Known Issues & Problems with Trek Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Hello from a Scandinavian newbie. I just bought a Trek Allant+ 9s. I use it for commuting. It's really a great bike. I haven't regretted for one second that I bought it. Before I would be stuck in the traffic. Now I commute along the ocean, through woods and marshes. Enjoying the wild life. There's is just one thing. When I ride at +20 miles pr hour the front wheel starts to wobble. A lot. I expected it wouldn't be as stable as a road bike as it's smaller and more compact (27.5x2.4"). But as it is now it's clearly unsafe to ride without a firm grip on both handlebars. Is this normal? Never experienced anything like it on other bikes or motorbikes. I hope someone on the forum can advise me here.
Did you ever solve this? Shortly after I got my Allant+ 7S I noticed that it would start violently wobbling (I call it the 'Death Wobble') if I was going ~25 MPH and took my hands off the handlebar (I know, I shouldn't be riding w/o at least one hand on the handlebars). Fast forward to now and it is very noticeable when I only have one hand on the handlebars and get to around ~20MPH. I can actually feel it a little bit even with both hands on the handlebars at that same speed.

I had mentioned it to a technician when I first noticed it ~10 months ago and they just brushed it off; I'll be a little more firm on the issue the next time I go in since it is much more noticeable now, but am wondering if you were able to figure it out.

Did you ever solve this? Shortly after I got my Allant+ 7S I noticed that it would start violently wobbling (I call it the 'Death Wobble') if I was going ~25 MPH and took my hands off the handlebar (I know, I shouldn't be riding w/o at least one hand on the handlebars). Fast forward to now and it is very noticeable when I only have one hand on the handlebars and get to around ~20MPH. I can actually feel it a little bit even with both hands on the handlebars at that same speed.

I had mentioned it to a technician when I first noticed it ~10 months ago and they just brushed it off; I'll be a little more firm on the issue the next time I go in since it is much more noticeable now, but am wondering if you were able to figure it out.
I have an 8+S with 3600 miles and have not had this problem. Yet.

I have an 8+S with 3600 miles and have not had this problem. Yet.
Currently I am at 5711 miles and have never had this happen. There is something obviously wrong and I would recommend you have it checked out completely by a competent bicycle shop. Could be the wheel spokes need to be adjusted.

I have a 9.9s and ride it hard and fast quite often. It has 27.5 x 2.4" Schwalbe Hurricane tires on original rims. With over 3,000 miles of service, it is steady as a rock with no wobble under any circumstances. Something is not right. Maybe an axle bearing or uneven spoke tension. I would insist that the Trek store look into it, figure out what is causing it and make it right.

Hi I am new to the forum. I have a 2019 Domane +. Having issue with the kickstand. One of the metal bolt guides on the outside of chain stay came unglued and was lost. Trek says they don't have a fix for this issue. Anyone have any ideas for how to fix this? I guess I need to make a bracket to replace it?

Hi I am new to the forum. I have a 2019 Domane +. Having issue with the kickstand. One of the metal bolt guides on the outside of chain stay came unglued and was lost. Trek says they don't have a fix for this issue. Anyone have any ideas for how to fix this? I guess I need to make a bracket to replace it?
Most road bikes don't have a kickstand anyway. Perhaps just remove the other bolt and either don't us a kickstand or get a Clicktand. That is what I use on my Cannondale Topstone Neo Carbon 3. They are made to measure and quite handy. Be sure to get the measurements correct if you order one.

d32d7723a6003a0caf8934a27f1603bb
ff450b076faa79aca896c4ab2daa5d87

Back