Known Issues & Problems with Eahora Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

According to my Chinese translator, this is Eahora's real company name: Zhennuo Information Technology Co., Ltd.
Looks like they concentrate on scooters now, if this is the same company:

If you click their "Products" link, then "electric bike", it returns "Selected Products (0/20)".
Makes me wonder if that translation is correct.

Regardless, here is some info from eAhora's website concerning defects and damaged part in shipping (italics by me):

What Will We Do to Correct Problems with Your Bike?

If a component is deemed to be defective or damaged without user error we will issue a replacement part. We will assist you in replacing any defective part. We will replace any parts deemed to have been damaged during shipping. We will provide the owner a replacement product if the product can not be repaired after a reasonable number of tries as determined by Eahora.

What Will We Not Do?

Eahora will not replace any part without first seeing photos or video of the damaged part. We will not offer warranty service to second owners. We will not replace any part damaged by the user. We will not pay for any third party service or part replacement unless agreed upon prior to the fix. We will not pay for return shipping on any damaged or defective product or component. Eahora will not cover any damage that may occur during shipping if the owner sets up their own shipping option or if the bike is shipped using a freight forwarder or similar service.

[I'll have my video camera on while unboxing...]

Last edited:
We will not pay for return shipping on any damaged or defective product or component.

Yes you will.

Additional Info & Updated on my Demand for Refund & Resolution from Eahora:
=========
To: Eahora Customer Service
CC: Paypal Resolution Center
file: California Consumer Protection Agency (CA-CPA)
file: New York Consumer Protection Agency (NY-CPA)
file: New York Manhattan Office of Attorney General
file: Better Business Bureau (BBB)
file: American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)

Re: PayPal Case ID: XX-X-XXXXX66; $1,399

Recap of Order ID XX40
Product: Eahora Fold X7 Plus, $1,399

Brief Purchase Recap:
I purchased the X7 Plus eBike for $1,399 online and received shipment from California to my home in New York City on June 16, 2020. The bike was packed in single-ply cardboard with inadequate packaging & no protection to the contents. I received a damaged package with many missing parts and a scratched bike. This issue is widespread as reported by nearly all buyers of similar ebike in June 2020 (see forum posts). Like other consumers, I took the bike to a professional shop to replace missing assembly parts for $65. After assembly, the motor would not operate making only loud clicking noises. I contacted Eahora Customer Service providing photos of the damage and video of the motor. Eahora responded & acknowledged that their supply had several bad clutches; and they promised to send a replacement clutch within two days. When I got no additional response or the clutch, I demanded my money back. Eahora Support has stopped responding to emails and website queries; and I have filed with PayPay Resolution and all available Consumer Advocacy Groups for help. I'm a 60 yr old man who paid $1,399 (plus $65) for a defective bike in my small apartment; and where Eahora acknowledges the issues, but will not provide reasonable satisfaction to me, their Customer. The biggest issue being that Eahora's lack of response indicates they have no commitment to their sales or their clients.

Resolution and Counter-Offer
Eahora has offered "Full Refund" via PayPal Resolution, if I send the defective bike to CHINA at my own expense (even though it was shipped to me from California, USA); at least I THINK that is the offer, as much of Eahora's response via PayPal was written in Chinese and I'm unable to translate. I demand full refund without incurring additional charges; Eahora may arrange to pickup the bike at home at any time. At the very least, they should send me the promised replacement clutch and a Partial Refund of $800 to have the motor replaced and to make good on the sale. YOUR URGENT Attention is requested to resolve this case quickly. Based upon the number of similar complaints and lack of Eahora Response, this may become the standard in a broader Class-Action Civil Suit against Eahora. I feel that Eahora has taken all my money and acted in bad faith; and I will exhaust all avenues until I have received a satisfactory Resolution & Refund. Updated file notes and Resolution, if any, will continue to be provided to the above noted Legal & Consumer Advocacy Groups. I look forward to your prompt response.

