Lectric XP

Wow, 34 pages of when am I getting my bike. Anyhow I got my 2 today. Both white, guess they are out of black. It’s ok, we both wanted the white one. Man this thing is well packed. It took forever to get all the ties cut, but not a scratch on the bike! You are lost without the default setting list. And go to page 31 where some nice poster put up what each screen sets. But that is for the display and not an XP. Here are our defaults from Lectric today:
1-1 or 2
2-1
3-48
4-10
5-1
6-20 tire size
7-1
8-32
9-0
10-2
11-3. I’d play with this and 12
12-3
13-12
14-18
15-41.5
16-0
17-0
18-100
19-0
20-0
OK, you can play with the numbers once you know what they do. If you get yourself into an error code, bottom line 1st screen, go back to every default number.
Good luck and have fun.

Just thought I would show everyone what I ended up doing with my two bikes. The colour of the rack wasn't my first choice but it's what I had. I installed a Wi-Fi switch on the one side with individual programmability. That way I can turn the charger or chargers on before I get home for an evening of riding etc. The middle bin holds our pannier bags and cable locks to lock the seat and rear tire when parked somewhere. There's a spot for the u locks jackets and helmets. Oh and a picture of my bike from a ride tonite.

Attachments

• 20190904_230652.jpg
    20190904_230652.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 602
  • 20190904_154236.jpg
    20190904_154236.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 621
  • 20190904_154257.jpg
    20190904_154257.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 624
  • 20190904_200436.jpg
    20190904_200436.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 686
Nothing fading, just stating facts.
I have no problem waiting, been doing it all my life.

I didn't word my comment very well. I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. Most companies pad the date that the customer can expect something to be delivered or some service performed. In my opinion Lectric did the opposite and so much of the angst on this forum is due to that mistake.

Update: received an email that a new label was created for my white bike. Still don’t know what that means but at least it’s something.
Thank goodness Linda. I read you other post and went "Oh No!" I was really hoping Lectric would improve their communication with this shipment of bikes, but the learning curve is still there. They have nice Facebook page, what a great place to post updates as batches of orders go out. It would catch a lost shipment, like your on day one. One post of FB would get it to all the other forums and they could get back to shipping bikes and probably a lot less emails of, "Where's MY Bike!?" which are VERY time consuming.

Darceman
Thank you for sharing your associries and setups. Nice to be back to sharing ideas. As soon as my accessories are delivered from Amazon, a week delay do to weather 😊 It's not just Lectric with delays! I will also post photos with links of what I will be adding. Thanks for rocking with us. 👍

#2539 arrived!! (White). Black bike still on back order due to the China shipping container mixup explained by Lectric. Both bikes were ordered July 9th. Shipping box looked in fair shape so Fedex did an ok job. Shipping took 7 days to Illinois but that was over Labor day weekend. Lifting bike out of the box took some effort. This is NOT a light bike. Included some shots which might help some. If your handlebars are not attached, CLOSE the bike and latch it before placing the handlebars in the stem. I tried with the bike folded and it just would not fit. The derailleur guard was bent as most people have experienced. You MUST bend this back out so it is not touching the derailleur. Charged the battery until the light turned green on the power supply. I pumped the tires to a little over 20 lbs. following Darceman's recommendations. Got the allen wrench provided and tightened everything. The rear fender rattle is due to one of the screws inside the fender being loose. This is impossible to tighten due to not being able to get to the screw without removing the rear wheel which I'm NOT about to attempt. Gonna try to find a right angle allen wrench that will reach at a hardware store. Couldn't find the keys anywhere until I noticed they were clipped to the rear fender rack. My derailleur was WAY out of adjustment so no test ride until I get that worked on. Will post more when that happens.
Thanks so much for the pics and info. We all appreciate it . Like others have said when we get ours we will be able to get ours up and running much quicker. When you go to the hardware get one of them Allen wrenches that looks like it has a ball on the end(sry don’t know technical name) they work great for tightening or loosening things at a difficult angle. You don’t have to be straight on. If you do take rear wheel off be careful. Someone on this post and you tuber kevcentral said it’s very difficult to put wheel back on because rear frame is real snug. You may need to have somebody near by to spread frame apart when you place wheel back in. Also I read somewhere that you should overcharge battery for about an hour first charge but I don’t know how accurate that is because I think the charger shuts off to prevent overcharging. On my rad mini I let it charge over until charger cools off then I know it’s done. I think it charges some after light turns green. I am not an expert on any of this. Brand new to e-bikes, Just been researching the last couple months just like you guys since I placed order.

You can have them send it to a FedEx facility. I'm in a motorhome and that's how I'm supposed to receive mine.
That would work if we were going to be staying in one place - but a cross country trip with one and two days stops doesn't really give me a good alternate sites. The two longer stops - Vegas and Albuquerque during the balloon festival aren't very conducive to having a well branded expensive item sitting and waiting for my arrival. And while a campground may say they allow shipments, I'm not sure how they would feel about two large boxes weighing over 100 lbs. combined sitting in their "hold for arrival" area.

