Known Issues & Problems with Eahora Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

eAhora has improved their packaging...well, at least the markings on the packaging. Some here suggested putting a picture of a TV on the boxes, and they did. Not sure if they beefed up the interior wrappings, but this screen capture of a recent YouTube unboxing shows they are trying to right some deficiencies of the past.

eahora box.JPG

I'm having issues with my original battery. I have a XC100 48v/10.4AH battery that came with my bike in March. Lately the battery is only lasting for a 5 mile PAS ride. I contacted eAhora support and they suggested I hook up a multimeter to it. Based on the readings and their directions it looks like both the charger and the battery is fine (the readings are between 52-54 volts. It's an analog meter). What other things should I check or try to "fix" my battery? Thanks!

very disappointed. Eahora authorized return of XC100 ebike that was double shipped and double billed. I returned the bike to them per instructions, but they still have not refunded me as they promised.

I got my new xc100, it looks great except for a gouge or two, took it for a ride this evening, everything seems to work fine, went out my drive i P2 5 th gear, really liking it so far went to a very steep hill the regen didn't seem to work, fiddled with it a little going down another fairly steep, regen seemed to work great coming back I stuck it in P3, didn't seem to have regen going down that steep grade, hit the sister incline and the motor didn't seem to pull at all,I shifted down to second or third and it seemed the motor had no power( tell these things are not that weak please, the 2 36v 500 watt builds I did would eat this thing for lunch-is there something I am missing on this bike, am I going to have to swap the rear wheel for the new 7spd,750/1000 27.5 wheel I have from risunmotors?I am happy with the weight of this bike,I thought the 48 volt almost 1/2 hp motor had more grunt than that, sorry this is not a reply, its a query( Bill Gates doesn't love me unless I update{I am officially an"update resister}

I got my new xc100, it looks great except for a gouge or two, took it for a ride this evening, everything seems to work fine, went out my drive i P2 5 th gear, really liking it so far went to a very steep hill the regen didn't seem to work, fiddled with it a little going down another fairly steep, regen seemed to work great coming back I stuck it in P3, didn't seem to have regen going down that steep grade, hit the sister incline and the motor didn't seem to pull at all,I shifted down to second or third and it seemed the motor had no power( tell these things are not that weak please, the 2 36v 500 watt builds I did would eat this thing for lunch-is there something I am missing on this bike, am I going to have to swap the rear wheel for the new 7spd,750/1000 27.5 wheel I have from risunmotors?I am happy with the weight of this bike,I thought the 48 volt almost 1/2 hp motor had more grunt than that, sorry this is not a reply, its a query( Bill Gates doesn't love me unless I update{I am officially an"update resister}
Regen only works in PAS0 or PAS1. The XC100 has a 350w motor. Why would you compare to a 2x500 watt setup?

Regen only works in PAS0 or PAS1. The XC100 has a 350w motor. Why would you compare to a 2x500 watt setup?
PLEASE REREAD, perhaps I needed a hyphen I built two separate 36 volt 500 watt builds( each one rated 500 watts) either one would eat the Eahora alive on meaningful slopes, is there any way to get any torque out of the xc100 bike( worked good on a slight incline, I got down in low gear and it felt like the brakes were on on the slopes( I can pedal a regular bike up there unassisted- I thought a bike with almost 1/2 HP would help you out on a slope), I did figure out the regen thing after awhile it slows the bike well
You never gave me any constructive help.

Hopefully, I can unload this thing on a stronger rider who has less hills, it is a good looking bike, that is the lightest e-bike I have owned,I am prepared to take a$139 hit to get rid of it.That was the whole reason I wanted this bike,I figured it would be easy to pedal unassisted, the fat tire bike I had was alright on level unassisted, difficult on any grade unassisted. The old fat tire bike on PAS 1 would breeze up a Hill this one wouldn't go.( drawing around 250 watts.

