Known Issues & Problems with Lectric eBikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Lectric eBikes as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Hi Everyone and thank you Court for this Lectric eBike Forum,

Received the Lectric XP on 9-05-19.
Some flaws but overall in my opinion a GREAT value.
*A bolt was broke off where the rear bike rack attaches, fixed and changed mounting points.
*Fixed front fender rattle with a piece of rubber tubing.
*Fixed battery rattle with two thin pieces of felt
*One paint flaw
*One scratch

Attachments

• 20190906_080205.jpg
    20190906_080205.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,697
  • 20190909_153056.jpg
    20190909_153056.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 2,719
  • 20190908_172710.jpg
    20190908_172710.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 2,636
  • 20190909_160448.jpg
    20190909_160448.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,517
  • 20190906_081042.jpg
    20190906_081042.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 2,485
  • 20190906_081017.jpg
    20190906_081017.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 2,464
Help!! I just picked up both a white and a black xp that I have waited over 2 months to get and the white one won't even turn on? WTF!! I have tried the battery from my white one in the black one and it works fine, but even putting the black battery into my white bike it still doesn't turn on. I have the key in the ON position and the battery is locked in. Anyone have any suggestions on what is going on????
It sounds like an electrical issue, I would suggest check every cable wiggle them around it could have come loose or disconnected. Trace the wires back all the way to the controller. Check this video out at time 3:30 kev central second video he made about the LECTRIC xp

Hi Everyone and thank you Court for this Lectric eBike Forum,

Received the Lectric XP on 9-05-19.
Some flaws but overall in my opinion a GREAT value.
*A bolt was broke off where the rear bike rack attaches, fixed and changed mounting points.
*Fixed front fender rattle with a piece of rubber tubing.
*Fixed battery rattle with two thin pieces of felt
*One paint flaw
*One scratch
Looks nice Tom. Im glad u noticed rear rack was attatched wrong also. Someone else mentioned this but we had no pics. Mine not here yet

Hello everyone, I would just like everyone to know that Lectric ebikes (Brent, Robby & Levi) have excellent customer service, I finally got my 2 bikes and one of them didn't turn on and this was Friday 13th so just my luck I guess. But Brent actually got back to me on Saturday morning to try and troubleshoot the problem and referred it to his technician. Then Robby got back to me later on Saturday and we tried another thing but it still wouldnt turn on. So this morning Robby called me back to have me take off the display screen & Mode button (couple of screws each no prob), it has a quick disconnect and because I have 2 bikes we tried to plug it into the black bike and it still didn't work, so then I took both bikes and plugged the white bike into the black bike and used the black bikes display and everything worked fine on the white one, sounds confusing but not really, I just wanted to make double sure that it was the display screen that was malfunctioning and not something else. So needless to say, the display was the problem and Robby said they would ship me out a new display asap. Well not even 1/2 hr later I had my shipping email and tracking number. Thanks guys, I am very happy with this outcome, it would have been a pain in the butt to send the whole bike back seeings how I live in Canada and had it shipped to the border. Can't say enough about this customer service...so great, well done!!

Made a “redneck” bike maintenance stand for the XP. Around $25 in parts.
I like it and will probably make one since the rectangular frame of the XP means I can't use my bike stand except by using my seatpost. Two things I would change though is to add a 2" nipple to one 90 on the top bar and a union fitting to make it easier to assemble and I would make the uprights the height of my choosing so that I can use my short mechanics seat beside the bike. I like the eyelets since you could use ratchet tie straps front and back to pivot the bike and get both wheels off the ground. On my old stand I would use ratchet straps to hang my old e-bike from the rafters for extra safety as well so I might do that with this one too.

Made a “redneck” bike maintenance stand for the XP. Around $25 in parts.
I was looking at your bike stand again and noticed the the pipe/post on the chainring side has an extra piece of wood that the top bar sits on, can you please post a photo from that side to show what you did? Maybe I won't have to add a union and nipple to make it easier to take apart although I would just take the top bar apart if I used the union/nipple and leave the vertical pipes and the wood together.

Crap- received 26 x 4.0 replacement tubes by accident. I assume these won't work. What is the proper size tube required for these bikes?

Hello my new Lectric XP has arrived and I'm really excited about it. I took it out for a spin and the only issue I have is there is some kind of rattling on the front tire. I sent a message to the company this weekend and should hear back from them soon. It seems like an easy fix but other than changing a flat tire I can't fix anything on a bike.

Anyway, I'm so glad this forum exist.

The rear rack is not on wrong... The bottom bolts go through the rack then in to the threaded frame. If you reverse this the end of the bolts face outward. Unless you put a closed acorn nut on this it looks wrong as well.

I just got my XP a couple of days ago. On my first short ride, the pedals felt 'off', as if they were not totally level, but I attributed that to my being used to riding clips, and not flat pedals, on my mountain bike. On my 2nd ride, after a total of 6 miles on the bike, both pedals came unscrewed, and 1 fell off completely. I could see that they had both been attached 'cross-threaded', and had stripped off some of the threads on both the pedals and the crank arm. I returned home under throttle, and re-attached them, using some thread locker, but won't know if they will eventually fail from the stripped threads. I've seen this same issue mentioned by 2 YouTube reviewers as well, so it seems to be a recurring QC issue. I've notified Lectric of the problem.

I just got my XP a couple of days ago. On my first short ride, the pedals felt 'off', as if they were not totally level, but I attributed that to my being used to riding clips, and not flat pedals, on my mountain bike. On my 2nd ride, after a total of 6 miles on the bike, both pedals came unscrewed, and 1 fell off completely. I could see that they had both been attached 'cross-threaded', and had stripped off some of the threads on both the pedals and the crank arm. I returned home under throttle, and re-attached them, using some thread locker, but won't know if they will eventually fail from the stripped threads. I've seen this same issue mentioned by 2 YouTube reviewers as well, so it seems to be a QC problem. I've notified Lectric of the problem.
Oh my God this is not a quality control problem if you read and watch the video they tell you to tighten the pedals.... They even include the wrench... make sure everything is tight before you go on your first ride... numerous people on this forum have mentioned this including me

Oh my God this is not a quality control problem if you read and watch the video they tell you to tighten the pedals.... They even include the wrench... make sure everything is tight before you go on your first ride... numerous people on this forum have mentioned this including me
The pedals had been checked for tightness with the wrench on arrival, but I had not noticed that they were cross threaded at the factory, and were not in straight.

Back