... and you have admitted in writing that you have both bikes and know you shouldn't keep them. LOL... easy Visa approval
Not only that it's a bit of a dink move. This company is working hard to provide a service and a business for themselves....everyone makes mistakes...

I posted this on Facebook as there is a lot of confusion, thought I would share it here since it will need to be corrected on all bikes when delivered.

To Stop a lot of confusion, the derailers are NOT bent. The derailer guard is there to protect the derailer from getting bent in shipping. It locks the derailer to where it cannot go past 5th gear. It is also designed to keep the chain tight while in shipping. If the chain is allowed to go to the smaller gear, 7th, the chain can come off more easily where many do not know how to put the chain back on. Attached is a photo of the derailer against the derailer guard in 5th gear. Pull the bottom of the 1/4 inch bar out about 1/2 an inch and all gears will shift. It is normal and how it was designed, Per Robby at Lectric. It may be bent out or removed, most want it left on to protect the derailer in case the bike is dropped or folded for transporting.

Attachments

• 2019-08-27 16.26.43.jpg
    2019-08-27 16.26.43.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Just thought I would show everyone what I ended up doing with my two bikes. The colour of the rack wasn't my first choice but it's what I had. I installed a Wi-Fi switch on the one side with individual programmability. That way I can turn the charger or chargers on before I get home for an evening of riding etc. The middle bin holds our pannier bags and cable locks to lock the seat and rear tire when parked somewhere. There's a spot for the u locks jackets and helmets. Oh and a picture of my bike from a ride tonite.

Well done

Thank goodness Linda. I read you other post and went "Oh No!" I was really hoping Lectric would improve their communication with this shipment of bikes, but the learning curve is still there. They have nice Facebook page, what a great place to post updates as batches of orders go out. It would catch a lost shipment, like your on day one. One post of FB would get it to all the other forums and they could get back to shipping bikes and probably a lot less emails of, "Where's MY Bike!?" which are VERY time consuming.
Agreed. They are not making use of their social media and their website. It would be quite simple for them to post " this week we are shipping order numbers 2200-2800." Instead, I'm sure they're overwhelmed with where's my bike emails.

Agreed. They are not making use of their social media and their website. It would be quite simple for them to post " this week we are shipping order numbers 2200-2800." Instead, I'm sure they're overwhelmed with where's my bike emails.
Communication would make it so much easier on everybody. Even people that have not purchased yet will look up to a company that communicates. However no communication except "where's my bike?" is the worst type.

Mine has yet to arrive #3640. Lectric is selling well over fifty bikes a day so I will be patient. And how are they making money on these?

Here's some things I've noticed in the latest production bikes pictures/vids and all look like improvements. Shorter stalk, thumb throttle, different head and tail light has been moved farther back.

That being said, hopefully that chainring is now 52, fenders are aluminum and brakes remain 180's.

Now it they would only offer upgrade options such as street tires, mag wheels, front shock, bottle busses and adjustable brake levers it would be perfect (all for more money of course). I could install options myself but it's a missed opportunity for Lectric to get a little more earnings per bike.

Mine has yet to arrive #3640. Lectric is selling well over fifty bikes a day so I will be patient. And how are they making money on these?

Here's some things I've noticed in the latest production bikes pictures/vids and all look like improvements. Shorter stalk, thumb throttle, different head and tail light has been moved farther back.

That being said, hopefully that chainring is now 52, fenders are aluminum and brakes remain 180's.

Now it they would only offer upgrade options such as street tires, mag wheels, front shock, bottle busses and adjustable brake levers it would be perfect (all for more money of course). I could install options myself but it's a missed opportunity for Lectric to get a little more earnings per bike.
I have yet to see aluminum fenders, thumb throttle or 180mm brake rotors...Mine has none of those....

Wow! Looks nice! We won't get our bikes til sometime in October but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait! Where did you get the mirror and drink holder?

Wow! Looks nice! We won't get our bikes til sometime in October but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait! Where did you get the mirror and drink holder?
Both are from Amazon
TOOGOO 1 Pair 7/8 22Mm Motorcycle... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07SBSZT8X?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Can't find the link for this but this is it
Baby Stroller Cup Holder Motorbike Bike Cup Cup Feeder Fixed Mount Universal for Bicycle Tricycle Umbrella Stroller

1. Baby Stroller Cup Holder Motorbike Bike Cup Cup Feeder Fixed Mount Universal for Bicycle Tricycle Umbrella Stroller

Last edited:
Hey guys anyone that is attaching anything by the clamp method on their bike here's a tip find a piece of innertube and cut it the same size as the clamp and wrap around it first...nothing will slip this way and it keeps you from marking your bike up

Back