Lectric XP

I want to put road/cruiser tires on my XP. I have searched this forum and found info on spreading the frame etc... but no other specific instructions. My question is about removing the tire. Specifically... there is a wire going into the hub through one of the axle bolts. I obviously dont want to twist off or break that wire lol.... can someone point me to the instructions to remove the rear?
There is a plug to unplug the motor on he left side. Lots of good vidios on Youtube. Rad-mini has one almost identical to the XP. The axle bolt will come off without effecting the wire. Take photos of the location of all the washers and pay attention to which way to torque washer tabs go. That was the mistake I made. Do NOT take photos on the kickstand then turn it upside down to work on it. 😂

Last edited:
There is a plug to unplug the motor on he left side. Lots of good vidios on Youtube. Rad-mini has one almost identical to the XP. The axle bolt will come off without effecting the wire. Take photos of the location of all the washers and pay attention to which way to torque washer tabs go. That was the mistake I made. Do NOT take photos on the kickstand then turn it upside down to work on it. 😂
Thanks!

just re-checked they are $35 US. I talked to the service techs at Rad when I bought the bike. They recommend the 20X4.25 inner tube for the Kenda Kraze as they call them because they have an oval shape to them. Dunno if its B.S. or not. The guy I bought the Rad off of had already installed them and told me he put the larger tubes in.
Yes, $35 is the Amazon price in the States. The $194 is the Amazon Canada price which is why I mostly shop in the States. I once bought a backpack for $38 but the Canadian price was over $600!

About 6 to 8 inches from where the wire enters the rear wheel hub there is a disconnect. Simply pull wire apart at that point. If the wire is zip tied between the disconnect and your rear hub cut the zip tie and remove tire. Dont forget to re zip tie. You dont want power cord dangling and catching on something when you whizz by at 28mph.
Thank you!

I want to put road/cruiser tires on my XP. I have searched this forum and found info on spreading the frame etc... but no other specific instructions. My question is about removing the tire. Specifically... there is a wire going into the hub through one of the axle bolts. I obviously dont want to twist off or break that wire lol.... can someone point me to the instructions to remove the rear?
Note that there are two arrows on the plug that point to each other. that's the way to align it up when plugging back in. I have a slick way of popping the wheel out of the stays that doesn't use a mallet. I'm going to be doing this same job tonight so I will post pictures tomorrow. But if you're in a big fat hurry, I can try to explain.

Note that there are two arrows on the plug that point to each other. that's the way to align it up when plugging back in. I have a slick way of popping the wheel out of the stays that doesn't use a mallet. I'm going to be doing this same job tonight so I will post pictures tomorrow. But if you're in a big fat hurry, I can try to explain.
My tires are still in transit... so it wont be for several days yet. I'd appreciate the pic when you do it... Thanks!

After getting flamed in a PM for MY choice of lock for MY needs, I will never mention locks again! Any lock can be broken into, you have to decided how much security is needed for your area. Do your collage buddies walk around with bolt cutters or die grinders? Or do they all watch out for each other? My opinion of locks, they keep honest people honest. NYC and LA are proving grounds. 😁
Part of the problem with my campus is that many of the academic buildings have rules specifically against bringing bicycles inside the buildings, which in my opinion is completely dumb. However, when it rains, a lot of students do it anyway and it becomes a "they can't stop all of us" thing. But for when it's not raining, that means I have to do the best I can with locking it outside.

Part of the problem with my campus is that many of the academic buildings have rules specifically against bringing bicycles inside the buildings, which in my opinion is completely dumb. However, when it rains, a lot of students do it anyway and it becomes a "they can't stop all of us" thing. But for when it's not raining, that means I have to do the best I can with locking it outside.
And when the bike is a $1,000+ value, IMO makes no sense to buy a $20.00 lock. Invest in the best you can afford, unless you have all the money in the world to buy another bike, than go with a cable lock, me, I can't afford to replace the bike so I went with an Abus.

And when the bike is a $1,000+ value, IMO makes no sense to buy a $20.00 lock. Invest in the best you can afford, unless you have all the money in the world to buy another bike, than go with a cable lock, me, I can't afford to replace the bike so I went with an Abus.
Not only that your college buddies aren't the guys walking around with the battery-powered disk grinders. It's the crackheads that stole the disk grinders that are the ones you have to worry about..

