Known Issues & Problems with Eahora Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

very disappointed. Eahora authorized return of XC100 ebike that was double shipped and double billed. I returned the bike to them per instructions, but they still have not refunded me as they promised.
Call your credit card company, they should remove the charge after you tell them what happened

Update, eahora did promptly send a new motor, issue solved. I really had no issue dealing with customer service. I emailed them pictures of the electrical test they requested and they sent a new motor. Couldn't ask for more.
Apparently when the bike I had(gifted to someone else) was assembled the control cables should have went on one side of the rib under the battery and the wires on the other side had to remove the plastic cover over the wires( helped very little) the battery keeps coming loose tried velcro( helped little, now I put velcro and wire ties on my Friends bike in order to keep the battery connected, its like there is not enough room in there, I despise these "built in batteries on the cheaper bikes, I prefer a remote battery or seatpost style, you get what you pay for and I love and endorse "xt " connectors( they stay connected( you can even get an anti-spark version of the XT series.
Too bad eahora charged me $80 for an adequate controller( no fenders either or rack installed aftermarket at my expense) looks like Eahora will never sell Me another Bike"Caveat Emptor".

Do you have one? Any issues with yours? I hope this is just a one time issue and is resolved with the replacement motor. It does ride very nice
Battery keeps popping loose, good looking bike, after controller upgrade the bike runs and pulls very good, sorry for late reply.

The puny controller that came stock on my bike it had very little pulling power, after the controller upgrade its acceptable. I didn't like paying for it out of pocket though.
Would you list what the controller is and where to buy it? That will be helpful since you found success. Thanks!

Contact Eahora and tell them to give you a link to 18 amp contrller, thats were I got mine,My computer is messing everything up- hope you get the message-Kevin,I told everybody wrong its the 18 amp controller you need, the two controllers ( 18 amp) that I have the same display number or code but slightly different numbers on the controller itself( Senior time,duh-I am really trying)

Last edited:
Just getting started in the E bike craze so I decided on an Eahora XC100 for a stater bike. We really enjoyed this bike and appreciated the nice craftsmanship so I ordered an AM100 to have two bikes for me and my wife with interchangeable batteries and seats.
The Am100 has been a POS. It was packaged well and came in on time but on the first ride I noticed the Speedometer was not working while coasting ( or the odo trip meter) . Sent Eahorable an e Mail with the concern and they replied late that night that I needed to do testing with a multimeter with a diode tester. I don’t have a multi meter with a diode tester and I replied that they need to send me one. They replied I need to buy one and they would reimburse me. This is not exactly what I was expecting on a brand new bike with a defect.
Furthermore, I noticed the regeneration is not working. This is where it gets real ugly. They said that they discontinued that function at the first of the year because “ customers complained about being hard to pedal while going down hill”. I find that statement to be BS. Who would complain about peddling down hill. I actually like it on the XC100. Helps slow it a bit when over 15 mph. Also, their add in July brags about this great function.
Right now we are at a stalemate regarding me getting tooled up and sending them a video of the test or getting Amazon involved to send this POS back and get a refund.
I think they switched motors due to supply issues and did not bother to tell the buyers they will not be getting what was promised. Watch out.

Just getting started in the E bike craze so I decided on an Eahora XC100 for a stater bike. We really enjoyed this bike and appreciated the nice craftsmanship so I ordered an AM100 to have two bikes for me and my wife with interchangeable batteries and seats.
The Am100 has been a POS. It was packaged well and came in on time but on the first ride I noticed the Speedometer was not working while coasting ( or the odo trip meter) . Sent Eahorable an e Mail with the concern and they replied late that night that I needed to do testing with a multimeter with a diode tester. I don’t have a multi meter with a diode tester and I replied that they need to send me one. They replied I need to buy one and they would reimburse me. This is not exactly what I was expecting on a brand new bike with a defect.
Furthermore, I noticed the regeneration is not working. This is where it gets real ugly. They said that they discontinued that function at the first of the year because “ customers complained about being hard to pedal while going down hill”. I find that statement to be BS. Who would complain about peddling down hill. I actually like it on the XC100. Helps slow it a bit when over 15 mph. Also, their add in July brags about this great function.
Right now we are at a stalemate regarding me getting tooled up and sending them a video of the test or getting Amazon involved to send this POS back and get a refund.
I think they switched motors due to supply issues and did not bother to tell the buyers they will not be getting what was promised. Watch out.
Be careful dealing with these People, they apparently want to go out of business, they charged Me $70+ for a maybe $30 controller,I do not plan on doing business with them ever again.
OTOH," the Folks at "Rattan" responded quickly when My "Big Bear" came with a problem and they will cerrtainly be on my list for future business, beware of no questions asked returns, ( a trike made by "Murray") they wanted $400 to return it,I understood it was no hassle return, guess it was for $400- the first trike they sent me looked like it had been a returned unit.The "Rattan" had the same issue as the "XC-100", the difference being the good Folks at "Rattan" resolved the issue at their expense.
My advice if you are good at bike mechanics and like the frame, keep it and upgrade with aftermarket parts, the Folks here can tell you how.

Be careful dealing with these People, they apparently want to go out of business, they charged Me $70+ for a maybe $30 controller,I do not plan on doing business with them ever again.
OTOH," the Folks at "Rattan" responded quickly when My "Big Bear" came with a problem and they will cerrtainly be on my list for future business, beware of no questions asked returns, ( a trike made by "Murray") they wanted $400 to return it,I understood it was no hassle return, guess it was for $400- the first trike they sent me looked like it had been a returned unit.The "Rattan" had the same issue as the "XC-100", the difference being the good Folks at "Rattan" resolved the issue at their expense.
My advice if you are good at bike mechanics and like the frame, keep it and upgrade with aftermarket parts, the Folks here can tell you how.
Thanks kmccune. I was hoping the Eahorable would be just plug and play but it looks like I will need to developer bike builder skills to salvage the investment in the AM100. I will give Rattan a try.