Can someone write Chinese characters for me? lol. I've been requested to send the bike and upload tracking info by 7/15. Just out of curiosity, what do you think shipping 70lbs to China would cost; (oh and it has to arrive in pristine condition to qualify for refund). Not that I have any intention of sending the bike to China
China Shipping.jpg

Additional Info & Updated on my Demand for Refund & Resolution from Eahora:
=========
To: Eahora Customer Service
CC: Paypal Resolution Center
file: California Consumer Protection Agency (CA-CPA)
file: New York Consumer Protection Agency (NY-CPA)
file: New York Manhattan Office of Attorney General
file: Better Business Bureau (BBB)
file: American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)

Re: PayPal Case ID: XX-X-XXXXX66; $1,399

Recap of Order ID XX40
Product: Eahora Fold X7 Plus, $1,399

Brief Purchase Recap:
I purchased the X7 Plus eBike for $1,399 online and received shipment from California to my home in New York City on June 16, 2020. The bike was packed in single-ply cardboard with inadequate packaging & no protection to the contents. I received a damaged package with many missing parts and a scratched bike. This issue is widespread as reported by nearly all buyers of similar ebike in June 2020 (see forum posts). Like other consumers, I took the bike to a professional shop to replace missing assembly parts for $65. After assembly, the motor would not operate making only loud clicking noises. I contacted Eahora Customer Service providing photos of the damage and video of the motor. Eahora responded & acknowledged that their supply had several bad clutches; and they promised to send a replacement clutch within two days. When I got no additional response or the clutch, I demanded my money back. Eahora Support has stopped responding to emails and website queries; and I have filed with PayPay Resolution and all available Consumer Advocacy Groups for help. I'm a 60 yr old man who paid $1,399 (plus $65) for a defective bike in my small apartment; and where Eahora acknowledges the issues, but will not provide reasonable satisfaction to me, their Customer. The biggest issue being that Eahora's lack of response indicates they have no commitment to their sales or their clients.

Resolution and Counter-Offer
Eahora has offered "Full Refund" via PayPal Resolution, if I send the defective bike to CHINA at my own expense (even though it was shipped to me from California, USA); at least I THINK that is the offer, as much of Eahora's response via PayPal was written in Chinese and I'm unable to translate. I demand full refund without incurring additional charges; Eahora may arrange to pickup the bike at home at any time. At the very least, they should send me the promised replacement clutch and a Partial Refund of $800 to have the motor replaced and to make good on the sale. YOUR URGENT Attention is requested to resolve this case quickly. Based upon the number of similar complaints and lack of Eahora Response, this may become the standard in a broader Class-Action Civil Suit against Eahora. I feel that Eahora has taken all my money and acted in bad faith; and I will exhaust all avenues until I have received a satisfactory Resolution & Refund. Updated file notes and Resolution, if any, will continue to be provided to the above noted Legal & Consumer Advocacy Groups. I look forward to your prompt response.

Can someone write Chinese characters for me? lol. I've been requested to send the bike and upload tracking info by 7/15. Just out of curiosity, what do you think shipping 70lbs to China would cost; (oh and it has to arrive in pristine condition to qualify for refund). Not that I have any intention of sending the bike to China
View attachment 58291
I'm in the same boat as you but they said they are providing a shipping label. They declined my 700 partial refund offer. They never do what they say though. They said the label was coming 2 days ago.

I'm in the same boat as you but they said they are providing a shipping label. They declined my 700 partial refund offer. They never do what they say though. They said the label was coming 2 days ago.
Do you know of any resources for replacing the clutch or motor? Clearly going to have to sell or somehow repair

Everyone understands where you are coming from but not everyone feels the same way you do. We will welcome you back no problem.
Thanks! My experiences are not unique in the June 20200 shipments. My posts have been truthful, respectful and informative for those who also received dead bikes and no response/help from Eahora. I can also learn of other's remedies, motor Replacements. Re: "not everyone feels the same way you do" -- If you are only looking for "people who feel like you do"; OR you are moderating to avoid dissenting voices and less-than-perfect, but truthful experiences; then I don't want to participate in blindly praising Eahora. The ball is in your court....
1594260511507.png

All viewpoints are welcome. More people including myself are are frustrated with the support we have received from Eahora. Im upset and disappointed too but I'm trying to keep my cool and get through the situation without getting too worked up. I know it is fixable. Believe it or not, some new bike owners are being treated worse that eahora. So come back and ask for help, the clutch fix is easy and cheap.

