Known Issues & Problems with Lectric eBikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

I received my Bike 3 days before the posted arrival time. I had no dents, no loose fenders, no broken bolts, no scratches and the pedals were level and I couldn't tighten them a millimeter they were so tight. I had slight bend in headlight mounting bracket that could be easily corrected with one hand. Kudos to Lectric bike from me! I have a white bike on pre-order for April delivery and wonder what corona virus outbreak will do to the schedule deliveries?

I received my Bike 3 days before the posted arrival time. I had no dents, no loose fenders, no broken bolts, no scratches and the pedals were level and I couldn't tighten them a millimeter they were so tight. I had slight bend in headlight mounting bracket that could be easily corrected with one hand. Kudos to Lectric bike from me! I have a white bike on pre-order for April delivery and wonder what corona virus outbreak will do to the schedule deliveries?
Congratulations...I’m sure you’ll have no regrets and totally enjoy your XP. The guys are great to deal with if you do have any issues and the bikes are a hoot. I just recently hit the 1500k mark on mine...

I use my old trailer hitch bike mount for e-bike maintenance. Not as convenient as a dedicated stand, but this one folds and doesn't take up much space when folded. Of course, I have to attach it to a 4000 pound truck, lol

1582412547876.png

I use my old trailer hitch bike mount for e-bike maintenance. Not as convenient as a dedicated stand, but this one folds and doesn't take up much space when folded. Of course, I have to attach it to a 4000 pound truck, lol

View attachment 46231
This is what I got and I like it.

Attachments

• 2D966037-2E9F-4A9C-A1AC-3037D86C68D6.png
    2D966037-2E9F-4A9C-A1AC-3037D86C68D6.png
    1 MB · Views: 489
Looks like a nice bike repair stand DanielO, but it is rated at max 60 lbs. Is our Lectric XP just about to heavy for it to be safe? Thanks for the post anyway.

Looks like a nice bike repair stand DanielO, but it is rated at max 60 lbs. Is our Lectric XP just about to heavy for it to be safe? Thanks for the post anyway.
I actually do a little bit of lightening before putting it on the stand by removing the battery. This brings it within the stated range but I think the stated range is actually conservative. It seems to be able to handle it quite well. It folds up and stows away very nicely, too.

Congratulations...I’m sure you’ll have no regrets and totally enjoy your XP. The guys are great to deal with if you do have any issues and the bikes are a hoot. I just recently hit the 1500k mark on mine...
Wow congratulations Darceman on the milage, I know we got our bikes at about the same time last year, only got about 400 hundred on mine before winter put a halt on it, but at least I did put a few improvements on it while it was in the house (11 tooth freewheel, Head light, Kendra Kraze tires, Bafang thump throttle, also a Rock Bros bike panniers bag that I found out can carry a spare battery). I would also like to thank you for a lot of good advise on where to purchase some of the up grades, and the wiring needed for them.

hello everyone :) I am in the waiting club until the around the 3rd week of April. just wanted to ask if what they say is accurate or if 3rd week of April means ill probably get mine in May? also I see people are having issues with pedals so ill be checking mine b4 my 1st ride. any other things people suggest I go over before my first ride? I plan on using this as a commuter bike and I understand in terms of price its on the cheap end so if theres anything I can to from the start to add to the bikes overall longevity I want to do so. very comforted by you saying you got a replacement battery MikeMcG. batteries even when treated nice can be hit or miss as far as ive seen so really glad I dont haft to stress if mines ends up being a miss. thank for any help/ info / suggestions everyone

hello everyone :) I am in the waiting club until the around the 3rd week of April. just wanted to ask if what they say is accurate or if 3rd week of April means ill probably get mine in May? also I see people are having issues with pedals so ill be checking mine b4 my 1st ride. any other things people suggest I go over before my first ride? I plan on using this as a commuter bike and I understand in terms of price its on the cheap end so if theres anything I can to from the start to add to the bikes overall longevity I want to do so. very comforted by you saying you got a replacement battery MikeMcG. batteries even when treated nice can be hit or miss as far as ive seen so really glad I dont haft to stress if mines ends up being a miss. thank for any help/ info / suggestions everyone

