit. The derailleur guard was bent as most people have experienced. You MUST bend this back out so it is not touching the derailleur. Charged the battery until the light turned green on the power supply. I pumped the tires to a little over 20 lbs. following Darceman's recommendations. Got the allen wrench provided and tightened everything. The rear fender rattle is due to one of the screws inside the fender being loose. This is impossible to tighten due to not being able to get to the screw without removing the rear wheel which I'm NOT about to attempt. Gonna try to find a right angle allen wrench that will reach at a hardware store. Couldn't find the keys anywhere until I noticed they were clipped to the rear fender rack. My derailleur was WAY out of adjustment so no test ride until I get that worked on. Will post more when that happens.
Hey roadie I was thinking about your tightening the fender dilemma. Maybe if you let all the air out of tire you can mash it in and get to the screw without taking tire off ??????

Last edited:
After popping a rear tube, I'll have plenty. 😂 The cup holders I bought came with rubber strips which I was glad to see. I will make sure I don't throw the tube away now after I change it.
Can’t you patch tire? Was it a complete blow out or haven’t you looked at tube yet?

I’m curious as to what happened to your tube. I had to order some tubes for my rad mini because the previous owner had put the slicks on it (he gave me the knobbies though too)and they take a different size tube. Slicks take 20X4.25 and knobbies take 20X4. Anyways I ordered the mongoose tubes off of amazon and people in the reviews were saying the stems were bad and some busted on seam but most said they were thicker and better than OEM though. Sorry for all the questions but kinda anxious as I ordered 3 of these. All due early September.

Some Numbers

Nomadic Fanatic 173K views
Our Vision Nomadic Living 2.5K views
Kev Central (Two Videos) 185K & 93K views
Fate Unbound (Two Videos) 103K & 62K views

And these are just a few of the ones I came up with off the top of my head. These bikes have been viewed by millions of people and purchased by thousands. I think that Lectric had hoped for some sales with this strategy, but they have got a bear on there hands and its gonna take some time. By the way ,this was a great idea all this free advertising and a price point to match and the proof is - The world will beat a Riding Path to your door.:D$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Just got notice my bike #2153 just made to Chicago, was in Willow Springs,Il on Monday, three days later it made it 18.5 miles to Chicago, now it has 200 miles to go, I'll be lucky to see it this month yet the way FedEx works.

Anyone have any tips to install the pannier bag? Doesn't seem very secure keeps sliding up and down. May have to attach some quick-release clasps instead of that buckle as the buckle doesn't keep the straps secure they keep getting loose

Just got notice my bike #2153 just made to Chicago, was in Willow Springs,Il on Monday, three days later it made it 18.5 miles to Chicago, now it has 200 miles to go, I'll be lucky to see it this month yet the way FedEx works.
I think you're running out of bad luck. You must be.

So with all this discussion of the XP's low price point and shipping delays, I began to think to myself "what does the $500 difference between an XP and a Rad Mini/Stepthru buy you?" (XP now $999). So here are my thoughts about that:
  • Reliable shipping. I purchased my Rad Mini on 5/12/19. Left the facility 5/14. Arrived in WNY 5/20. Rad Power Bikes does not do pre-ordering. They do not take orders unless they have stock. You can only make an actual purchase when they have stock to ship, so you're never in doubt about the money you've put on your credit card. This is also true of accessories; if there is no stock, you can't buy. Rather than waiting for your shipment to arrive, you're waiting for stock to be replenished. And if you join their mailing list and ask to be informed when that is, they tell you a few days in advance. I had to wait for fenders and a rear rack, but when they were in stock, same deal - easy shipping. I should note that both Lectric and RadPower use Shopify to handle their ordering. With the XP, your bike comes off the ship, sent to the 3rd party handler, sent to FedEx, and then off to you. The XP guys probably never personally handle your bike at all, which makes the fact that these bikes seem to arrive in very decent shape all the more fascinating.
  • Customer service. Your $500 helps to pay the wages and benefits of their full service staff, as well as their investment in their new facility. I spent March-June in the Olympia area, so I had the opportunity to go up and see their new facility in Seattle's Ballard section. Very impressive. That's where I took my test ride. There were three people staffing the show floor, and at least another 5 that I saw back in what appeared to be the service section. And RadPower was clearly hiring more staff. Every time I sent an email for customer service, my issue was dealt with quite smoothly. I actually screwed up and ordered a set of Rad Rover fenders instead of Rad Mini fenders, and I tried to cancel my order within 30 minutes of placing it (which you can't do on line). One of the customer service supervisors noticed my email and my error, corrected it, and did not charge me a re-stocking fee or any other fee to cancel the order. They ate the return charges to have FedEx re-direct the package back to them. Lectric, as far as I know, has three employees, although someone did say they were hiring more. No employees and a small front office/storefront really cuts costs for them.
  • Slightly better components. A 750 watt motor, 48V 14ah battery, front suspension fork, Kenda puncture-proof tires specifically designed for the RadMini, 180mm Tektro mechanical disc brakes, brake light function on rear taillight. The XP's components are not far off, but you do get the fenders and rear rack included.
So, is all that combined worth the $500 difference to you? Naturally, that's your call. For me, given my very particular situation, it's worth the wait to get the XP because I feel it will still do what I need it to do, and I could not afford another $1500 plus accessories (rack, fenders). But for those wondering why Lectric can offer the XP for so much less, consider all the factors above, and it might not be so surprising as to how they do it. You may have saved $500/600 in cash money, but you may be paying in time lost and aggravation.

