Known Issues & Problems with Haibike Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

I lost faith in Haibike USA in 2017; they've seemed to be 99% sales oriented and 1% service in my experience. They've had at least two total shakeups in their brass, plus two HQ relocations since 2015. First they were grouped with iZip, Raleigh Electric and a few others, then they were separate, now back under Raleigh (I think).

I contacted one former exec privately last year, and got the impression that the parent company pushed for big-box outlets (Dick's etc), which failed but Haibike already made a bunch of US-specced models. No doubt there's been a glut of prior-year models available at discounts well into the following year the past couple years.

Last year they started selling direct to consumers via their website, but it's not just customer service they seem to lack. I know of at least two bike shops that have bailed on Haibike because dealer support was non-existent. I have to believe they'll be out of the US market in the next few years.

Ebike companies that stand behind their products are the ones that will still be around in 5-10 years. Hopefully!

I noticed there are no comments posted more recent than 2017. Be aware there has been a recent change of ownership in the entity who distributes the Haibike brand in the US. My experience is with the new entity who it appears distributes numerous brands of bikes in the US. I bought a 2018 Haibike 8.0 All Mountain X Duro last year in SLC and like the bike. This is my first e-bike and an expensive purchase at that. Didn't really think about it at the time but when buying a product with newer technology (battery and electric motor) it is critical to buy that product through a manufacturer/US distributor who has good customer service and common replacement parts readily available. When I had questions about battery functionality and availability of warranty replacement of battery still under 2 yr warranty it took 18 days for them to even respond to my emails or phone messages. I moved out of state from where I bought the bike so could not bring it back to the original seller. When contacted that shop and requested a warranty replacement battery they informed me thy did not carry any replacement batteries in stock for Hiabike so the US distributor was the only source. An e-bike is useless when the battery does not work. Living in CHICAGO I have a limited riding season. After waiting a further week between subsequent email exchanges (nobody ever answered the endless hold on the customer service phone number) I was told I could buy a replacement battery for $600.00 plus shipping and handling. They never addressed any warranty claim information. I felt it was important to share feedback about my experience about Haibike for the benefit of those who are evaluating a purchasing decision for an expensive e-bike. There are many choices of brands and models to buy, this is a cool bike but I wish I paid more attention to reviews and feedback about customer service, consumable parts availability and honoring of warranty claims. I am certain I am not the only one who has had issues with the Haibike US distributor!

My kickstand developed a small crack at one of the bolt holes. I emailed Haibike and they reached out to a bicycle shop in San Francisco, who in turn shipped a replacement kickstand in pretty short order. The bicycle shop followed up with me, though I bought the bike in Colorado.
I was pretty impressed with the service provided by these guys: https://www.motostrano.com/

I lost faith in Haibike USA in 2017; they've seemed to be 99% sales oriented and 1% service in my experience. They've had at least two total shakeups in their brass, plus two HQ relocations since 2015. First they were grouped with iZip, Raleigh Electric and a few others, then they were separate, now back under Raleigh (I think).

I contacted one former exec privately last year, and got the impression that the parent company pushed for big-box outlets (Dick's etc), which failed but Haibike already made a bunch of US-specced models. No doubt there's been a glut of prior-year models available at discounts well into the following year the past couple years.

Last year they started selling direct to consumers via their website, but it's not just customer service they seem to lack. I know of at least two bike shops that have bailed on Haibike because dealer support was non-existent. I have to believe they'll be out of the US market in the next few years.

Ebike companies that stand behind their products are the ones that will still be around in 5-10 years. Hopefully!
Thanks for your post.
As mentioned this was my first E-bike and unfortunately never got complete owners manual info from shop in Salt Lake City where purchased new. Absent that and with perceived battery issues is why I attempted to contact US Distributor. I was blown away with their lack of customer support. Nobody to answer customer support telephone #. I made numerous attempt to make contact... they finally responded to my initial Email 18 days later and never a reply to my telephone messages. Irony was that my issue was user error but never got through to a company representative to describe to me. Ended up learning answer on random blog. I dodged a bullet this time with no help from Haibike. My confidence in the after sales support is non existing!!
Nice bike and battery works fine now but would love to sell it cheap to anyone who doesn’t care about product support!!!
I'm interested in learning which drive system and whether you contacted Bosch or Yamaha directly .
Yamaha drive system. No I did not attempt to contact Yamaha. Battery was under warranty from Haibike. Turns out I figured out my issue with charging the battery on my own. With no thanks to Haibike US distributor.