Sorry but I don't have any suggestions. What are the models/makes of the other bikes you mention?
The "FTB" was a 26x4 "Maxfoot" cruiser( gross weight 82#) the others were "homebrew" one was a"22" Trek Antelope( 500 watt rear drive, gifted) the other was a Huffy "prospect 26" 500-watt fwd and I had a 500-watt ecotric "Dolphin' 36 volt and lastly an XP 20" ftb folder 500 watt 48 volt( couldn't get rid of it fast enough( too small last 2 two bikes were manufactured and vended by companies) Now I wish to take my Hallomotor kit( has everything except battery) and convert a decent chassis.
The first bikes taught Me a lot and the Eahora brought home a realization,I am not as young as I used to be.( the regen was great and the Hallomotor kit allows for that.

The "FTB" was a 26x4 "Maxfoot" cruiser( gross weight 82#) the others were "homebrew" one was a"22" Trek Antelope( 500 watt rear drive, gifted) the other was a Huffy "prospect 26" 500-watt fwd and I had a 500-watt ecotric "Dolphin' 36 volt and lastly an XP 20" ftb folder 500 watt 48 volt( couldn't get rid of it fast enough( too small last 2 two bikes were manufactured and vended by companies) Now I wish to take my Hallomotor kit( has everything except battery) and convert a decent chassis.
The first bikes taught Me a lot and the Eahora brought home a realization,I am not as young as I used to be.( the regen was great and the Hallomotor kit allows for that.
You have far more experience than me. The eAhora XC100 is my first ebike. Earlier this year I converted my wife's Schwinn Meridian trike to a 1000-watt front hub motor. It's a lot faster than my XC100, even though it weighs 20 lbs. more.

You have far more experience than me. The eAhora XC100 is my first ebike. Earlier this year I converted my wife's Schwinn Meridian trike to a 1000-watt front hub motor. It's a lot faster than my XC100, even though it weighs 20 lbs. more.
You Guys have any steep hills ? I always believed a trike would make a good conversion especially in terrain that wasn't so steep, if I had bike trails, lanes and gentle terrain, would have snatched up one of those trikes I see for sale and converted it.

Hi all, not sure if I'm in the right spot. I received an eahora xc100 2 weeks ago. With just 25 miles on it, I got an error 24 message. It seems to come and go intermittently. when it's on, obviously the motor does not work. But sometimes after powering it down and back on it will work briefly.

Is this for sure the motor or could it be a loose connection somewhere? I saw a youtube video of a guy with an anchor and his magnets in the motor had shifted. I am somewhat handy and dont mind getting into the motor, but I'm hesitant in case eahora actually responds to my customer service email and wants the old motor back.

Does anyone have any experience with the error 24?

Thanks

You Guys have any steep hills ? I always believed a trike would make a good conversion especially in terrain that wasn't so steep, if I had bike trails, lanes and gentle terrain, would have snatched up one of those trikes I see for sale and converted it.

Hi all, not sure if I'm in the right spot. I received an eahora xc100 2 weeks ago. With just 25 miles on it, I got an error 24 message. It seems to come and go intermittently. when it's on, obviously the motor does not work. But sometimes after powering it down and back on it will work briefly.

Is this for sure the motor or could it be a loose connection somewhere? I saw a youtube video of a guy with an anchor and his magnets in the motor had shifted. I am somewhat handy and dont mind getting into the motor, but I'm hesitant in case eahora actually responds to my customer service email and wants the old motor back.

Does anyone have any experience with the error 24?

Thanks
Check the battery, the Eahora I gave a friend was acting up this morning and it was a loose battery, I have noticed the channel where the wires lay is very crowed with the brake and shifter cables occupying a good bit of space I believe if the mechanical cables ran down the other side of the frame tube( there's a hole in the front of the bike) it wouldn't be so hard to get the battery seated,I finally had to remove the plastic cover under the battery for a bit more room, the newer 18 amp controller occupies more space.