The high road is always less crowded. I get emotional myself and have been excluded from a FB group after I quit. I found a work around and with these risk/reward Chinese direct ebikes it is sometimes good to have a group to help out. EBR is really a godsend with a lot of very smart experienced people.

Facebook is more of a social club and who needs that .. right :cool: My Eahora X7+ was pre-C-19 and I had minimal problems (knocks self on head). I know it doesn't make it any more palatable, but I think the pandemic caused many of the problems you guys are experiencing. At 1500 miles and counting, I can't complain.

jgc1000 and RMK! Thanks for your responses. I must apologize as I don't usually do the social media facebook stuff. I had been inactive on FB for 7 or so years until this ebike purchase and the issues. I thought I'd done adequate research on ebikes; but I didn't take into account things going so terribly wrong. I'm not accustomed to facebook purpose/protocols; and never had purchase issues on this scale with so many others in the same boat. I saw (and still see) this forum and FB as a way to communicate, collaborate and problem solve together; commiserate a bit and hopefully support each other. I'm sorry if my posts seem emotional (again no childish name calling, berating, or misleading statements "eahora stole my money and I want it back") -none of that drama will you hear from me. Instead I cited helpful consumer advocacy groups and possible resolution avenues for those who had similar issues, regardless of the Selling Company. I appreciate and respect your views as I'm sure you do mine. Again, thanks for your helpful advice. I'm glad to see that you both are up and running, I'm a bit jealous as I so want to just go for a long ride to help relieve all frustrations. Thanks for your ear.

As I'm not sure I will get a replacement clutch, wheelset or motor that I need from Eahora; I appreciate a response from anyone who can point me in the right direction (link?) so I can purchase replacement parts if necessary.

jgc1000 and RMK! Thanks for your responses. I must apologize as I don't usually do the social media facebook stuff. I had been inactive on FB for 7 or so years until this ebike purchase and the issues. I thought I'd done adequate research on ebikes; but I didn't take into account things going so terribly wrong. I'm not accustomed to facebook purpose/protocols; and never had purchase issues on this scale with so many others in the same boat. I saw (and still see) this forum and FB as a way to communicate, collaborate and problem solve together; commiserate a bit and hopefully support each other. I'm sorry if my posts seem emotional (again no childish name calling, berating, or misleading statements "eahora stole my money and I want it back") -none of that drama will you hear from me. Instead I cited helpful consumer advocacy groups and possible resolution avenues for those who had similar issues, regardless of the Selling Company. I appreciate and respect your views as I'm sure you do mine. Again, thanks for your helpful advice. I'm glad to see that you both are up and running, I'm a bit jealous as I so want to just go for a long ride to help relieve all frustrations. Thanks for your ear.

As I'm not sure I will get a replacement clutch, wheelset or motor that I need from Eahora; I appreciate a response from anyone who can point me in the right direction (link?) so I can purchase replacement parts if necessary.

I'll search for a video. You will need to rent or buy a gear puller.

Perfect; thanks so much! I've spoken to a bikeshop that did this very repair just a couple of weeks ago, so it was the correct clutch that I needed. To reconfirm before I click "buy"; is it the definitely the "8fun Bafang SWX02 motor gear set for replacement" that fits the X7+ as found in the June 2020 shipment. Thanks so much for all your help! I haven't seen what shipping times look like on that new clutch; but hopefully I can get my repairs done soon. Again much thanks

Perfect; thanks so much! I've spoken to a bikeshop that did this very repair just a couple of weeks ago, so it was the correct clutch that I needed. To reconfirm before I click "buy"; is it the definitely the "8fun Bafang SWX02 motor gear set for replacement" that fits the X7+ as found in the June 2020 shipment. Thanks so much for all your help! I haven't seen what shipping times look like on that new clutch; but hopefully I can get my repairs done soon. Again much thanks
Yes, it will fit but better build quality. This one will fit too.

Yes, it will fit but better build quality. This one will fit too.

Do you think this motor hub will work on the XC100???

Back