Last edited:
I’m curious as to what happened to your tube. I had to order some tubes for my rad mini because the previous owner had put the slicks on it (he gave me the knobbies though too)and they take a different size tube. Slicks take 20X4.25 and knobbies take 20X4. Anyways I ordered the mongoose tubes off of amazon and people in the reviews were saying the stems were bad and some busted on seam but most said they were thicker and better than OEM though. Sorry for all the questions but kinda anxious as I ordered 3 of these. All due early September.
I must say there is been a few people complaining about the tires
So with all this discussion of the XP's low price point and shipping delays, I began to think to myself "what does the $500 difference between an XP and a Rad Mini/Stepthru buy you?" (XP now $999). So here are my thoughts about that:
  • Reliable shipping. I purchased my Rad Mini on 5/12/19. Left the facility 5/14. Arrived in WNY 5/20. Rad Power Bikes does not do pre-ordering. They do not take orders unless they have stock. You can only make an actual purchase when they have stock to ship, so you're never in doubt about the money you've put on your credit card. This is also true of accessories; if there is no stock, you can't buy. Rather than waiting for your shipment to arrive, you're waiting for stock to be replenished. And if you join their mailing list and ask to be informed when that is, they tell you a few days in advance. I had to wait for fenders and a rear rack, but when they were in stock, same deal - easy shipping. I should note that both Lectric and RadPower use Shopify to handle their ordering. With the XP, your bike comes off the ship, sent to the 3rd party handler, sent to FedEx, and then off to you. The XP guys probably never personally handle your bike at all, which makes the fact that these bikes seem to arrive in very decent shape all the more fascinating.
  • Customer service. Your $500 helps to pay the wages and benefits of their full service staff, as well as their investment in their new facility. I spent March-June in the Olympia area, so I had the opportunity to go up and see their new facility in Seattle's Ballard section. Very impressive. That's where I took my test ride. There were three people staffing the show floor, and at least another 5 that I saw back in what appeared to be the service section. And RadPower was clearly hiring more staff. Every time I sent an email for customer service, my issue was dealt with quite smoothly. I actually screwed up and ordered a set of Rad Rover fenders instead of Rad Mini fenders, and I tried to cancel my order within 30 minutes of placing it (which you can't do on line). One of the customer service supervisors noticed my email and my error, corrected it, and did not charge me a re-stocking fee or any other fee to cancel the order. They ate the return charges to have FedEx re-direct the package back to them. Lectric, as far as I know, has three employees, although someone did say they were hiring more. No employees and a small front office/storefront really cuts costs for them.
  • Slightly better components. A 750 watt motor, 48V 14ah battery, front suspension fork, Kenda puncture-proof tires specifically designed for the RadMini, 180mm Tektro mechanical disc brakes, brake light function on rear taillight. The XP's components are not far off, but you do get the fenders and rear rack included.
So, is all that combined worth the $500 difference to you? Naturally, that's your call. For me, given my very particular situation, it's worth the wait to get the XP because I feel it will still do what I need it to do, and I could not afford another $1500 plus accessories (rack, fenders). But for those wondering why Lectric can offer the XP for so much less, consider all the factors above, and it might not be so surprising as to how they do it. You may have saved $500/600 in cash money, but you may be paying in time lost and aggravation.
I have dealt with them on a few issues and the customer service is been nothing but spectacular. I get there overwhelmed at this point obviously but I think there doing a great job under the circumstances.

I ordered this Shimano suspension seatpost 400 mm long from AliExpress just over a week ago I got it today I saved approximately $100 Canadian by buying it through them if you look at the different choices you will find one for a really good price on AliExpress.. There are cheaper ones out there as well but they are just springs. If you look at the way this one is designed it's not a pogo stick

Attachments

• 20190905_152204.jpg
    20190905_152204.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 361
Some Numbers

Nomadic Fanatic 173K views
Our Vision Nomadic Living 2.5K views
Kev Central (Two Videos) 185K & 93K views
Fate Unbound (Two Videos) 103K & 62K views

And these are just a few of the ones I came up with off the top of my head. These bikes have been viewed by millions of people and purchased by thousands. I think that Lectric had hoped for some sales with this strategy, but they have got a bear on there hands and its gonna take some time. By the way ,this was a great idea all this free advertising and a price point to match and the proof is - The world will beat a Riding Path to your door.:D$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I’m sorry Frank but the numbers you gave on the amount of people who saw those videos are skewed. At least half of them views are me lol

ride report?
thanks Bob

I ordered this Shimano suspension seatpost 400 mm long from AliExpress just over a week ago I got it today I saved approximately $100 Canadian by buying it through them if you look at the different choices you will find one for a really good price on AliExpress.. There are cheaper ones out there as well but they are just springs. If you look at the way this one is designed it's not a pogo stick

Back