Check the battery, the Eahora I gave a friend was acting up this morning and it was a loose battery, I have noticed the channel where the wires lay is very crowed with the brake and shifter cables occupying a good bit of space I believe if the mechanical cables ran down the other side of the frame tube( there's a hole in the front of the bike) it wouldn't be so hard to get the battery seated,I finally had to remove the plastic cover under the battery for a bit more room, the newer 18 amp controller occupies more space.
Thanks for the response. I charged the battery, let the bike sit overnight and tried it again in the morning. no error, rode fine. I only had time for a quick 2 mile test. My guess is that either the motor or controller got overheated and went back to functional after it cooled. From some research, I gathered this can be caused by low speeds, lugging the motor. I hope to have time for a lo ger ride tonight to verify it was a heat issue. I will take a look at the cables under the battery as well. Thanks

Ok, so problem came back a couple days later, error 24. I took the controller out, checked every connection, found some insulation missing from a wire, added some electrical tape but problem remained. Eahora said they are sending me a new motor. Hopefully it arrives, but who knows for sure. In the meantime, I would like to have a look at the connections in the motor. It looks like I may need a freewheel removal tool? Or will the cassette come off with the motor cover? I cant see any jam nuts beyond the axel nut and I certainly dont want to force anything. and motor disassembly help would be appreciated. it's the 350w. Thanks

Ok, so problem came back a couple days later, error 24. I took the controller out, checked every connection, found some insulation missing from a wire, added some electrical tape but problem remained. Eahora said they are sending me a new motor. Hopefully it arrives, but who knows for sure. In the meantime, I would like to have a look at the connections in the motor. It looks like I may need a freewheel removal tool? Or will the cassette come off with the motor cover? I cant see any jam nuts beyond the axel nut and I certainly dont want to force anything. and motor disassembly help would be appreciated. it's the 350w. Thanks
Hope it works, for the money they are swell looking bikes, love that regen sure keeps me from smoking the brake pads.

Hope it works, for the money they are swell looking bikes, love that regen sure keeps me from smoking the brake pads.
Do you have one? Any issues with yours? I hope this is just a one time issue and is resolved with the replacement motor. It does ride very nice

Do you have one? Any issues with yours? I hope this is just a one time issue and is resolved with the replacement motor. It does ride very nice
The puny controller that came stock on my bike it had very little pulling power, after the controller upgrade its acceptable. I didn't like paying for it out of pocket though.

yeah... not really sure how to respond. If it "takes a lot of time and energy" and being a "squeaky wheel" in order to help prevent additional scams by Eahora and to get my $1,400 back, then it is worth it. I cannot afford to be cavalier with the loss of a total $1400. You may not know this, but I got a scratched damaged X7+ that could not be assembled due to missing parts. Spent $65 for a bikeshop to replace and assemble; only to discover the motor is inoperative. I haven't ridden a foot, nor had a moment's peace since meeting Eahora. I have a 70lb boat anchor taking up valuable space in my apartment. The company will not respond and I suspect will not survive long; not with these tactics. Good luck to those few who have managed without additional parts, expense, time and headache; and Happy Riding to All!
Hi,
I am going through a bit of a challenge with Wallke ebike. Its sad to see so many people affected by these bike scam companies. Im greatful you succinctly provided links to the agencies. I will repost them in the Wallke forum pages for many there with unresolved issues. I am curious, were you successful in obtaining a refund? Ive heard stories of 100 to 600 dollar shipping and restocking. As another user said, too bad it has to come to this. The ebike is supposed to be fun. I hope you find much better success with Sondors. My father got an Aventon and so far it works great. Thanks again for your efforts.

The puny controller that came stock on my bike it had very little pulling power, after the controller upgrade its acceptable. I didn't like paying for it out of pocket though.
Update, eahora did promptly send a new motor, issue solved. I really had no issue dealing with customer service. I emailed them pictures of the electrical test they requested and they sent a new motor. Couldn't ask for more.

Back