Known Issues & Problems with Specialized Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Emailed Paolo Dozio. No response. Ridercare at Specialized is also unavailable, but that's been frequently the case for years.

Paolo sent a forumfree.it link. Comes with ads for young girls looking to hookup. I'm trying to hook up with the BLevo app, not the girls. Tried it again after changing and re-entering settings. It says scanning for bike, but never finds it. Now it's back to "turn Bluetooth on". I asked Paolo for a refund. He wrote back: "Ask at the store...I cannot refund". This app and support is a joke. Beware.

Paolo sent a forumfree.it link. Comes with ads for young girls looking to hookup. I'm trying to hook up with the BLevo app, not the girls. Tried it again after changing and re-entering settings. It says scanning for bike, but never finds it. Now it's back to "turn Bluetooth on". I asked Paolo for a refund. He wrote back: "Ask at the store...I cannot refund". This app and support is a joke. Beware.
That's strange. I was refunded immediately. Try using another device, other than your Iphone with MC and BLEvo. It might help? What's even more strange is BLEvo was designed to work with the Levo. 4.6 rating out of 5 with over 10K downloads and over 700 reviews. I'm one of those who rated the app 5 stars. No problem here. A shared experience with hundreds of others. Works great with my Turbo Vado 5.0, 2019 edition.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210106-112639.png
    Screenshot_20210106-112639.png
    475.9 KB · Views: 248
The claim is that it is compatible with my e-bike. It is not, apparently, and support via some forum is useless. It's a Gen I Specialized e-bike with up to date firmware and an Iphone 11 that is quite functional. Very simple.

I strongly disagree Rede. The fact BLEvo doesn't work for you doesn't mean the app is bad.
Something is amiss IMO if he is having issues with both MC and BLEvo as an owner of a LEvo. Old generation LEvo, several changes, motor, battery etc. That could have a lot to do with it.

The claim is that it is compatible with my e-bike. It is not, apparently, and support via some forum is useless. It's a Gen I Specialized e-bike with up to date firmware and an Iphone 11 that is quite functional. Very simple.
Apparently not so simple. Something is going on. That Iphone 11 could very well be the culprit. Due to upgrades, people have reported their newer flagship devices stopped working with these apps. Especially, when Android 10 dropped. Now we have 11. Search the forums for solutions. Not to say there hasn't been some unhappy campers. Otherwise 4.6 ratings would 5. MC ratings are 3.1.

I bought it because it was supposedly much better than MC, which was perfect 4 years ago, and now is problematic, especially with no service. I'm quite aware that these wonderful "plug and play" devices are often not. The Iphone 11 is rather mainstream, and if there is an issue, then BLevo needs to fix it. My e-bike is totally Specialized, and not modified in any way, and is up to date according to Specialized. And, sending a forum link with sexy ads is hardly a professional approach.

Battery health is the current battery capacity compared to the nominal full charge. For example 90% healthy battery of 500 Wh nominal charge only stores 450 Wh when charged to 100%.
For whatever reason over the last year or so, the battery usually only charges up to 94-96%, rarely 100%. The charger is relatively new, a warranty replacement in 2019. So with 90% healthy battery, does that mean the capacity is now 0.90 times 0.95 = 0.855, or a range reduction of roughly 15%? Thanks

Looks like Turbo Vado 5.0 has a couple of updates according to MC. That's one thing BLEvo doesn't do. 😜. Looks like for the display and motor. Everything is working good right now. What to do? If it breaks something connecting to MC and BLEvo I'll be unhappy.

Looks like Turbo Vado 5.0 has a couple of updates according to MC. That's one thing BLEvo doesn't do. 😜. Looks like for the display and motor. Everything is working good right now. What to do? If it breaks something connecting to MC and BLEvo I'll be unhappy.
I got my display updated and BLEvo still works OK...

Hello everyone, considering buying a somewhat used Specialized Turbo (2016). I rode the bike and did not notice any of the issues identified here.
Maybe there is something I’m missing though.
Any issues specific to this model I should be aware of? Thank you for your time!

Hello everyone, considering buying a somewhat used Specialized Turbo (2016). I rode the bike and did not notice any of the issues identified here.
Maybe there is something I’m missing though.
Any issues specific to this model I should be aware of? Thank you for your time!
It is an older model than Vado, Como, Creo or Levo (including SL e-bikes). Several older Turbo models are Forum members though.
If you want to buy a 2016 Turbo, be aware that the battery might be heavily degraded, and I am not sure if you can buy a new one. (If you can, the battery will be very expensive).

It is an older model than Vado, Como, Creo or Levo (including SL e-bikes). Several older Turbo models are Forum members though.
If you want to buy a 2016 Turbo, be aware that the battery might be heavily degraded, and I am not sure if you can buy a new one. (If you can, the battery will be very expensive).
Thanks for the super fast reply Stefan. As far as I could make out, the bike was not used a lot.
I read in some of the comments that Specialized was committed to continue producing these batteries for a few years, is this still the case?
Also, in your opinion, is it worth buying an ebike of this age or am I looking for trouble here? 😅

Back