Known Issues & Problems with Giant Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

My local Giant dealer is fine. Just take it back to your local dealer. Should be under warranty. They should have software to detect what the issue is and fix it.

Yes and said back to warranty but this bike have just 2 months
I have made a short video
you have had experience with the giant warranty ?

Yes and said back to warranty but this bike have just 2 months
I have made a short video
you have had experience with the giant warranty ?
That’s not a system error I guess. Just no power? Loose battery connection? Anyway, dealer has a legal obligation to fix or replace faulty goods.

but a bike in assistance after 2 months of life is not so beautiful in the end and the electronic repairs never go the right way, I’m really frustrated

Hi. My friend has a Giant Aluxx SL Fluidform Full-e. It started giving bug notifications. Sync Drive Error and No Power support.

I downloaded the Ridecontrol app and it recognizes the bike, but announces that the program does not support this bike.

Here where we live, there's no maintenance for the Giant or Yamaha. Is it the only option to take your bike to another city for maintenance or is it possible to try some restart activity if it were just some minor distraction?

I'm new to these branded bikes, but I've built a lot of other common parts 😁 Is there any maintenance app or can I order a tester to read those fault codes? Or do we always have to take it to official service?

Thanks in advance and apologies if the post is confusing. Google translate does its best 😁

First step is remove battery pack and clean contacts on both sides. A toothbrush will work.
If the charge indicators show at least a couple of lights, and the bike won't go, it is likely the control pad or screen, water ingress is possible. Could also be the motor control board - dealer testing required.

Make sure the speed sensor magnet is properly aligned with the indicator line. Otherwise it will shut down.

What model year?

Thanks for the answers. The display shows the power and rotating the pedals display the speed. I checked the speed sensor first 😁

I don't think it's the fault. The battery has 6pcs of pins with information moving between the battery and the controller. Apparently, the battery also shuts itself down when it is taken off, because no pin will have voltage when the battery is disconnected. The connectors looked clean, but I'll try if cleaning would help.

The bike is 2018

2018 has the 'evo' display, and they are notorious for water ingress. Dealer will replace. And why they went to the rubberized 'control-one' control pad for 2019-on.

Has the bike been ridden in or parked in the rain? Sprayed with hose-nozzle?

The bike has been driven in the rain, but has not been washed at high pressure. Could it be that the screen has taken moisture in and that's why it's tricking

The bike has been driven in the rain, but has not been washed at high pressure. Could it be that the screen has taken moisture in and that's why it's tricking

Depends on which model screen you got - screen pn left is an early 2018 evo and prone to water ingress, screen on right was late 2019 . If bike is still under warranty, then a picture of the screen misted up should score a replacement under warranty. See second image.

Other things to check:

the plug between the bar switch and evo screen is prone to water ingress - check / clean and then apply dielectric grease

The battery securing mechanism benefits from adjustment - that's up the top where the key goes in, there are a couple of bolts holding the latch that can be adjusted.

The cable from the speed sensor can wear / get damaged where it passes under the bashplate - remove the bashplate and check for rub marks.

I'm surprised the app doesn't recognise the bike - have you tried both android and apple versions? Admittedly my full e is the pro ( so pwx motor ) , but the app was advertised by giant in 2018 ( even though it wasn't released until 2019)

Attachments

• D667FE06-CAA2-444C-9ECC-099BBD4E2363.jpeg
    D667FE06-CAA2-444C-9ECC-099BBD4E2363.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 448
  • 4C284962-8B91-4B83-9EBB-B758B0429E73.jpeg
    4C284962-8B91-4B83-9EBB-B758B0429E73.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 437
IMG_20200728_093819.jpg

The bike is purchased in Germany and we live in Finland. The owner would not want to send a bike to Germany for warranty service. I study this a little bit for studying, too. We have a Giant fault code scanner in a store, and I was wondering if the bike could be taken into account because it only costs 20-30e. How accurate those testers are with the fault codes, or whether their response is closer to chance 😁

Here's a picture from behind the screen. Is this a newer model?

View attachment 60435
The bike is purchased in Germany and we live in Finland. The owner would not want to send a bike to Germany for warranty service. I study this a little bit for studying, too. We have a Giant fault code scanner in a store, and I was wondering if the bike could be taken into account because it only costs 20-30e. How accurate those testers are with the fault codes, or whether their response is closer to chance 😁

Here's a picture from behind the screen. Is this a newer model?

That's the newer screen so should be waterproof ( so long as it's not damaged ) - I've subjected one of those to pretty extreme wet weather without issue.

The fault codes seem to give a general idea of where the problem is, and then the dealer negotiates with giant to determine what gets fiddled with / replaced etc. Sometimes it seems more educated guess than science.

Which error light comes on with the red light? Check next time it happens, and look in the manual. Some errors you can fix. I got “Motor Error”, so went to dealer. He detected faulty Torque Sensor, so has sent for a replacement sensor from Giant under warranty
Motor now replaced by Giant dealer. Strangely, auto setting feels different - no longer so responsive as it was before

Back