Thanks for your post.
As mentioned this was my first E-bike and unfortunately never got complete owners manual info from shop in Salt Lake City where purchased new. Absent that and with perceived battery issues is why I attempted to contact US Distributor. I was blown away with their lack of customer support. Nobody to answer customer support telephone #. I made numerous attempt to make contact... they finally responded to my initial Email 18 days later and never a reply to my telephone messages. Irony was that my issue was user error but never got through to a company representative to describe to me. Ended up learning answer on random blog. I dodged a bullet this time with no help from Haibike. My confidence in the after sales support is non existing!!
Nice bike and battery works fine now but would love to sell it cheap to anyone who doesn’t care about product support!!!

Yamaha drive system. No I did not attempt to contact Yamaha. Battery was under warranty from Haibike. Turns out I figured out my issue with charging the battery on my own. With no thanks to Haibike US distributor.

Do tell what you ended up doing.......

I asked ya alot of questions and things to check in Post 103 here, but nothing came back on your end.... Did you take any time to read any of that X94 Service Manual I linked in post 103? Was it any help to you?

The reason I ask is that your problem may crop up for another yamaha e-drive owner. And your fix could help that future ebiker get back on the road again. But it has to be documented here to help someone else!

Now, stop worrying about the state of Haibike's US support. That will fix itself long term when word of mouth, like in your case, or others, get's around. Your Haibike and mine might very well outlast their business model.

Get out there and enjoy that Ebike. You've got the PW-X drive, which has more torque and higher rpm capability then my Full FatSix's PW. Great suspension components; brakes. A superb all around mountain bike; one of the best rated. Electric Bike Action Magazine thought it high enough to make it their Ebike Of The Year. Court loved it in his review on his site here.

Take some photos of your rides and post 'em up here.

Nothing wrong with Haibike or your Haibike. Operator Error. Any questions, you should pick up the phone and call your Haibike dealer in SLC.

Do tell what you ended up doing.......

I asked ya alot of questions and things to check in Post 103 here, but nothing came back on your end.... Did you take any time to read any of that X94 Service Manual I linked in post 103? Was it any help to you?

The reason I ask is that your problem may crop up for another yamaha e-drive owner. And your fix could help that future ebiker get back on the road again. But it has to be documented here to help someone else!

Now, stop worrying about the state of Haibike's US support. That will fix itself long term when word of mouth, like in your case, or others, get's around. Your Haibike and mine might very well outlast their business model.

Get out there and enjoy that Ebike. You've got the PW-X drive, which has more torque and higher rpm capability then my Full FatSix's PW. Great suspension components; brakes. A superb all around mountain bike; one of the best rated. Electric Bike Action Magazine thought it high enough to make it their Ebike Of The Year. Court loved it in his review on his site here.

Take some photos of your rides and post 'em up here.

I like the way you all have responded to the Haibike USA issue here. It puts me more at ease that we have this forum to help one another. Most grateful to all. This is my first season with my 2018 Haibike Sduro 10.0 Yamaha. This bike is absolutely amazing on all levels. I have over 1000 US miles so far and it really kicks ass and will take anything I put in front of it. I concur with your comments concerning functionality. I have no doubts that the bike will perform well in the coming riding seasons. With all of the Haibikes that have been sold on the US side, it seems that the brand will not just abandon all of its US based customers. That would be just "bad for business" overall. Perhaps we will all need to be a bit more patient and just enjoy them now and be happy and safe riders. BTW-This is my 3rd E-bike and the Haibike is the best performer hands down compared to the others I have owned and tested.
Just a well-oiled machine indeed! ;)

My 2018 HAIBIKE XDURO TREKKING S 9.0, rear wheel hub is going bad. I would like to replace it with a better wheel. However, I am not able to find 28 inch wheel for sale in the US. Any recommendattions will be appreciated, thanks.

My 2018 HAIBIKE XDURO TREKKING S 9.0, rear wheel hub is going bad. I would like to replace it with a better wheel. However, I am not able to find 28 inch wheel for sale in the US. Any recommendattions will be appreciated, thanks.
28 is used for road it will be the diameter including the tire with bigger tires(mountain) they are called 29 so if it is wide enough it will do. For todays tires you probably want about 29-30 MM (inside)

I bought my trekking Haibike (yamaha PW) two years ago and it's been flawless so far. I have close to 1,500mi. on it now and still on original chain which doesn't show it needs replaced yet on my stretch tool. So one more year on warranty and I'm on my own with this bike but I question how things would go if I had a warranty claim based on what I've read here.. I did buy it from a dealer so hopefully the dealer would step up to the plate if anything fails. It's a bummer to read about Haibike corporate having issues here in the US

It truly is the wild west era for e-bikes.. How are the big established brands for warranty?.. Giant, Trek etc. That might be the way to go?

Hello, for ebike with 28 "622 wheel and 40 has just come out in schwalbe 28 x 2,15 (55-622) more fat .

