Known Issues & Problems with Lectric eBikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

What usually happens is there not tight... you pedal, they get looser until they strip out a portion of the thread.. if they are tight they will not do this...
I did only give a moderate tug with the wrench to check them, and not really torque on it, so I guess it's possible, but the fact that the pedals felt 'un-level' from the very first few seconds on the bike makes me still think that it was an installation error.

Oh my God this is not a quality control problem if you read and watch the video they tell you to tighten the pedals.... They even include the wrench... make sure everything is tight before you go on your first ride... numerous people on this forum have mentioned this including me
I agree it's not a quality control problem but just tightening the pedals does not seem to be enough. On my bike the right hand pedal fell off AFTER I had tightened it! Now with the blue loctite it seems to be fine. Your pedals probably weren't cross threaded, mine were damaged just because of coming apart but I managed to clean up the threads to install them again. My pedals feel "unlevel" as well but when I look at the pedal the center piece (the bolt) is higher than the body of the pedal and I can feel that when I ride

when I get my bike I will remove the pedals before the first ride and take a photo of the threads. then install them with Loctite.
Do the pedals have right or lefthand threads? I ask because the Lectric video shows the guy tightening the pedal, but it's from the backside of the pedal. I've never had a reason to tighten any pedals on any of my bikes in the past and this is why I ask.

I had some trouble getting the right hand pedal off.

If it helps anybody: I took a piece of 1" x 2" soft wood (pine) and fed it through a hole in the sprocket from the right. And then in front of a vertical tube (NO NOT THE ONE WITH WIRES, THE OTHER ONE). And then in back of the left pedal arm. Now the pedals stayed put while I worked on them. It worked on both the right and left pedals due to how they're threaded.

A broom handle would probably work just as well.

Attachments

• 1x2.jpg
    1x2.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 759
Last edited:
Do the pedals have right or lefthand threads? I ask because the Lectric video shows the guy tightening the pedal, but it's from the backside of the pedal. I've never had a reason to tighten any pedals on any of my bikes in the past and this is why I ask.
Yes the left pedal(when your sitting on the bike) tightens to the left/counter clockwise. Both tighten towards the front of the bike

Yes the left pedal(when your sitting on the bike) tightens to the left/counter clockwise. Both tighten towards the front of the bike
Thanks for that information. I definitely wanted to know where I didn't strip the threads when I tighten my XP when I receive it.

I have the front end rattle. Where/how do you attach a piece of rubber? We have 2 bikes and the only problems are my front end rattle and a few scratches. Interestingly, the locks on the foldable parts are different than on most of the videos we have seen.

Not sure if this is and issue or not. My energy bar fluctuates from full to half full to about a quarter full while peddling. This occurs even when the battery has a full charge. I emailed Lectric about it, they replied asking if I changed any setting I said no. They sent me a list of what the settings should read, PO1-PO20. Mine matched what they should with one exception. PO15 according to Lectric should read 41.5v mine reads 40. I said this to them I am waiting for a reply. I was not able to change the setting from 40 to 41.5v. Any info would be appreciated.

Not sure if this is and issue or not. My energy bar fluctuates from full to half full to about a quarter full while peddling. This occurs even when the battery has a full charge. I emailed Lectric about it, they replied asking if I changed any setting I said no. They sent me a list of what the settings should read, PO1-PO20. Mine matched what they should with one exception. PO15 according to Lectric should read 41.5v mine reads 40. I said this to them I am waiting for a reply. I was not able to change the setting from 40 to 41.5v. Any info would be appreciated.
Mine originally said 38.5 and I put it up to 41.5 when they sent me the standard numbers...

Hello my new Lectric XP has arrived and I'm really excited about it. I took it out for a spin and the only issue I have is there is some kind of rattling on the front tire. I sent a message to the company this weekend and should hear back from them soon. It seems like an easy fix but other than changing a flat tire I can't fix anything on a bike.

Anyway, I'm so glad this forum exist.

Got my XP today and took it out on the town. Great bike. However i noticed this same thing, something on the front of the bike rattling on bumps, and leading to a less than "solid" feel given its a folding bike going at high speed. Anyone know what this may be? I don't think its the fender, as it is solid and not able to impact anything.

Got my XP today and took it out on the town. Great bike. However i noticed this same thing, something on the front of the bike rattling on bumps, and leading to a less than "solid" feel given its a folding bike going at high speed. Anyone know what this may be? I don't think its the fender, as it is solid and not able to impact anything.
Hello and welcome, the rattling is most likely from your battery. If you check through the older posts you can find various ways members have overcome this. I put 3/4" thick closed cell foam that has glue on one side (it's weatherstripping) on the narrow end of the battery that you slide into the frame first and I have no more rattle.

Please tell me how you adjusted it? Mine will not let me change the number from 40 to 41.5 using the up and down arrow keys. Thanks!

Nothing you can do about it because you got a locked bike. Maybe if lectric is feeling kind they may allow you to send in your controller and display and reprogram it for you. If not then you're probably out of luck. Just remember, the bike is still fun regardless if it doesn't work correctly. It shouldn't impact your enjoyment of the bike in any way!

Nothing you can do about it because you got a locked bike. Maybe if lectric is feeling kind they may allow you to send in your controller and display and reprogram it for you. If not then you're probably out of luck. Just remember, the bike is still fun regardless if it doesn't work correctly. It shouldn't impact your enjoyment of the bike in any way!
"Regardless if it doesn't work correctly?"
That's so ridiculous. The setting is where it should be you don't need to change it. That's why it's locked to protect the battery it's fine where it is.

Mine originally said 38.5 and I put it up to 41.5 when they sent me the standard numbers...

"Regardless if it doesn't work correctly?"
That's so ridiculous. The setting is where it should be you don't need to change it. That's why it's locked to protect the battery it's fine where it is.

So you tell him you changed yours (because you don't have a locked bike) and he finds out he can't touch his yet he has the issue. But he doesn't need to change it?Then why did you need to change yours if yours was "working fine"? While yes I may have been slightly overdramatic in my reply, We just keep finding these one or two things that keep popping up that being able to change a setting could fix an issue. Instead, to do that, you have to hope lectric will do it for you, then you have to ship it out with your money through NO fault of your own, remember lectric decided to lock the settings, not us. Those that have bikes with nonlocked settings keep coming back saying oh it's fine. Just go ride, Ignore the problems your seeing, your odometer is off? Go buy a Garmin or you should just sell your bike. When being able to actually adjust settings fixes most of those issues. It seems to be inconceivable for some folks here that a person can love and hate their bike at the same time and NONE of this would have been an issue if the company didn't overreact and decide to lock everything down and a person wants them to own up to their screwup and make it right for those that have problems without it costing the customer more money to fix something that isn't their fault to start with. Overdramatic? Yeah a little but. True? 100%

I just unboxed mine. I would like to adjust wheel size to get an accurate odometer. But then the speedometer would probably be wrong. Strange they are not consistent. I would be very curious once you have your bike "unlocked" if you can get speed and odometer to both be correct. I suspect that is unlikely. But would love to be proven wrong. I feel I got my $899 worth. I have not even ridden it yet. Yes I know in China the same bike would cost less. But I do not live in China.

Hello and welcome, the rattling is most likely from your battery. If you check through the older posts you can find various ways members have overcome this. I put 3/4" thick closed cell foam that has glue on one side (it's weatherstripping) on the narrow end of the battery that you slide into the frame first and I have no more rattle.
Ah thanks so much, makes sense

Back