Known Issues & Problems with Bosch Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

That does make sense. And I do somethimes have that very different sound too although it's behavior is different because it is at a different point in the pedal stroke and happens for each pedal stroke. The clicking/ticking sound only happens once per pedal revolution and when the left pedal is nearly at the top. The creaking is more pedaling effort dependent where the ticking is not - they almost complement each other.

I plan on checking the motor bolts - I have ordered the necessary tools. Off hand do you know the proper motor mounting bolt torque specification?
As stated by Bosch:
The two T30 torx screws on the left side are 9 to 11 Nm
If you have 13mm bolts with nuts on the other side they are 25 - 30 Nm
If you have bolts that screw into the frame, please consult the bike manufacturer.

There is nothing I can think of in the motor that revolves the same speed as the pedal arm appart from the crankshaft and crankshaft gear and there is not much that will "click" here? Everything else is spinning at a different rate. You could disprove the motor by removing the crank arms turn the crank quarter of a turn and refit, the click should be at a different point in the pedal stroke if it's your motor.

Update on my ticking/clicking problem:

New pedals.
Pedals tight to crank arms checked.
Crank arms are tight to the motor input shaft checked.
Seat tube clamp was tight.
No rear suspension on my bike.

It's getting worse (louder).

The clicking/tick is still in the same pedal crank position and has not moved - more specificaly the left pedal is at about 12:30 (left view, coming to top), right pedal is of course at 6:30 (going to and almost at bottom).

I noticed yesterday that pedaling rpm has essentially no effect on the the noise - noise remains in sync with pedal crank position.

If I pedal with a force less than 12 Nm or greater than 20Nm, no noise. Also generally no noise for the first 1/2 mile of any ride.

Noise is present in all gears (generally 1 - 6).

There may be an additional pedal crank position developing the same noise.
Hips. Checked
Knees. Checked
Ankles ...?
:p

You might want to look at https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/sduro-haibike-22-newton-torque-setting-bolts-ouch.23468/

also

good luck
Just found this on my Imac torque spec.

Attachments

• IMG_0842.png
    IMG_0842.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,294
Update on my noise problem(s):

Tightening the motor mount bolts stopped the creaking.
Re-lubing the seat post seems to have stopped the 'clicking.' I'm still testing this.

Thx.

""Re-lubing the seat post seems to have stopped the 'clicking.' I'm still testing this.""

Aren't you scare that the seat post will move ?

Hello everyone. I am 120kms on my scott genius 920 e ride with the Bosch performance motor. Bike was quite as a whistle until I went up a small hill and heard a loud pop. Now my bike is as loud as a chris king hub while merely coasting forward and back pedaling.
If I lift the rear wheel up and pedal it turns the crank which It did not to before either. So while walking with the bike beside me the pedals are turning which is odd.
The shop I got it from told me that's all normal and that it's now broken in. Sure...

Attachments

• Resized_20200403_160529.jpeg
    Resized_20200403_160529.jpeg
    491 KB · Views: 480
Hello everyone. I am 120kms on my scott genius 920 e ride with the Bosch performance motor. Bike was quite as a whistle until I went up a small hill and heard a loud pop. Now my bike is as loud as a chris king hub while merely coasting forward and back pedaling.
If I lift the rear wheel up and pedal it turns the crank which It did not to before either. So while walking with the bike beside me the pedals are turning which is odd.
The shop I got it from told me that's all normal and that it's now broken in. Sure...
No, not normal! Sounds like a failure of the freewheel clutch bearing to me.

My Performance Line motor has 400 miles and after about 4 to 5 miles i sometimes hear a creaky noise when peddling. Its intermittent and comes and goes. Anyone experienced this before. Im assuming its just the motor getting hot? Also anyome have a service guide for Bosch motors?

My Performance Line motor has 400 miles and after about 4 to 5 miles i sometimes hear a creaky noise when peddling. Its intermittent and comes and goes. Anyone experienced this before. Im assuming its just the motor getting hot? Also anyome have a service guide for Bosch motors?
All bike noise seems ton travel down the frame and emanate from the motor area. If you are absolutely sure it's not your saddle post, rear shock, rear linkage, head stock, crank arms or pedals, then it's your motor bolts. There is no service guide for Bosch motors. They are a fit and forget item.
However, if you feel or hear and bearing play or wear, that is the time to do something. This is best felt and heard by removing the chain from the front sprocket and turning the pedals forward and back and listen. It should sound relatively quiet both ways and feel smooth.

All bike noise seems ton travel down the frame and emanate from the motor area. If you are absolutely sure it's not your saddle post, rear shock, rear linkage, head stock, crank arms or pedals, then it's your motor bolts. There is no service guide for Bosch motors. They are a fit and forget item.
However, if you feel or hear and bearing play or wear, that is the time to do something. This is best felt and heard by removing the chain from the front sprocket and turning the pedals forward and back and listen. It should sound relatively quiet both ways and feel smooth.

Its definitely from the crank arms but only after some riding. Its smooth and silent in the beginning. Its odd ill record it. Its probably not serious but i just want to know what it is and possibly stop it. The harder i press the pedal the lounder the creaking

Its definitely from the crank arms but only after some riding. Its smooth and silent in the beginning. Its odd ill record it. Its probably not serious but i just want to know what it is and possibly stop it. The harder i press the pedal the lounder the creaking

Have you tried tightening the cranks, motor, anything?