[.URL unfurl="true"]https://www.schwalbe.com/en/tour-reader/marathon-e-plus[/URL]

https://www.schwalbe.com/en/tour-reader/marathon-gt-365 4 seasons (1 point in ice grip)

marathon-e-plus 55-622

marathon-gt-365 55-622

remove the original mudguard

Hello, is that the Trelock cylinder that Bosch uses to install inside the Urban Plus 2018 Frame?

Brand: Trelock.
Frame mount LONG KEY
Part code: 3050721216
trelock.jpg

Hi all! First post here on the forum!

I have just received my Haibike Sduro Trekking 4.0 2021 edition and only ridden 40km on it and absolutely love the bike except one problem. The bike wont shut off most of the time! When i push the on/off button the display shuts down, then immideately turns on again! And if it somehow manages to turn off it will turn on again after a couple of hours!

Has anyone experienced this before or know any possible solution?

Best regards

Attachments

• haibike.jpg
    haibike.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 456
Hi all! First post here on the forum!

I have just received my Haibike Sduro Trekking 4.0 2021 edition and only ridden 40km on it and absolutely love the bike except one problem. The bike wont shut off most of the time! When i push the on/off button the display shuts down, then immideately turns on again! And if it somehow manages to turn off it will turn on again after a couple of hours!

Has anyone experienced this before or know any possible solution?

Best regards
Completely different Yamaha edrive system as yours (2016 Haibike Sduro Full FatSix); but I'd recommend you disconnect, then reconnect the battery and see what happens.

After that and there are no error codes on the display, then it's off to the dealer for some warranty troubleshooting and repair. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Completely different Yamaha edrive system as yours (2016 Haibike Sduro Full FatSix); but I'd recommend you disconnect, then reconnect the battery and see what happens.

After that and there are no error codes on the display, then it's off to the dealer for some warranty troubleshooting and repair. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Thanks for the quick reply! Ive tried to disconnect the battery several times but the problem stil occurs. The dealer is unfortunately an online store, but I have contacted them regarding the issue.

Would love to hear if anyone else have had the same experience while wating for reply from the online store.

Last edited:
Handlbar Bag. I have a Haibike XDuro Trekking bicycle and can mount rear panniers without any problem, but try finding and then mounting a handlebar bag that doesn't interfere with the bosch control unit (mounted on the center of the handlebars) or obstruct the front light. A possible solution is the Sackville Bar Tube bag from Rivendell Bicycles, but unfortunately they didn't have it in the right color with the delivery date of the desired color (Gray) unknown. The shape of the top tube makes it difficult to find a "cockpit" bag to use as a substitute for the handlebar bag. I've checked out gear from Revelate Designs (e.g., "gas tank" and "mag tank" and "jerry can") but don't think they will mount correctly given the shape of the top tube.

Lack of Water Bottle Braze-ons. To make up for the lack of bottle braze ons I purchased and mounted a Topeka Cage Mount to the handlebar and then mounted a water bottle cage to that. It isn't the best solution, but it better than lugging water on my back and sucking it through a tube.

Charging my battery. I really like my Bosch mid-drive system except for one thing - why did they design it so the PowerPack can't be charged while mounted to the bicycle? No work around for that - one has to disconnect the battery and bring it to the charger vs vice-versa.

Handlbar Bag. I have a Haibike XDuro Trekking bicycle and can mount rear panniers without any problem, but try finding and then mounting a handlebar bag that doesn't interfere with the bosch control unit (mounted on the center of the handlebars) or obstruct the front light. A possible solution is the Sackville Bar Tube bag from Rivendell Bicycles, but unfortunately they didn't have it in the right color with the delivery date of the desired color (Gray) unknown. The shape of the top tube makes it difficult to find a "cockpit" bag to use as a substitute for the handlebar bag. I've checked out gear from Revelate Designs (e.g., "gas tank" and "mag tank" and "jerry can") but don't think they will mount correctly given the shape of the top tube.

Lack of Water Bottle Braze-ons. To make up for the lack of bottle braze ons I purchased and mounted a Topeka Cage Mount to the handlebar and then mounted a water bottle cage to that. It isn't the best solution, but it better than lugging water on my back and sucking it through a tube.

Charging my battery. I really like my Bosch mid-drive system except for one thing - why did they design it so the PowerPack can't be charged while mounted to the bicycle? No work around for that - one has to disconnect the battery and bring it to the charger vs vice-versa.
I also ride a Trekking.
Handlebar bag: Orlieb offers an extended mount which does NOT interfere the handlebar display & cables. I use the small bag--works great.
Water Bottle: There are many fork mount cages available. PRO-can carry up to 64 oz. CON-no access while riding.

Back