Several Youtube videos on locks. You can spend 1/2 the cost of the bike if you are in a high risk area, or judge how much security is needed in the area of your campus.

It's the crackheads that stole the disk grinders that are the ones you have to worry about..

lol Well said!

One of the reasons I spent a little and bought a real lock is that when it's a few months old and I insert the key, I want it to unlock. I don't want to be stranded somewhere. By the time the cheap lock maker pays for Amazon's cut and "free shipping" and packaging and a shackle and returns and customer service and everything else that goes into selling a product, how much is left for the lock inerds, 59 cents?

Last edited:
Follow the motor wire about a foot away and unplug the connector. loosen both dropout bolts and remove allen bolt close to dropout on non motor side. Put wrench on either axle bolt and gently hit with mallet alternating both sides until wheel is out. When putting wheel back on start with motor side barely in dropout and use a large screwdriver between frame and hub to get other side started. Work both sides in slow and don’t wedge screwdriver on brake disc or freewheel.

Get Kryptonite New York Noose 1213 and don't look back.
Regular to medium size bolt cutters won't touch it. Even with large ones it's crazy hard to cut this chain. Check YouTube.
No one on campus will walk around with 4 + feet long bolt cutters
Chain is 56" long , so enough to secure front wheel and a bike ( maybe back wheel too )
Plus you register the lock on Kryptonite website and if your bike gets stolen you get you money back so you get a lock and insurance in one .
Chain only has one minus , its heavy.

Not only that your college buddies aren't the guys walking around with the battery-powered disk grinders. It's the crackheads that stole the disk grinders that are the ones you have to worry about..
Yeah. I invested almost $200 in various locks. I got a chain lock for locking the front tire to the frame and maybe the rack too. As well, I got another, much more expensive Kryptonite Series-4 chain lock for locking the back tire to the frame and rack, and then a cheap Chinese folding lock for locking the seat to the frame so that doesn't get stolen (if you can believe it, I have had my seat stolen before. Crackheads are wild, but I doubt anyone will go to the effort to cut a lock just to steal a seat) as well as another, more expensive Kryptonite folding lock that I'll probably use either when I'm feeling especially paranoid, or just as a backup, but probably the former because to hell with getting a bicycle that I likely will have waited 2+ months for stolen.

Is it expensive? Yes. Is it paranoid? For sure. Will it take 60 seconds to lock and unlock? Yeah, but that's better than my bike being an easy target for thieves. Will it deter crackheads that want to flip my bike to feed their coke addiction? Eh, maybe. But it's better than just using a cable lock.

Last edited:
A few updates on speed tests and mods...

After reinstalling the new tires the right direction and dialing in my tire size in settings I did some speed tests today. I had 3 runs using GPS and display where I briefly hit 31mph in 7th gear(11 tooth) PAS 5. The motor will cut out at 28mph if you don't change it above 45kph in settings. The tires were at 35psi and they are quiet and awesome for street riding!

I put a piece of weather stripping on the back of the battery and a thick rubber band around the front to eliminate all rattle. (pics below)

Installed a dual leg kickstand from a junker found on trash day.

Hid a Trackr Bravo with double sided tape in the headlight just in case it goes missing!?

View attachment 38491 View attachment 38492 View attachment 38493 View attachment 38494 View attachment 38495 View attachment 38496
What kind of tires are those?

"No one on campus will walk around with 4 + feet long bolt cutters " Your right. they use battery powered grinders with cut off wheels.
Anything you use to lock your bike can be cut with power grinder. Any cable can be cut with small to medium bolt cutters. Any chain up to 10mm. can be cut with medium bolt cutters. What im saying is this chain cant be cut with bolt cutters that are under 36" long. Even with power grinder it would take two cuts , a lot of noise and sparks. Not easy task during day time on campus. Night is different story. I live in NYC and i never saw anyone cutting chains with power grinder during day time. Again night time is different story.

Anything you use to lock your bike can be cut with power grinder. Any cable can be cut with small to medium bolt cutters. Any chain up to 10mm. can be cut with medium bolt cutters. What im saying is this chain cant be cut with bolt cutters that are under 36" long. Even with power grinder it would take two cuts , a lot of noise and sparks. Not easy task during day time on campus. Night is different story. I live in NYC and i never saw anyone cutting chains with power grinder during day time. Again night time is different story.
It doesn't matter where you are and what time of the day it is

Back