Known Issues & Problems with Lectric eBikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Is it possible the controller is put in upside down or backwards...that's easy to change if so
4 screws and you can rotate it 180 ... looks like that will fix it. Granted QA fail. But ultimately gets your bike up and running with minimal effort :D

I don't know if anyone has had this problem, it started two days ago on my Lectric XP. The locking clasp that prevents the bike from folding keeps opening while I am riding. It opens and then snags the bottom of my pants leg. I put in around 900 miles on the bike so far and now it is starting to do this. I had to resort to duct taping the clasp to the frame to prevent it from coming loose.
The screw that holds the clasp has to be turned counter-clockwise to tighten that from popping loose.

Do the newest batch of XPs still require the key to be in the battery lock to operate?

I wonder if they are considering changing that.

Do the newest batch of XPs still require the key to be in the battery lock to operate?

I wonder if they are considering changing that.
Not sure why they would change that. A car has the key in the ignition unless it’s key less ignition. Certainly more theft proof this way . :confused:

Not sure why they would change that. A car has the key in the ignition unless it’s key less ignition. Certainly more theft proof this way . :confused:

I was wondering because I see the comment of the inconvenience of that key in at least 2 or 3 XP review videos.

I’m not familiar with many brands of ebikes but am under the impression that this is not a normal setup.

I was wondering because I see the comment of the inconvenience of that key in at least 2 or 3 XP review videos.

I’m not familiar with many brands of ebikes but am under the impression that this is not a normal setup.
Yeah I get it..could be more convenient.. Once you have done it a few times it becomes second nature. Reach under bike to approximate spot under bike, point key up, wiggle key and push up all while trying to look like you know what your doing.. and not stealing someone else's bike. Seriously it really isn't that big a deal after a while. Enjoy your xp..it's a great bike.👍

Yeah I get it..could be more convenient.. Once you have done it a few times it becomes second nature. Reach under bike to approximate spot under bike, point key up, wiggle key and push up all while trying to look like you know what your doing.. and not stealing someone else's bike. Seriously it really isn't that big a deal after a while. Enjoy your xp..it's a great bike.👍

I agree and I always know where my Ulock key is as it is connected to XP key. After 5 or 6 times putting in key, it becomes 2nd nature. I have to search my Rockbros bag for my keys on my other bike which is a little inconvenient...

I noticed the back wheel on the XP seemed a little out of true today on our ride. I checked the spokes and none seemed loose? Any ideas? The bike shop quoted $50 and 3-5 days to true the wheel.

yikes 50$ if it were a complete tune up and check over gears and brakes adjusted maybe... i would pick up a spoke tool. i use the blue Park tool. my back wheel new had some issues and it had no loose spokes also. i watched a YOUTUBE or 2 and kinda figured it out to get it much better anyway.the idea is to make the spokes pull from the opposite sides of the areas that you mark that are the high spots. i used a red zip tie as my guide as i spun the wheel.

yikes 50$ if it were a complete tune up and check over gears and brakes adjusted maybe... i would pick up a spoke tool. i use the blue Park tool. my back wheel new had some issues and it had no loose spokes also. i watched a YOUTUBE or 2 and kinda figured it out to get it much better anyway.the idea is to make the spokes pull from the opposite sides of the areas that you mark that are the high spots. i used a red zip tie as my guide as i spun the wheel.

I sent him your reply and a video on how to true and ebike hub wheel. I think he may give it a whirl. Thanks, Pale..

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Lectric eBikes as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

ATTN STEP-THRU OWNERS: The molded-in indicators for + and - on the black end of the battery are INCORRECTLY POSITIONED.

To check your battery voltage off-bike with a multi-meter, you must use the end contact towards the pointed end of the battery for the positive meter probe, ...and the opposite end contact (of the 5 contacts,) for the negative probe.

A voltage reading will only be obtained with the key in the "on" position. The "unlock" or "off" positions will show no voltage.

The molded-in symbols (+ and -) indicate contacts one-removed from each end of the row. No voltage reading will be obtained using these two contacts.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Lectric eBikes as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.
Happy and sad story.

Happy, that I finally received the two Lectric XP Step-Thru eBikes I ordered 5+ wks ago.
Sad, that one of the ebike had a manufacturing defect/problem.

Problem:
The seat post does NOT fit properly in the seat tube.
The problem is NOT the seat post.
The problem is NOT an adjustment of the quick release clamp.
The problem IS the seat tube.

As I mentioned I bought/have two bikes, so comparing the good ebike to the problem bike made for an easy discovery of the problem.

Problem seat tube - inner diameter = ~35mm:
Good seat tube - inner diameter = ~32mm:

As you can see from the pictures, the problem seat tube seems to be missing an inner metal tube.

Anyone have this same experience? Wondering what I could expect from Lectric customer support?

thanks in advance for any comments/feedback.

Attachments

• 20210116_134511.jpg
    20210116_134511.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 300
  • 20210116_134530.jpg
    20210116_134530.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 295
Happy and sad story.

Happy, that I finally received the two Lectric XP Step-Thru eBikes I ordered 5+ wks ago.
Sad, that one of the ebike had a manufacturing defect/problem.

Problem:
The seat post does NOT fit properly in the seat tube.
The problem is NOT the seat post.
The problem is NOT an adjustment of the quick release clamp.
The problem IS the seat tube.

As I mentioned I bought/have two bikes, so comparing the good ebike to the problem bike made for an easy discovery of the problem.

Problem seat tube - inner diameter = ~35mm:
Good seat tube - inner diameter = ~32mm:

As you can see from the pictures, the problem seat tube seems to be missing an inner metal tube.

Anyone have this same experience? Wondering what I could expect from Lectric customer support?

thanks in advance for any comments/feedback.
Lectric will send you a fix under warranty. They are are very good with customer service but a little overwhelmed with the popularity of the Ebike demand. They responded to my warranty request via email the following business day from my request. Parts were sent via standard ground (7 days to east coast, less if you are closer to Arizona)

Lectric will send you a fix under warranty. They are are very good with customer service but a little overwhelmed with the popularity of the Ebike demand. They responded to my warranty request via email the following business day from my request. Parts were sent via standard ground (7 days to east coast, less if you are closer to Arizona)
Thanks Johny for the feedback.

Got my new display for XP and I noticed I only charge to 53.8 instead of 54.6. Is this something I can adjust in settings or is 53.8 max with my new display?

Difference in the accuracy of any electronic meter, the +/- % variance. You could probably take a calibrated Fluke DVM and it might show 54.2 vs the 53.8 your M5 controller display vs the 54.6 of the original. Doubtful you'll ever get exact numbers on these.

Difference in the accuracy of any electronic meter, the +/- % variance. You could probably take a calibrated Fluke DVM and it might show 54.2 vs the 53.8 your M5 controller display vs the 54.6 of the original. Doubtful you'll ever get exact numbers on these.
So we shouldn't worry about it?

Back