Known Issues & Problems with Lectric eBikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Do they want the bad battery sent back? Because, if not, I bet you could get it repaired cheaper than a new one. Then you'd have two. Batteries+Bulbs has a repair service. If not, I'll take it.
They so far did not ask for it back.

How hard is it to change gears on a cartridge?

I ask because for me there is rarely a reason to change out of 7th gear other than if I’m riding with my family which means either no pas or level 1 pas.

most of my time I find pas 3 comfortable but even then sometimes I have to stop peddling because I’m just peddling so fast.

Ive hit 31 mph numerous times now for the short 1/4 mile I’m on a road and don’t want to impede traffic while I head to work in a 25 mph zone.

but I would love to replace 6th gear with my 14t and put an 11t into the 7th gear spot.

How hard is it to change gears on a cartridge?

I ask because for me there is rarely a reason to change out of 7th gear other than if I’m riding with my family which means either no pas or level 1 pas.

most of my time I find pas 3 comfortable but even then sometimes I have to stop peddling because I’m just peddling so fast.

Ive hit 31 mph numerous times now for the short 1/4 mile I’m on a road and don’t want to impede traffic while I head to work in a 25 mph zone.

but I would love to replace 6th gear with my 14t and put an 11t into the 7th gear spot.

I have gotten a 11-28T cluster to put on the freewheel, so that I can get decent resistance and a cadence of below 100RPM while cruising at around 22-24 MPH, but haven't put it on yet. It seems that the rear wheel is very tough to get back on once removed, and may need the help of a 2nd person or torquing with a flat-head screwdriver to pry apart the rear dropouts, which tend to clamp together once the wheel is removed. I've seen that in a couple of reviews now, but shouldn't be a big issue, so I hope to do it next week. I have a freewheel removal tool to get it off, but it can be done without one.

I have gotten a 11-28T cluster to put on the freewheel, so that I can get decent resistance and a cadence of below 100RPM while cruising at around 22-24 MPH, but haven't put it on yet. It seems that the rear wheel is very tough to get back on once removed, and may need the help of a 2nd person or torquing with a flat-head screwdriver to pry apart the rear dropouts, which tend to clamp together once the wheel is removed. I've seen that in a couple of reviews now, but shouldn't be a big issue, so I hope to do it next week. I have a freewheel removal tool to get it off, but it can be done without one.
I have the freewheel removal tool. Bought one for my old bicycle. I will wait to hear how it goes. I’m tech savvy but not bicycle savvy. So just curious as to how hard it is. Scared to ruin my new toy/commute to work.

Took me 10 mins. to replace the freewheel. Somehow I didn't have problems to put the wheel back. It was tight but not hard.

Very happy with my new XP, but have one problem. The large battery latch comes open while I am riding. This happens with other riders as well. I have the newer integrated slide lock. I have email in to Lectric but no response yet. Anyone else have this p

Very happy with my new XP, but have one problem. The large battery latch comes open while I am riding. This happens with other riders as well. I have the newer integrated slide lock. I have email in to Lectric but no response yet. Anyone else have this p
There is a way to adjust all latch points on the bike for tension and such. I remember watching a vid on youtube. Just search youtube and something will pop up.

1. Close the latch
2. Push forward and keep it in forward position (pic1)
3. Holding it in forward position turn the screw in (pic2) till it hits the latch.
4. Back the screw 1/2 to 3/4 turn and that should fix the problem.

I would use loctite blue so you dont have to fo it again .

Attachments

• 20191012_173316.jpg
    20191012_173316.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 640
  • 20191012_173029.jpg
    20191012_173029.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 639
The gear chain on mine sounds like it's catching on something on certain gears. I can't hear the chain at all on a few gears, but on others the chain is pretty loud when pedaling. Is there a tutorial on fixing this?

Just wanted to say that my XP came with a bent front chainring that Christian at the company very promptly replaced. I’ve been riding it 10 miles each way to work, and just realized I wasn’t getting into 7th gear, so couldn’t pedal fast enough for assist level 3. Pulling out the derailleur guard 1/2” by hand fixed that issue.

Last edited:
I just read a story that said, because of the rolling blackouts in California, people are buying gas generators to charge their Tesla cars. That got me thinking, if you strapped one of those small "tailgater" generators to your bike......

Back