Thanks kmccune. I was hoping the Eahorable would be just plug and play but it looks like I will need to developer bike builder skills to salvage the investment in the AM100. I will give Rattan a try.
Interesting about the regen, speedo malfunction ect. My purchase of a Wallke ebike suffered the same fate. Same exact issues, plus a few more. It would appear these gear drive "regen" motors were pulled from several "manufacturers" (more like assembly and resale retailers) at the same time. Good luck with salvaging. Please post your solutions as I'm sure many here would like to see how to repair their bikes.

Ok, so problem came back a couple days later, error 24. I took the controller out, checked every connection, found some insulation missing from a wire, added some electrical tape but problem remained. Eahora said they are sending me a new motor. Hopefully it arrives, but who knows for sure. In the meantime, I would like to have a look at the connections in the motor. It looks like I may need a freewheel removal tool? Or will the cassette come off with the motor cover? I cant see any jam nuts beyond the axel nut and I certainly dont want to force anything. and motor disassembly help would be appreciated. it's the 350w. Thanks
I can get, an E24 code every time I ride by pulling hills at full throttle for more than about 5 minutes. I believe it is the motor overheating but they give quite a different description on the screen??? Just turn it off and let it rest about 5 minutes. Then take it easy till the motor cools off. Always resets when it cools off. Nice the take a break every so often, just wish it was at the top of the hill.

The pedal assist has stopped working. I had an issue with it when I first got the bike and I was able to fix it by slightly rotating the sensor on the pedal shaft and holding it in place with a piece of tape. That worked well for quite a while until a few months ago when it started happening again. Sometimes it would work if I slightly moved the sensor, but it would be intermittent. Now the pedal assist doesn't work at all. I have tried to rotate the sensor every five degrees around the entire 360 degree rotation and nothing changes. I inspected all the connections at the controller and they are all good. The external connector is also good. The bike will be a year old in a month. Any ideas what it might be?

Hoping somebody can help me get into the advanced settings on the AM100 color display. I am able to view the settings but not able to change the settings. Is there a password or process needed to make changes?

Hoping somebody can help me get into the advanced settings on the AM100 color display. I am able to view the settings but not able to change the settings. Is there a password or process needed to make changes?
Hi Swilliam. No pw needed, but if your display control for AM100 is the same as for my X7, here's what to do. To make changes in Advanced Settings, first turn on the display in normal mode. Hold down the power-plus-minus buttons together for one or two seconds and you will see "OK" on the display, indicating Advanced Settings are now unlocked. Now press plus-minus together to see settings options, and enter Advanced Settings with 'i'. Now you should be able to use plus and minus to scroll the settings, and press 'i' to edit a setting (change using plus and minus), then press 'i' again to save your changes.

Hey I'm getting "Error Code: 21" "Over current protection". I've had this Eahora X7 500W bike now just over a year, with a few other problems I've managed to solve. Earlier I got a different one, E24: "Fault with motor hall sensor inside". That turned out to be just a loose connection to the motor, on a cable just inside the chainstay. This E21 though has me stumped. I've tried changing Current Limit setting to min and max, and Factory Restored all settings. Tried disconnecting/ reconnecting the battery, unplugging & reseating the connector to the display. Yet E21 persists, and it disables all motor function. Anyone know if I need a new display/control unit?

2021-10-02 22.07.03.jpg

Hi, the access advanced setting needs to unlock first.
Unlock the display:"+button & —button & the power button."
Please press together with the three buttons.
Then, the display will show "OK", which means that the display unlocks successfully.(Video has an unlock tutorial, please check it.)
Here is the video link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_81pLdmiiWBTWPSrqx30T7eyy6nTHE0V/view?usp=sharing

E21 refers to current abnormality, please turn off the bike when it occurs. Then unload the battery from the bike. Wait for a few minutes, re-install the battery and turn on the display, the error code will disappear in general.
If the steps above can’t solve the problem, then the controller needs to be replaced. On this occasion, please send us a picture of the error code. Please contact at [email protected]. We'll help you figure it out.

Attachments

• Error code.png
    Error code.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 205
The pedal assist has stopped working. I had an issue with it when I first got the bike and I was able to fix it by slightly rotating the sensor on the pedal shaft and holding it in place with a piece of tape. That worked well for quite a while until a few months ago when it started happening again. Sometimes it would work if I slightly moved the sensor, but it would be intermittent. Now the pedal assist doesn't work at all. I have tried to rotate the sensor every five degrees around the entire 360 degree rotation and nothing changes. I inspected all the connections at the controller and they are all good. The external connector is also good. The bike will be a year old in a month. Any ideas what it might be?
Let me know if you found a solution. My PAS mode stopped working a couple days ago. Still works fine in throttle mode.

I have an AM 100. I upgraded the controller to the 18 amp version and bought the bigger battery. I took it out for two rides and it worked great! Hill climbing is a breeze and the extended range is nice. But yesterday I went into advanced settings to change the number of PAS levels from 5 to 7 (I had changed it from 3 to 5 over a year ago) and when I exited advanced settings, the PAS mode did not work at all. The throttle works fine, but there is no assist when I pedal. I tried going back to 5 levels and it still does not work. Has anyone had this problem? I can't imagine that it has anything to do with a mechanical issue because the only thing I did was change the advanced settings.

Found the fix for my bike... I must have changed the sensor magnet number in the advanced settings, so when I set it to the correct number (12), PAS mode works again.

Back