Hi all, new here. I have a new 2019 Moustache Friday 27 FS with Bosch Performance Line. It has less than 100 kilometres on it and it occasionally has this grinding feeling to it and I believe lack of power delivery. It's hard to explain, I wonder if it is the same creakiness that boxcarracer is reporting? The other day it was kicking in hard at 28km/hr and seemed to be holding me back from reaching the cutoff of 32km/hr.

My wife has a 2019 Gazelle with the same motor and it doesn't exhibit any of this. It also seems on mine the 32km/hr cutoff in general is rougher than hers. I was going down a pretty good hill, above 32km/hr and as soon as I tried to pedal to go faster it actually slowed it down. Not sure if that is normal as I'm still new to these.

I took the bike back to the shop and no codes were present, he threw it up on a mount and tried to see if he could get a feel for it but nothing was evident. Had to leave it with him for him to try on a ride and am waiting to hear back.

Hi all, new here. I have a new 2019 Moustache Friday 27 FS with Bosch Performance Line. It has less than 100 kilometres on it and it occasionally has this grinding feeling to it and I believe lack of power delivery. It's hard to explain, I wonder if it is the same creakiness that boxcarracer is reporting? The other day it was kicking in hard at 28km/hr and seemed to be holding me back from reaching the cutoff of 32km/hr.

My wife has a 2019 Gazelle with the same motor and it doesn't exhibit any of this. It also seems on mine the 32km/hr cutoff in general is rougher than hers. I was going down a pretty good hill, above 32km/hr and as soon as I tried to pedal to go faster it actually slowed it down. Not sure if that is normal as I'm still new to these.

I took the bike back to the shop and no codes were present, he threw it up on a mount and tried to see if he could get a feel for it but nothing was evident. Had to leave it with him for him to try on a ride and am waiting to hear back.
The 2019 and earlier bosch performance line will offer some annoying resistance above the cutoff unless you install a Bikespeed de-limiter( which will void your warranty). The rough feeling comes and goes? If so it will not likely be a problem. If it does it all the time however Bosch will replace the motor under warranty. I have had that rough feeling on occasion but it is only fleeting and my CX keeps on ticking with over 20,000 km. Jason perhaps you should talk to Stephen from Bosch. You can check out the new thread " Howdy from Virginia " he posted today.

Last edited:
The 2019 and earlier bosch performance line will offer some annoying resistance above the cutoff unless you install a Bikespeed de-limiter( which will void your warranty). The rough feeling comes and goes? If so it will not likely be a problem. If it does it all the time however Bosch will replace the motor under warranty. I have had that rough feeling on occasion but it is only fleeting and my CX keeps on ticking with over 20,000 km.
Yes the rough feeling comes and goes but it's also paired with a lack of power delivery. I'm pretty sure my wife's Gazelle is the same model year and hers has smooth power delivery up until the cutoff. Admittedly I haven't ridden hers as much as mine.

Yes the rough feeling comes and goes but it's also paired with a lack of power delivery. I'm pretty sure my wife's Gazelle is the same model year and hers has smooth power delivery up until the cutoff. Admittedly I haven't ridden hers as much as mine.
There should not be a power loss of any kind until you hit the cutoff....that sounds wrong. Try Stephen from Bosch.

Sounds like one of the circlips that secure the crankshaft gear has snapped or jumped its grooves. This is quite common and it allows the crankshaft gear to grind into the transfer gear carrier and motor cover. This gives the strange sound, sometimes a vibration through the pedals and lack of power. It is usually noticed when climbing steep hills or putting high power through the pedals.

Sounds like one of the circlips that secure the crankshaft gear has snapped or jumped its grooves. This is quite common and it allows the crankshaft gear to grind into the transfer gear carrier and motor cover. This gives the strange sound, sometimes a vibration through the pedals and lack of power. It is usually noticed when climbing steep hills or putting high power through the pedals.
That sounds interesting, certainly sounds like what I experience. I passed it on to the shop, they said it was a speed sensor error and tried adjusting it and sent it home with me. The problem unfortunately persists, they are ordering a new speed sensor.

That sounds interesting, certainly sounds like what I experience. I passed it on to the shop, they said it was a speed sensor error and tried adjusting it and sent it home with me. The problem unfortunately persists, they are ordering a new speed sensor.
Speed sensor! Wonder how that would give you a rough feeling through your motor, its not even fixed on your motor! 🤔 Let us know how it goes.

Hello everyone, i would like to ask you for advice.
I bought a second-hand complete KIOX set, to add.

It was unused, but sold as used.

I didn't notice that this was a sample that was not for sale, I know I was stupid

I mounted the kit and it worked well. But it displayed a message about the need to update the software.

I took the bike to my dealer, who also didn't notice that it was this type of KIOX kit and it fell during the update. And the KIOX display was dead. The dealer then found out that it was a sample. And he said, the Bosch was probably blocked. It could no longer be connected to Bosch diagnostics.

They said there was nothing he could do about it.

When I got home, I tried different options with buttons.

If I hold both buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds, the display shows up USB picture and and it is written there connect , if I connect to a PC the display lights up connected. That is all.

My question is, is it definitive lost, or is there a chance to return to the original state ?

Thank you very much for any answer.

Back