Lectric XP

I got the smaller size...good work you will love the sound....
Thanks for your tip on your previous post. I didn't even mount the factory bell it was so wimpy. This one should work well and have room for the cell phone holder. Ordered 2 of them, thanks.

Last edited:
🥴 New Tip.....Clock for our bikes!!!!

Here's another Aliexpress promotion...
I picked up one of these clamp on clocks. There quite reliable and nice looking and inexpensive. I had to order some shims to make it fit as this was intended for motorbike handlebars. To make it fit properly I put a hose clamp on one of the shims and cut it in half lengthways. Total cost under $10.00 Canadian.

Attachments

• 20190916_173204.jpg
    20190916_173204.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 683
  • 20190916_173221.jpg
    20190916_173221.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 745
  • 20190916_172410.jpg
    20190916_172410.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 632
  • SmartSelect_20190916-174443_AliExpress.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190916-174443_AliExpress.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 577
  • SmartSelect_20190916-174509_AliExpress.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190916-174509_AliExpress.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 558
Don't have my bike yet or a shipping number, but I do love reading all the reports and about all the accessories. In an effort to make things easier to find, I am going to start a new thread for accessories. Might be nice to break that discussion off and have it in its own thread.

A few updates on speed tests and mods...

After reinstalling the new tires the right direction and dialing in my tire size in settings I did some speed tests today. I had 3 runs using GPS and display where I briefly hit 31mph in 7th gear(11 tooth) PAS 5. The motor will cut out at 28mph if you don't change it above 45kph in settings. The tires were at 35psi and they are quiet and awesome for street riding!

I put a piece of weather stripping on the back of the battery and a thick rubber band around the front to eliminate all rattle. (pics below)

Installed a dual leg kickstand from a junker found on trash day.

Hid a Trackr Bravo with double sided tape in the headlight just in case it goes missing!?

38491 38492 38493 38494 38495 38496

Hello everyone, I would just like everyone to know that Lectric ebikes (Brent, Robby & Levi) have excellent customer service, I finally got my 2 bikes and one of them didn't turn on and this was Friday 13th so just my luck I guess. But Brent actually got back to me on Saturday morning to try and troubleshoot the problem and referred it to his technician. Then Robby got back to me later on Saturday and we tried another thing but it still wouldnt turn on. So this morning Robby called me back to have me take off the display screen & Mode button (couple of screws each no prob), it has a quick disconnect and because I have 2 bikes we tried to plug it into the black bike and it still didn't work, so then I took both bikes and plugged the white bike into the black bike and used the black bikes display and everything worked fine on the white one, sounds confusing but not really, I just wanted to make double sure that it was the display screen that was malfunctioning and not something else. So needless to say, the display was the problem and Robby said they would ship me out a new display asap. Well not even 1/2 hr later I had my shipping email and tracking number. Thanks guys, I am very happy with this outcome, it would have been a pain in the butt to send the whole bike back seeings how I live in Canada and had it shipped to the border. Can't say enough about this customer service...so great, well done!!
That's great news. I guess everyone should order 2 for just such an emergency huh?

After reinstalling the new tires the right direction and dialing in my tire size in settings I did some speed tests today. I had 3 runs using GPS and display where I briefly hit 31mph in 7th gear(11 tooth) PAS 5. The motor will cut out at 28mph if you don't change it above 45kph in settings. The tires were at 35psi and they are quiet and awesome for street riding!

I put a piece of weather stripping on the back of the battery and a thick rubber band around the front to eliminate all rattle. (pics below)

Hid a Trackr Bravo with double sided tape in the headlight just in case it goes missing!?

View attachment 38491 View attachment 38492 View attachment 38493 View attachment 38494 View attachment 38495 View attachment 38496
Rubber bands, duct tape and zip ties. What is holding together our society!

Hello everyone, I would just like everyone to know that Lectric ebikes (Brent, Robby & Levi) have excellent customer service, I finally got my 2 bikes and one of them didn't turn on and this was Friday 13th so just my luck I guess. But Brent actually got back to me on Saturday morning to try and troubleshoot the problem and referred it to his technician. Then Robby got back to me later on Saturday and we tried another thing but it still wouldnt turn on. So this morning Robby called me back to have me take off the display screen & Mode button (couple of screws each no prob), it has a quick disconnect and because I have 2 bikes we tried to plug it into the black bike and it still didn't work, so then I took both bikes and plugged the white bike into the black bike and used the black bikes display and everything worked fine on the white one, sounds confusing but not really, I just wanted to make double sure that it was the display screen that was malfunctioning and not something else. So needless to say, the display was the problem and Robby said they would ship me out a new display asap. Well not even 1/2 hr later I had my shipping email and tracking number. Thanks guys, I am very happy with this outcome, it would have been a pain in the butt to send the whole bike back seeings how I live in Canada and had it shipped to the border. Can't say enough about this customer service...so great, well done!!