Noticed this while swapping batteries today, looks like a good place for some more loctite! My other battery is fine though.
hey so yea hope its just a hardware issue and Loctite or resealing the joint works/ed. but if you start noticing its capacity dropping fast or excess heat be careful. I hope im not telling you stuff you already know and I cant really see from your photo what the cause is. but lithium ion batteries can produce gasses and because theyre sealed cells if they do they puff up / expand. this could cause things to get pushed out slowly. At least with other cells ive seen expanding from gasses there didnt seem to be much danger just a sharp decline in capacity. but I never continued to use them long after they start puffing up. Excessive heat coming from the battery is the only dangerous thing to watch for as far as I know. anyway hope it was an easy fix.

To SpEdward; I ordered and received my Lectric XP in December 2019, received it one week later in perfect condition. Not a single screw, bolt, or pedal was loose! Every item on this ebike is working as it should, perhaps, I am one of the lucky ones. However, documentation did caution, to check all of these items to make sure that they were secure. I suspect with what is going on in China with the virus outbreak, delivery of these ebikes will be delayed as well as everything else that comes from there.

hey so yea hope its just a hardware issue and Loctite or resealing the joint works/ed. but if you start noticing its capacity dropping fast or excess heat be careful. I hope im not telling you stuff you already know and I cant really see from your photo what the cause is. but lithium ion batteries can produce gasses and because theyre sealed cells if they do they puff up / expand. this could cause things to get pushed out slowly. At least with other cells ive seen expanding from gasses there didnt seem to be much danger just a sharp decline in capacity. but I never continued to use them long after they start puffing up. Excessive heat coming from the battery is the only dangerous thing to watch for as far as I know. anyway hope it was an easy fix.
It was just the case coming loose, the batteries are separate.

To SpEdward; I ordered and received my Lectric XP in December 2019, received it one week later in perfect condition. Not a single screw, bolt, or pedal was loose! Every item on this ebike is working as it should, perhaps, I am one of the lucky ones. However, documentation did caution, to check all of these items to make sure that they were secure. I suspect with what is going on in China with the virus outbreak, delivery of these ebikes will be delayed as well as everything else that comes from there.
I was worried about that being an issue. wonder if there are any precautions taken or or just hold ups with production.? still hope 9-11 weeks (what letric estimated) is long enough I dont know if ill wait longer than the end of april or if ill get the money back n try another. it did n does seem like a good deal at $899. but waiting does give me more time to save up for better and shop around or settle for less. anyway glad you had good luck hope other than the wait I do as well.

I took a spill the other day (too fast on wet bricks), broke the right brake lever and the electrics went out. I checked the battery to reseat it, and it looked like this:
IMG_20200317_101321.jpg

I also noticed one of the posts (second one in on the left, the positive side) was indented in, lower than the other posts.

IMG_20200317_101340.jpg

Is that normal? It works again, but I'm waiting for the brake lever to arrive from Lectric.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_20200317_101340.jpg
    IMG_20200317_101340.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 390
I took a spill the other day (too fast on wet bricks), broke the right brake lever and the electrics went out. I checked the battery to reseat it, and it looked like this:View attachment 47898

I also noticed one of the posts (second one in on the left, the positive side) was indented in, lower than the other posts.

View attachment 47900

Is that normal? It works again, but I'm waiting for the brake lever to arrive from Lectric.

Thanks for the help.
Posts are all the same height on mine.

I took a spill the other day (too fast on wet bricks), broke the right brake lever and the electrics went out. I checked the battery to reseat it, and it looked like this:View attachment 47898

View attachment 47900

Thanks for the help.
Mine all the same

View attachment 47900

Thanks for the help.
Mine are all the same length.

if its still working id guess the wire connection is still ok. but probably moved just enough plastic to not hold the post tightly.? have you tried to move it with some needle nose pliers? if it is easily moved around I would try pulling it flush with the others and melting the plastic around the base so that it holds it snug again. otherwise taking those screws out n seeing what it looks like from the back side. its not the battery so shouldn't haft to worry about getting shocked

Back