Hey Swillpup (interesting handle! lol), I'd just like to say thank you. People tend to be quick to post something when they need help and not so quick on the "post-mortem". This is great information for anybody that's ordered a bike or anybody that's thinking about ordering.

Don't have my bike yet or a shipping number, but I do love reading all the reports and about all the accessories. In an effort to make things easier to find, I am going to start a new thread for accessories. Might be nice to break that discussion off and have it in its own thread.

If we break the mods and the accessories off, what will we have left to discuss?

View attachment 38491 View attachment 38492 View attachment 38493 View attachment 38494 View attachment 38495 View attachment 38496

Love the tires

The tires and new gearing make acceleration and maintaining speed much better. They ride great and are quiet. You can inflate them to 35psi, I installed them backwards in my rush to ride. Will provide links.

Tires

Freewheel
I liked the tires until I clicked on the link and found out the the price in Canada was $194 each :eek:

Hello! I'm new here, and this has probably been asked before but I couldn't successfully find it in a search, but how exactly do you guys lock up your Lectric XPs to standard bike racks?

I ordered mine on Aug. 31, and I'm order #5113, which is allegedly going to be shipped in October, but I'm trying not to count on that too hard. Either way, I want to be able to be prepared for when I get it and be able to go out and use it and properly lock it up to bike racks. My college campus is extremely hilly and bicycle hell even for me, and I've cycled almost every day since I was 10.

Like I said, I live on a college campus, so bike theft is obviously an issue. Last year, there were 40 bike thefts during the school year and already there's been one bike theft from right outside my residence hall, which is scary. It wasn't my bike that was stolen, but it wasn't my first run-in with bike theft: I've had two bikes stolen in my lifetime, and another time I caught a bike theft attempt in progress. In other words, this isn't my first rodeo.

From looking at the XP's frame, it's not obvious to me how one would properly lock it with a standard U-bar lock, much less the spare mini "Fahgettaboudit" U-lock I have now. I already have a spare short chain lock that I suspect I will use to either lock the front wheel to the frame and/or the rack. As it stands now, I suspect using chain locks to secure it will be the best approach.

I already plan on just folding the thing up and keeping it in my dorm room with me overnight so that I don't have to worry about it getting jacked from outside of my residence hall, but when I'm in classes/labs for 1-3 hours, I'd rather not be constantly thinking about my bicycle and hoping it's still where I left it.

So... how do you guys lock it up? Pictures would be awesome, but don't feel obligated.

P.S.: There's a guy on campus who owns a Rad Mini and he locks it... with a single cable lock. Yep. He uses a cable lock to secure his $1500 e-bike... at that point, you're almost asking for it. He's lucky I'm not a bike thief.
After getting flamed in a PM for MY choice of lock for MY needs, I will never mention locks again! Any lock can be broken into, you have to decided how much security is needed for your area. Do your collage buddies walk around with bolt cutters or die grinders? Or do they all watch out for each other? My opinion of locks, they keep honest people honest. NYC and LA are proving grounds. 😁

Last edited:
wow, I got some on my rad mini they're like 35-40 bucks at rad powerbikes.
just re-checked they are $35 US. I talked to the service techs at Rad when I bought the bike. They recommend the 20X4.25 inner tube for the Kenda Kraze as they call them because they have an oval shape to them. Dunno if its B.S. or not. The guy I bought the Rad off of had already installed them and told me he put the larger tubes in.

I want to put road/cruiser tires on my XP. I have searched this forum and found info on spreading the frame etc... but no other specific instructions. My question is about removing the tire. Specifically... there is a wire going into the hub through one of the axle bolts. I obviously dont want to twist off or break that wire lol.... can someone point me to the instructions to remove the rear?

I want to put road/cruiser tires on my XP. I have searched this forum and found info on spreading the frame etc... but no other specific instructions. My question is about removing the tire. Specifically... there is a wire going into the hub through one of the axle bolts. I obviously dont want to twist off or break that wire lol.... can someone point me to the instructions to remove the rear?
About 6 to 8 inches from where the wire enters the rear wheel hub there is a disconnect. Simply pull wire apart at that point. If the wire is zip tied between the disconnect and your rear hub cut the zip tie and remove tire. Dont forget to re zip tie. You dont want power cord dangling and catching on something when you whizz by at 28mph.

Back